Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably won't happen, but what if DM himself were to testify that he touched/ moved his father's body - to check whether he was really deceased, only - before he called his mother & the police, but didn't want to admit that originally. It could cast doubt on Sutherland's reconstruction of the posture of the body and the likelihood he shot himself. Reasonable doubt, maybe?
Thankfully there is lots of circumstantial evidence. And Sutherland was only trying to reconstruct what position everything would have been in, in order for the GSR to be on the pillow in that location, and had other facts to work with such as no GSR on the only hand that could've been used. (Nobody would put WM's hand under his face on the pillow after the fact). He's got a lot to work with, like the angle from where the shot entered, how far away the gun was from the eye, and where it lodged into the opposite side. Abrasions, stippling, or lack of it, etc.. there seemed to be lots to consider even if a body had slightly been moved. jmo.

Not sure if you are questioning whether MB continues to get that money today, or had been receiving it? In 2016, Lisa the bookkeeper testified that MB was still getting paid as at that time.

Bosma trial: Millardair bookkeeper says money was “very tight”

The hangar was sold in April 2015, she told the jury, and the only person left on the payroll is Madeleine Burns (Millard's mother) who is paid $5,000 gross per month. There's no physical space left for any business to be done, she said.
Thanks for digging up!

I’ve searched but was unable to find any records indicating MB has been receiving $5000 every month from MillardAir. Do you recall the source of this information?

ETA: the link just above from 2016 refers to “the now-defunct family business”.

Below is from the bookeepers testimony and is in the live blog stuff at this link: Tim Bosma trial: Dellen Millard's bookkeeper returns to witness box | CBC News

Adam Carter
    0f02d2c9-ff9d-488d-8144-ea60d1142192.jpg
  • Feb 25 2016 11:03 AM
    Madeline Burns (Millard's mother) is still on the payroll. "I doesn't know personally what she does for the company other than I know she has control of the company," Williams says. Millard's mother is paid $5,000 a month, she says.
    Adam Carter
  • Feb 25 2016 11:04 AM
    Shane Schlatman stopped being paid by MillardAir in April 2015, she says.
    Adam Carter
  • Feb 25 2016 11:05 AM
    Williams says she still sees Madeleine Burns sometimes to talk business. The last time she saw Millard, she says, was Sept. 2014. He was arrested in 2013

Not sure if you are questioning whether MB continues to get that money today, or had been receiving it? In 2016, Lisa the bookkeeper testified that MB was still getting paid as at that time.

Bosma trial: Millardair bookkeeper says money was “very tight”

The hangar was sold in April 2015, she told the jury, and the only person left on the payroll is Madeleine Burns (Millard's mother) who is paid $5,000 gross per month. There's no physical space left for any business to be done, she said.

Thanks, very interesting. A business owner may take the option of paying alimony directly from the company and for accounting purposes it’s considered as shareholder income, but it’s not clear if this was the situation here as the bookkeeper indicates it’s for “payroll”.

(The business owes Millard a total of $3,979,538.54 in return for Millard selling off or re-financing his own properties to pay off a bank loan but, the documents note, given that the business is no longer operational that money is unlikely to be repaid.)......”
Dellen Millard’s tangled financial web | The Star

It's almost as though he took the $3 million RBC loan and bought more properties, then selling them was to repay the RBC loan.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think just above, Claroon posted something about MB being the only 'employee' left on the MillardAir payroll?
ETA If necessary, I will go into my files to see if the bookkeeper also didn't make mention of MB in regard to the finances of MillardAir.

The hangar was sold in April 2015, she told the jury, and the only person left on the payroll is Madeleine Burns (Millard's mother) who is paid $5,000 gross per month. https://www.thespec.com/news-story/6353556-bosma-trial-millardair-bookkeeper-says-money-was-very-tight-/

Probably won't happen, but what if DM himself were to testify that he touched/ moved his father's body - to check whether he was really deceased, only - before he called his mother & the police, but didn't want to admit that originally. It could cast doubt on Sutherland's reconstruction of the posture of the body and the likelihood he shot himself. Reasonable doubt, maybe?

Oh yes please! Get up and testify DM! :D

Thanks, very interesting. A business owner may take the option of paying alimony directly from the company and for accounting purposes it’s considered as shareholder income, but it’s not clear if this was the situation here as the bookkeeper indicates it’s for “payroll”.

There is absolutely nothing clear about the "accounting" of that company IMO.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 42s43 seconds ago
Pillay and Sutherland are now going back and forth about the soot deposition and cylinder gap from the gun. Sutherland says the cylinder gap impressions are always constant. Pillay says that he can't say the impression will be the same regardless of ammunition type. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
"I'm going to suggest to you sir that you're wrong, and I think you'll disagree with that," Pillay says. "I would," Sutherland responds. #Millard

There is absolutely nothing clear about the "accounting" of that company IMO.

That's for sure! I don't think they would be taking out payroll taxes and such for Alimony though. Well...I guess I'm not sure how payroll tax works in Canada.

A big part (imho) was the cab ride.. but if as Claroon has dug up just above, if this was at the same time that DM did not have a valid drivers license, that would be a reason for calling a cab.

But MM testified that DM drove his truck to their place and I don't recall that we've ever heard of DM taking a cab anywhere, any time.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 27s27 seconds ago
Pillay now says he's moving on to talk about "replicate testing" within the scientific method. Essentially, that others should be able to employ the same method and achieved similar results. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 56s56 seconds ago
Pillay says this is "critical" for any recreation with gunshot residue powders. Sutherland agrees. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 28s29 seconds ago
Pillay is now talking about how Sutherland did his tests, and moved the gun in relation to the mannequin head/arm/pillow. #Millard

It's almost as though he took the $3 million RBC loan and bought more properties, then selling them was to repay the RBC loan.

DM did own various properties prior to WMs death. Whether he inherited funds from his grandfather or was given money from WM hasn’t been said.

Through testimony tweets, it appears MillardAir took out a large loan near the completion of construction because funds had run out. In that DM and WM were reported to be 50/50 shareholders, they likely were required to provide a personal guarantee for that loan and as a result either or both of them would be held financially liable if the company defaulted. As there was no income after WMs death, the bank would’ve demanded repayment in full, is my opinion. Without cooperation, personal guarantees give the bank the right of proceeding to liquidate personal assets.

As banks are notorious for liquidating assets at low prices, it would’ve been in DMs best interest to voluntarily pay out the MillardAir loans. That appears to me to be what that article is describing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Pillay says there "wasn't a single repeated testing done" among Sutherland's test fires -- ie: he did the same thing twice, without moving. Sutherland says that's correct. Each time he moved something or changed something slightly. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 17s18 seconds ago
Sutherland says the reproducibility refers to the concept that someone else could review what he did, and replicate things on their own. Pillay suggests the onus was on Sutherland himself, to ensure that what was happening here wasn't "one-offs." #Millard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow