Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 8m8 minutes ago
Sutherland says in the post mortem report, Wayne Millard was listed at five foot eleven, and 226 pounds. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 3m3 minutes ago
Pillay says one of the things Sutherland did was get ammunition, and try to recreate the scene found on the pillow. Pillay suggests it's important to get the exact same ammunition as was found in the gun for his tests. "You said you could not," Pillay asks. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 4m4 minutes ago
"Correct," Sutherland says, adding it was "unobtainable." #Millard

I follow his live blog and when I’m reading, it’ll refresh on me. That’s AC making corrections, adding or deleting...so I just figured out the other day lol
Yes it refreshes constantly because he is constantly writing his next post. I can't really speak to him going in after the fact to make a correction or a change, I haven't witnesses that specifically, however I do think the posts in all mediums are not identical... but for me, that could also be a matter of what I was thinking I was seeing, but didn't have time to actually prove it, by comparing at same time.. but just the other day, I stopped following the mobile blog because I felt it was missing something that was in the liveblog. jmo.

Pillay says this ammunition was easily obtainable in the U.S. Sutherland says that's true, but there regulations about moving ammo back and forth across the border. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Sutherland says the ammunition he used was made by the same manufacturer, and the projectile weight is "two grains" in the difference. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
Sutherland says he did not test to see if the two different types of ammunition behaved differently being fired from this gun. #Millard

bbm - Yes! In murder TV shows they always look at who has the most to gain. Yes, DM owned 50% of the business which should have painted him as a suspect not merely a grieving son who unfortunately stumbled upon such a scene.
Then there was an ex-wife, for long years divorced, who gets/got the benefit of generous monthly alimony. MB, who seemingly sometimes is extending her name from Burns to "Burns Millard" if it is worth it (MOO). Just these two, mother/only son, appeared at the crime scene and influenced the officers with their chatter about alcohol/depression and theatrical fuss (by her, MOO). No grieving, not a word about his happy future, Wayne thought he would have soon (MRO license, JC), not one verbal doubt re suicide. What a compatible duo! IMO

I'm sure (sorry, but I am), in the period before WM's death, MB had supported/maybe even a little manipulated DM, when she heard about WM, allegedly doing mismanagement, and especially when she heard about his newly rediscovered old love. IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
I care. LOL

You know despite his drinking and his of a son, I think WM was a really nice man.

DM killed him. That is my belief after hearing the testimony today. There is no way WM could have done it to himself holding the gun in some weird position with one other hand under his head.

I also wonder how the gun **slipped off** his hand once he died. To pull the trigger one finger would have to be in that trigger loop (or whatever it is called) and would have still been there when he was found hours later.

DM killed him. So obvious.
If you do the physical mechanics, it's super awkward, the positioning of his hand.. and the coroner said he thought he pulled the trigger with his thumb, because his thumb was in a certain position. Then if you do the physical mechanics, and think that he was using his thumb to pull the trigger, to me, it makes it even that much MORE awkward, and then on top of THAT, if with the thumb, then how'd the gun fall out of his hand, and why was his thumb still curled and not limp, and NOW we hear that the hand was palm up, but that it had been moved.. so originally the hand was palm down?? doesn't that mean it is even MORE unlikely (about the position of his hand/arm as the shooter)?

[/QUOTE]
I bolded part of your comment to note that from personal experience I can say that it clearly does happen. My uncle was found dead from a 12 gauge shotgun wound to the chest in Hamilton back in Sept. 1993. He was divorced, known to drink too much, was precariously employed, lived in a crappy apartment and had intermittently throughout his adult years been depressed.

The shotgun was found laying on its' side beside his body.....no mechanism had been rigged up for the trigger to be pulled....there is no way, no how that my uncle shot himself. It was a physical impossibility not to mention where the gun was found. At the time he was dating a woman who was blood related to an Italian Hamilton mob family....long awful story....but the point is....despite my cousins and uncles and aunts pleading with LE to investigate, that there was no way he committed suicide, they wouldn't reopen the case and it was ruled a suicide. This may also have had to do with him dating someone linked to the mob but clearly there are times that despite overt and obvious evidence that a homicide not a suicide has occurred....they will refuse to investigate.

This may be of interest to you -
Ontario coroner to review undetected homicides — all the way back to Tammy Homolka
By AMY DEMPSEYStaff Reporter
Fri., June 8, 2018
- Ontario coroner to review undetected homicides — all the way back to Tammy Homolka | The Star

Pillay now saying without knowing that these two different ammunition types have the same propellant, Sutherland has no basis to believe they will leave the same sorts of marks on a pillow. #Millard

Sutherland says he can, because the cylinder gap doesn't change. "The expulsion of that pattern will be uniform," he says. #Millard

Sutherland calls the bullets he used a "suitable replacement," but "not identical." #Millard

"You have no basis to conclude they behave in the same way in that firearm," Pillay says. "I disagree," Sutherland responds. #Millard

Sorry, I don't think I was very clear. I absolutely agree with you that he did not suddenly become a murderer.
I was just wondering when CN came into his life? After a google search, I see they started dating in 2011.
Isn't that about the time when his life took the definite turn to criminalism?

Then there was an ex-wife, for long years divorced, who gets/got the benefit of generous monthly alimony. MB, who seemingly sometimes is extending her name from Burns to "Burns Millard" if it is worth it (MOO). Just these two, mother/only son, appeared at the crime scene and influenced the officers with their chatter about alcohol/depression and theatrical fuss (by her, MOO). No grieving, not a word about his happy future, Wayne thought he would have soon (MRO license, JC), not one verbal doubt re suicide. What a compatible duo!
All that does remind me of the mixed up crime scene at OPistorius home (and my indignation). - IMO MOO
Especially since dear only beloved son was the sole inheritor to WM's entire estate? Wow. No questions there!

Yes it refreshes constantly because he is constantly writing his next post. I can't really speak to him going in after the fact to make a correction or a change, I haven't witnesses that specifically, however I do think the posts in all mediums are not identical... but for me, that could also be a matter of what I was thinking I was seeing, but didn't have time to actually prove it, by comparing at same time.. but just the other day, I stopped following the mobile blog because I felt it was missing something that was in the liveblog. jmo.

Sorry, I’m on the Mobil blog.
That’s prob why. Like that post about tox screen and Oxy I posted. I know AC typed it but when I went to find it for Kamille, it wasn’t there.
I was reading the opening posts today and it did the refresh thing. I scrolled down and he added to the post. That’s why I corrected my post because it was different then Mantou’s tweeter copy but were the same originally. So really, you’re not missing anything Untill AC makes changes. So when it does the refresh, scroll down and you’ll find something different.

Then there was an ex-wife, for long years divorced, who gets/got the benefit of generous monthly alimony. MB, who seemingly sometimes is extending her name from Burns to "Burns Millard" if it is worth it (MOO). Just these two, mother/only son, appeared at the crime scene and influenced the officers with their chatter about alcohol/depression and theatrical fuss (by her, MOO). No grieving, not a word about his happy future, Wayne thought he would have soon (MRO license, JC), not one verbal doubt re suicide. What a compatible duo!
All that does remind me of the mixed up crime scene at OPistorius home (and my indignation). - IMO MOO

Actually, IMO $5,000 a month isn't that generous. There would be no financial benefit to her IMO of his death.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 8m8 minutes ago
Sutherland says in the post mortem report, Wayne Millard was listed at five foot eleven, and 226 pounds. #Millard

Pillay says one of the things Sutherland did was get ammunition, and try to recreate the scene found on the pillow. Pillay suggests it's important to get the exact same ammunition as was found in the gun for his tests. "You said you could not," Pillay asks. #Millard

"Correct," Sutherland says, adding it was "unobtainable." #Millard
Umm yes, and WHY?? Because it was illegal ammo? Hmm? Guess the police aren't necessarily going to purchase THAT kind of ammo from the thugs, would that be what was expected? And yet it was proven already to be DM's gun, illegally purchased from a criminal wannabe-gangsta.. but let's not worry about that minor detail.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just not seeing a slam dunk case here unfortunately. This one, despite what some media outlets reported about the cost of another trial, he's already been convicted, etc; was very important to win as it would have nullified DM from inheriting his fathers estate, or what's left of it. If he's found not guilty, which I have a sneaking suspicion he just might be he's going to inherit that estate!

Then there was an ex-wife, for long years divorced, who gets/got the benefit of generous monthly alimony. MB, who seemingly sometimes is extending her name from Burns to "Burns Millard" if it is worth it (MOO). Just these two, mother/only son, appeared at the crime scene and influenced the officers with their chatter about alcohol/depression and theatrical fuss (by her, MOO). No grieving, not a word about his happy future, Wayne thought he would have soon (MRO license, JC), not one verbal doubt re suicide. What a compatible duo! IMO

I'm sure (sorry, but I am), in the period before WM's death, MB had supported/maybe even a little manipulated DM, when she heard about WM, allegedly doing mismanagement, and especially when she heard about his newly rediscovered old love. IMO
For all we know, MB could have been receiving tens of thousands per month in alimony? That $5000/month was only what we know about so far as after WM's death, being paid out to her by MillardAir, via the new President of the company, her dearly beloved son. jmo

If you do the physical mechanics, it's super awkward, the positioning of his hand.. and the coroner said he thought he pulled the trigger with his thumb, because his thumb was in a certain position. Then if you do the physical mechanics, and think that he was using his thumb to pull the trigger, to me, it makes it even that much MORE awkward, and then on top of THAT, if with the thumb, then how'd the gun fall out of his hand, and why was his thumb still curled and not limp, and NOW we hear that the hand was palm up, but that it had been moved.. so originally the hand was palm down?? doesn't that mean it is even MORE unlikely (about the position of his hand/arm as the shooter)?

It’s becoming very confusing, what is what.

One of the obstacles in this case began with the first responders who didn’t notice the gun or the bullet wound to the eye and deduced that WM died by hemorrhaging of the throat, apparently a fatal side effect of alcoholism. Then the bag/gun was found and moved prior to the photographs being taken however nobody admits to having moved it. How can anyone say the body position wasn’t disturbed as well?

I’m back on the fence. Although I think DM is probably guilty, the Crown has the legal obligation of proving within reasonable doubt that he’s the person who committed the murder of his father. Midway through the trial, amongst the prosecution’s final witnesses the possibility of suicide still is being argued, that’s not really a good sign imo.

DM wanted to blame his dad for spending money--giving him debt. He's delusional. His father gave him lots of money IMO. Here are some points I've gathered:

• 2013 DM listed as owning a six-unit residential building at 307 Riverside Dr. in Toronto assessed at $1,443,000.
  • 2011 45-hectare farm 2548 Roseville Rd. in Ayr, purchased May 2011 for $835,000.
  • 2013 Condo 37th floor at 70 Distillery Lane in downtown Toronto. Millard paid almost $628,000.
  • He had the money to take his girlfriend and pals on tropical vacations.
  • Schlatman had made $80,000 worth of modifications to one of Millard’s Jeeps.
  • When arrested 2013 The cops found him with $3,000 in cash.
  • Retail price of incinerator more than $15,000. All told, with Schlatman’s modifications to make it mobile, the Eliminator cost about $23,000.

Interesting, DM was crying about money pointing to that being a reason for WM killing himself and complaining to friends about his father leaving him debt!

Last edited:
I'm just not seeing a slam dunk case here unfortunately. This one, despite what some media outlets reported about the cost of another trial, he's already been convicted, etc; was very important to win as it would have nullified DM from inheriting his fathers estate, or what's left of it. If he's found not guilty, which I have a sneaking suspicion he just might be he's going to inherit that estate!
Yes, this case is very very important and related to the others financially. I too fear for the verdict, only because it is a judge-only trial. If it had been a jury trial, I'll bet it would be a conviction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member