Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Wood says the last time he physically saw Wayne Millard was before the shovels went into the ground to build the hangar at the airport. "You're aware he was ill for a lengthy period of time?" Pillay asks. Wood says yes, he understood he had some back issues. #Millard

"Fair to say you didn't know Wayne personally at all?" Pillay asks. Wood says no, it was a business relationship. #millard

NOTE: Pillay's favorite word is FAIR.
His other favorite word is to say: suggest.

by Adam Carter 8:49 AM
Wood says Wayne Millard told him he was building this business to leave it for Dellen. "I remembered thinking to myself my dad's not building me a hangar like this, that's a pretty nice dad. Obviously the legacy of the company was important to him," he says. #Millard

If DM’s life began spiralling downward in around 2011, I wonder if the expectations placed upon him had anything to do with it. Absolutely no excuse, in a grandiose way he directiy ruined his own life by causing death and heartache to others.

So not to minimize his criminal behaviour but it reminds me of a passive rebellion scenario that’s relatively common between parents and children. For example a kid who gets sent to university, enrolled in a career path chosen by parents, which they have absolutely no interest in but half heartedly go along with, so as not to disappoint the parent. Sure enough, then some minor incident occurs that causes them to get expelled or drop out.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 53s54 seconds ago
Pillay says Sutherland's qualifications were challenged in three of his previous trials. Sutherland says yes, that's correct. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 50s51 seconds ago
Sutherland says he first became involved in this case in the summer of 2014. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 37s37 seconds ago
"You must have known in August of 2014 who Dellen Millard was." Pillay asks. Sutherland says yes, he knew his name, and knew he was facing charges in the Bosma and Babcock murders. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 47s47 seconds ago
Pillay says he "must have known" Millard was facing a charge in his father's death too. Sutherland agrees he must have known, though he sys he doesn't follow the news closely. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 16s16 seconds ago
"You knew when you were asked to review this matter, the pivotal issue .. was wheter or not this was a suicide," Pillay says. Sutherland says he was never asked to "quantify whether or not it was a murder or a suicide." #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
Sutherland says that was in his mind though, "absolutely." That is the "obvious inference," he says. #Millard

"You generated a hypothesis, right?" Pillay asks. Sutherland says "No conclusions were reached before the final report." #Millard

Sutherland agrees that he did think there were "inconsistencies" at this stage. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 32s32 seconds ago
Pillay says this meant Sutherland thought things were inconsistent with a suicide. Sutherland says no, not necessarily. #Millard

by Adam Carter 8:49 AM
Wood says Wayne Millard told him he was building this business to leave it for Dellen. "I remembered thinking to myself my dad's not building me a hangar like this, that's a pretty nice dad. Obviously the legacy of the company was important to him," he says. #Millard

If DM’s life began spiralling downward in around 2011, I wonder if the expectations placed upon him had anything to do with it. Absolutely no excuse, in a grandiose way he directiy ruined his own life by causing death and heartache to others.

So not to minimize his criminal behaviour but it reminds me of a passive rebellion scenario that’s relatively common between parents and children. For example a kid who gets sent to university, enrolled in a career path chosen by parents, which they have absolutely no interest in but half heartedly go along with, so as not to disappoint the parent. Sure enough, then some minor incident occurs that causes them to get expelled or drop out.

You could look at the whole history of DM being "forced" into the aviation business. I've heard nothing to suggest that he ever flew a plane after his "record breaking" flight at age 14. He only maintained a personal helicopter licence at the time of his arrest so he couldn't fly those commercially either. He also rarely flew the one they had for personal reasons either. WM was excited at one point when DM was 21 because he thought that DM wanted to move MillardAir into the commercial helicopter business but that never happened either. It appears he wanted to get into real estate or property management/flipping. Not to mention all the other "interests" he had that had nothing to do with aviation.

So yes, he could have been harbouring a lot of resentment towards his father regarding being forced to go along with this MRO idea that was "depleting the family resources".

MOO

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 4m4 minutes ago
We're now underway. Pillay is asking for an exception to witnesses in the courtroom. He's asking for someone to sit in on Det. Const. Sutherland's cross-examination. #Millard

It's a possible witness on his part, though he says he's not sure if he's going to call witnesses yet. The Crown is opposing this. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 4m4 minutes ago
"This is a simple request for me to consult with somebody I may call as a witness," Pillay says. The Crown's issue is they only just found out about this. #Millard
Nothing like trying to get a defence witness involved without having to provide a defence (and be subject to all that that would mean).

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 9s10 seconds ago
"These are all inconsistencies with a suicide you included in your proposal, correct?" Pillay asks. "I hadn't ruled out a suicide," Sutherland says. #Millard

Pillay now reading out from Sutherland's proposal, which was his first report. This is where he talks about a "number of inconsistencies." #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 31s31 seconds ago
Sutherland says this was a "review and proposal for testing." It could have been searching for a manufacturing defect in the gun, as an example, he says. #Millard

Nothing like trying to get a defence witness involved without having to provide a defence (and be subject to all that that would mean).

I think they will be providing a defence. I can't see how they can just let all this information, a lot of it in agreed statement of facts with no opportunity to cross or suggest alternatives, stand uncontested.

MOO

I have a question? I have never shot a gun, so has anyone shot a gun.? Is there any circumstance that you would shoot a gun and have no gsr on your hand? I know if you were wearing gloves you would not but if you were not wearing gloves.?

Sutherland now agrees he did not access witness statements or police officer notes from the scene. "It's clear that you place great reliance on the photographs from the scene?" Pillay asks. Sutherland says yes. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 33s34 seconds ago
"You must presume that nothing was changed in the scene from before the time of the photographs, correct?" Pillay says. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 46s46 seconds ago
Sutherland says that he knew the gun at the scene had been moved, and that Millard's left hand had been moved, because it was found palm up. "The hand moved," he says. That's the first time we've heard that. #Millard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties