Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prediction for Friday & Pillay. He will go for a mistrial on the grounds that Sutherland's testimony is junk science and the justice can't unhear and unsee it even if she rules it inadmissible. (Unlikely to succeed as crime scene reconstructions from this witness have been allowed before in Cdn. courts - but I bet he tries it.)

As someone who routinely sleeps on side with hand tucked under head, but the lower, not upper, arm. I tried this position with the upper arm underneath, as shown for WM. Could barely move the lower hand, let alone manipulate a weapon the way he would have had to.

Could be. I figured it looked kind of smallish and rectanglular, and with it being pink, and appearing to have embroidery band on it... and in the olden days some towels had fringing. Here is it blown up a bit.
That is definitely a bath towel. I have one almost exactly like it.

DM bought the illegal firearm from a convicted gun dealer. DM’s DNA on the gun (? and not WM’s). DM’s police statement is at odds with his cell phone pings which place him at or near the scene at the time of WM’s death. So he either lied in his statement or his phone has wings. Bullet trajectory, crime scene reconstruction and the absence of gunpowder residue on WM’s only free hand deem it seemingly impossible that WM could have shot himself.
Ignoring that DM is a convicted serial killer, I would venture that there is already sufficient circumstantial evidence for another M1 conviction.

IMHO, it doesn't matter at this point that DM will be locked up for life and never see a cent of his inheritance. What does matter is that a committee determined that based on info from someone who had the most to gain from the death, no further investigation was needed and as a result of their direction, DM went on to murder TB. How stupid and naive could this group of people be? Actually, I find it disgusting and they should have their butts sued off. There should be an inquiry into this. MOO

bbm - Yes! In murder TV shows they always look at who has the most to gain. Yes, DM owned 50% of the business which should have painted him as a suspect not merely a grieving son who unfortunately stumbled upon such a scene.

Sorry, I don't think I was very clear. I absolutely agree with you that he did not suddenly become a murderer.
I was just wondering when CN came into his life? After a google search, I see they started dating in 2011.

He more or less was a womanizer. He was seeing his fiance, CN, LB, screwing LW his realtor and who knows who those girls were he took on a boat in Muskoka.

DM bought the illegal firearm from a convicted gun dealer. DM’s DNA on the gun (? and not WM’s). DM’s police statement is at odds with his cell phone pings which place him at or near the scene at the time of WM’s death. So he either lied in his statement or his phone has wings. Bullet trajectory, crime scene reconstruction and the absence of gunpowder residue on WM’s only free hand deem it seemingly impossible that WM could have shot himself.
Ignoring that DM is a convicted serial killer, I would venture that there is already sufficient circumstantial evidence for another M1 conviction.

...and motive since the company and residence went to him

Yup, too damaging there Pillay :rolleyes:

Jun 15 2018 9:14 AM
Heading hack to the courthouse today for the continuation of Dellen Millard’s first-degree murder trial. Follow along for updates.
Adam Carter

Jun 15 2018 9:17 AM
I expect today to be a full one. We’ll start with Chris Wood, who was running the Waterloo airport when MillardAir was building its new hangar there. Then Millard’s lawyer, Ravin Pillay, will cross-examine the Crown’s crime scene reconstructionist. It’s no stretch to say that’s probably the most important cross of the trial for him.
Adam Carter

Jun 15 2018 9:19 AM
Then, when that’s finished, there will be a le
gal argument about the admissibility of the reconstructionist’s evidence. Pillay wants it excluded. When that’s all said and done, it’s expected the Crown will close its case. Then we find out if the defence will call any witnesses.
Adam Carter

There’s a possibility that if this all runs long, things may spill into Monday.
Adam Carter

Wow! I’m not good at this! All fixed up lol

Last edited:
Then, when that’s finished, there will be a le
gal argument about the admissibility of the reconstructionist’s evidence. Pillay wants it excluded. When that’s all said and done, it’s expected the Crown will close its case. Then we find out if the defence will call any witnesses.
Adam Carter

Nothing in the letters?

I'm too on the position that the case was deemed a suicide too fast; and somebody needs to review the procedures. The proper investigation would have saved TB. The proper investigation of missing LB, would have saved two lives.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 4m4 minutes ago
We're now underway. Pillay is asking for an exception to witnesses in the courtroom. He's asking for someone to sit in on Det. Const. Sutherland's cross-examination. #Millard

It's a possible witness on his part, though he says he's not sure if he's going to call witnesses yet. The Crown is opposing this. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 4m4 minutes ago
"This is a simple request for me to consult with somebody I may call as a witness," Pillay says. The Crown's issue is they only just found out about this. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
"Nothing Det. Const. Sutherland testified to is any kind of surprise to the defence," Crown Jill Cameron says. She says Pillay has had Sutherland's report since late 2016. "We are entitled to a report from [Pillay's] expert before the close of our case," Cameron says. #Millard

Pillay says his name Liam Hendrikse. He's an expert in firearms and forensic shooting reconstruction. #Millard

The judge says she will make an exception on this person being allowed to be in the courtroom. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 43s43 seconds ago
Now we're back into witnesses. The Crown is calling Chris Wood as its next witness. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 31s32 seconds ago
Wood says he is the general manager at the Region of Waterloo International Airport. He's been there for eight years. He oversees the day to day operations there. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
Wood says he knew Wayne Millard -- who was a tenant of the airport. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 31s31 seconds ago
He says he started talking to Millard about expansion plans in Waterloo in 2009. He was making a "sales pitch" about trying to get him to move MillardAir to the Waterloo airport. #Millard

He says in about a year or so, Millard signed a lease for space at the Waterloo airport. They started building a hangar in the spring of 2011, he says. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
"They hired a construction company to build the hangar," Wood says. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 34s34 seconds ago
He says the hangar went up "quite quick" -- a very large hangar that was constructed within nine months or so. #Millard

A bit of interesting background re defense expert, Liam Hendrikse:

Gun experts continue testimony in libel case

The article had caused a stir in the firearms analyst world and Hendrikse, who works near Toronto, Canada, was getting worried that lawyers wouldn’t hire him on their cases because of his quotes in the story. In addition to saying that ballistics analysis is fallible, he was also quoted questioning the forensics analysis done by SBI agent Beth Desmond in a 2006 murder trial in Pitt County.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member