Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 28s28 seconds ago
"You must concede that if there was any contamination of the scene, it would affect your opinion, fair?" Pillay asks. "If there as any contamination of the circumstances surrounding Mr. Millard's head [and arms] ... yes," Sutherland responds. #MIllard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 39s40 seconds ago
"Your opinion rests on an uncontaminated scene, right?" Pillay asks. Sutherland says it rests on the scene photography, where "no discernible movement" had taken place. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
"I had no reason to believe there was contamination of the scene, based on the study of the photos," Sutherland says. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 44s45 seconds ago
Pillay says Sutherland assumed the dark mark on Millard's pillow was discharged from the gun. "It's not like you did any chemical testing of that pillow, right?' Pillay asks. Sutherland says that's correct. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 16s17 seconds ago
"No chemical testing to my understanding was done on this pillow," Sutherland says. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
"You know a proper examination is to take that pillow, go to the Centre of Forensic Sciences and conduct an examination, correct?" Pillay asks. "Depending on the circumstances, if it's warranted, yes," Sutherland responds. #Millard

Sutherland says he doesn't know the chemical composition of the line on the pillow, but he can see that the line is there, and exists. #Millard

Sutherland says he doesn't know if any chemical testing was ever done on Wayne Millard's hands, looking for gunshot residue. Sutherland says it "was observed." #Millard

I have a question? I have never shot a gun, so has anyone shot a gun.? Is there any circumstance that you would shoot a gun and have no gsr on your hand? I know if you were wearing gloves you would not but if you were not wearing gloves.?

I can’t answer your questions but I have another. Was WM’s left hand ever tested for the presence of GSR or were the areas of “sooty” black marks obvious in the photos later believed to be the only locations of GSR? Because I was under the impression GSR is not always quite so visible, depending on the quantity and I’d assume that’s not always equal.

ETA: oh I just noticed above, if the reconstuctionist doesn’t know the answer, then odds are it must be a “no”.

I have a question? I have never shot a gun, so has anyone shot a gun.? Is there any circumstance that you would shoot a gun and have no gsr on your hand? I know if you were wearing gloves you would not but if you were not wearing gloves.?

I’m not an expert but I don’t think it’s possible unless WM had a glove on. From a quick search, GSR can travel 2-5 feet. The trigger is close to the cartridge cylinder, so I find it quite highly that there would have been GSR on WM left hand.

JMO

Seriously, not even the best of crime fiction writers could ever think a character like DM, so pathetically incompetent in everything except spending money that he never earned, would be a believable serial killer.

As I read AC's T feed today, my jaw fell open when the witness said there was no GSR on WM's left hand. Whaaaattt? We've got a coroner, a pathologist, Detectives and no one thought that it was just a tad bit weird that WM's left hand aka the hand not tucked under his pillow aka the only hand that could have held a gun, didn't have GSR on it? Detective S is employed by TPS but wasn't brought onto the case until August/14?

IMHO, some heads should roll at TPS over this. The committee that decided there should be no further investigation should be investigated itself. Since when does LE just write off a gun shot death as a suicide because the son and ex-wife claim that the victim was an alcoholic and depressed?

IMHO, it doesn't matter at this point that DM will be locked up for life and never see a cent of his inheritance. What does matter is that a committee determined that based on info from someone who had the most to gain from the death, no further investigation was needed and as a result of their direction, DM went on to murder TB. How stupid and naive could this group of people be? Actually, I find it disgusting and they should have their butts sued off. There should be an inquiry into this. MOO

I bolded part of your comment to note that from personal experience I can say that it clearly does happen. My uncle was found dead from a 12 gauge shotgun wound to the chest in Hamilton back in Sept. 1993. He was divorced, known to drink too much, was precariously employed, lived in a crappy apartment and had intermittently throughout his adult years been depressed.

The shotgun was found laying on its' side beside his body.....no mechanism had been rigged up for the trigger to be pulled....there is no way, no how that my uncle shot himself. It was a physical impossibility not to mention where the gun was found. At the time he was dating a woman who was blood related to an Italian Hamilton mob family....long awful story....but the point is....despite my cousins and uncles and aunts pleading with LE to investigate, that there was no way he committed suicide, they wouldn't reopen the case and it was ruled a suicide. This may also have had to do with him dating someone linked to the mob but clearly there are times that despite overt and obvious evidence that a homicide not a suicide has occurred....they will refuse to investigate.

"You agree with me that there's no ruler in the scene photography? You know that putting a ruler in photography is important correct?" Pillay asks "For the scaling of evidence, yes," Sutherland responds. #Millard

"Without a ruler you have no accurate information on the size of many of the objects in the scene, correct?" Pillay says. Sutherland says there are "points of reference" but no "numerical measurements." #Millard

Sutherland agrees he has no "numerical measurement" to how big the soot line on Millard's pillow is. "You don't know how big it is at all," Pillay says. #Millard

I think they will be providing a defence. I can't see how they can just let all this information, a lot of it in agreed statement of facts with no opportunity to cross or suggest alternatives, stand uncontested.

MOO
Don't forget that if DM chooses to provide a defence for himself, it opens him and his witnesses up to scrutinization, and means they will be first in giving closing statements, which is not ideal. If RP believes the Crown has not proven its case beyond a reasonable doubt, he may believe therefore there is no need to put up a defence. In a jury trial, that worked against him, but in this judge-only trial, it may serve him well?

Reading an old article, "In October of 2012, after Millard’s licence was suspended, Hagerman became his driver."

So my question is how long was it suspended and didn't LE ask for his driver's license when they took him in for the interview? That would have raised a question of just how he was getting back and forth to Waterloo and to his friend's house. Wayward son

This is an example of AC’s adding and taking by away things in his live blog. I normally read his posts a few times now so I don’t miss stuff now and get frustrated when he deletes stuff and I can’t find it again lol

Jun 15 2018 10:39 AM
Wood says the way to get the "maximum return on investment" would have been to sell the business with the hangar, staff and MRO certificate intact. "As time went on, it became more and more obvious that this hangar was not going to be used in the way that it was intended to be used," he says. Wood says he started getting frustrated about this, as the airport was expecting jobs and development out of this MRO.
Adam Carter
There are at least 3 different mediums that AC is posting to: his twitter, his liveblog, and his mobile liveblog.. and I truly believe that all 3 are not identical all the time, although I have NO idea why not, or how he chooses which snippets to include or exclude on certain ones? That's gotta be a logistical nightmare? But I too have noticed this, and I generally stick with just the liveblog (not in mobile format because I feel like it has missed things sometimes, which the liveblog had on it).

There are at least 3 different mediums that AC is posting to: his twitter, his liveblog, and his mobile liveblog.. and I truly believe that all 3 are not identical all the time, although I have NO idea why not, or how he chooses which snippets to include or exclude on certain ones? That's gotta be a logistical nightmare? But I too have noticed this, and I generally stick with just the liveblog (not in mobile format because I feel like it has missed things sometimes, which the liveblog had on it).

I follow his live blog and when I’m reading, it’ll refresh on me. That’s AC making corrections, adding or deleting...so I just figured out the other day lol

I just sat in on the entire testimony and cross of the first witness this morning. I don't have time to post much more right now but will later today.
Fantastic! Can't wait to see your full report later mozzagirl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties