Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For all we know, MB could have been receiving tens of thousands per month in alimony? That $5000/month was only what we know about so far as after WM's death, being paid out to her by MillardAir, via the new President of the company, her dearly beloved son. jmo

I thought the 5,000 per month was some sort of salary from the business. Does anyone have a link saying that this alimony? I keep seeing that and feel like I missed something.

"He (Michalski) doesn’t believe the main impetus for Millard’s underhanded dealings was poor cash flow.

Michalski maintains that for the most part, Millard stole “for the thrill of it.”

Wayward son

Might as well put this case to rest and say, "Millard stole AND killed for the trill of it." Period.

It’s becoming very confusing, what is what.

One of the obstacles in this case began with the first responders who didn’t notice the gun or the bullet wound to the eye and deduced that WM died by hemorrhaging of the throat, apparently a fatal side effect of alcoholism. Then the bag/gun was found and moved prior to the photographs being taken however nobody admits to having moved it. How can anyone say the body position wasn’t disturbed as well?

I’m back on the fence. Although I think DM is probably guilty, the Crown has the legal obligation of proving within reasonable doubt that he’s the person who committed the murder of his father. Midway through the trial, amongst the prosecution’s final witnesses the possibility of suicide still is being argued, that’s not really a good sign imo.
A big part (imho) was the cab ride.. but if as Claroon has dug up just above, if this was at the same time that DM did not have a valid drivers license, that would be a reason for calling a cab.

I thought the 5,000 per month was some sort of salary from the business. Does anyone have a link saying that this alimony? I keep seeing that and feel like I missed something.

It did put it as she was the only one left on payroll. Now, some crooked business people would do that--pay out of their business funds instead of personal so it looks like some type of business expense which I doubt is legal.

Yes, that is what I posted above, it has nothing to do with alimony. It is monies being paid out to her by the business, by her dear son. For services rendered? Who knows?

I'm just not seeing a slam dunk case here unfortunately. This one, despite what some media outlets reported about the cost of another trial, he's already been convicted, etc; was very important to win as it would have nullified DM from inheriting his fathers estate, or what's left of it. If he's found not guilty, which I have a sneaking suspicion he just might be he's going to inherit that estate!

Yes and what’s left of WMs estate, if much of anything, isn’t known. WM reportedly mortgaged the Maple Gate home in order to inject cash into the business as well. This article was printed Oct, 2016.

“.......But the court documents show that through some legal maneuvering Millard – with the help of his mother who has power of attorney over his assets -- was able get $75,000 cash from Wayne Millard’s estate in exchange for a loan of $75,000 owed to Millard by the now-defunct family business.

(The business owes Millard a total of $3,979,538.54 in return for Millard selling off or re-financing his own properties to pay off a bank loan but, the documents note, given that the business is no longer operational that money is unlikely to be repaid.)......”
Dellen Millard’s tangled financial web | The Star

I'm just not seeing a slam dunk case here unfortunately. This one, despite what some media outlets reported about the cost of another trial, he's already been convicted, etc; was very important to win as it would have nullified DM from inheriting his fathers estate, or what's left of it. If he's found not guilty, which I have a sneaking suspicion he just might be he's going to inherit that estate!

We really don't know what has been submitted in the ASOF that have been entered periodically. We know there are the cell phone pings to a phone other than his main one, calls to 2 different cab companies and possibly records from them, a visa statement showing the pizza order and a statement from the housekeeper that the Crown felt was important. I'm sure there are other examples of solid evidence.

We know that nothing at the scene was handled properly, so does the judge. If it had been deemed a homicide then and the scene processed properly, we wouldn't be here almost 6 years later trying to rectify a wrong. Photos were taken. No one at the scene has admitted to touching or moving anything at the scene other than the bag with the gun in it. And perhaps that left hand checking for a pulse? I believe it was stated for the first time today that the hand had been moved? But would that erase all traces of GSR? Is the defence going to bring in all the other people who were supposedly at the scene but did not testify for the Crown to tell a different story? Hard to say.

I don't think this is about whether or not DM collects his inheritance. He's got a multi million dollar civil suit still pending against him. So does MB. It's about justice for WM. He deserves it after all this time.

MOO

No one at the scene has admitted to touching or moving anything at the scene other than the bag with the gun in it. And perhaps that left hand checking for a pulse? I believe it was stated for the first time today that the hand had been moved? But would that erase all traces of GSR?

MOO
Probably won't happen, but what if DM himself were to testify that he touched/ moved his father's body - to check whether he was really deceased, only - before he called his mother & the police, but didn't want to admit that originally. It could cast doubt on Sutherland's reconstruction of the posture of the body and the likelihood he shot himself. Reasonable doubt, maybe?

If you do the physical mechanics, it's super awkward, the positioning of his hand.. and the coroner said he thought he pulled the trigger with his thumb, because his thumb was in a certain position. Then if you do the physical mechanics, and think that he was using his thumb to pull the trigger, to me, it makes it even that much MORE awkward, and then on top of THAT, if with the thumb, then how'd the gun fall out of his hand, and why was his thumb still curled and not limp, and NOW we hear that the hand was palm up, but that it had been moved.. so originally the hand was palm down?? doesn't that mean it is even MORE unlikely (about the position of his hand/arm as the shooter)?

Yes, IMO that's a key point. The fact that the only way he could have shot himself from the position he was laying and with the bullet ending up where it did, according to how he was found and the reconstructionist's tests, was in an extremely awkward position and with an extremely awkward manipulation of the gun makes it extremely unbelievable that he did it. While it is a *possible* shot, would someone committing suicide not just want to do it quickly in an easy and convenient way, and a way that would definitely get the job done? Why would you contort yourself into an uncomfortable position? Especially one in which you might not have the best control/manipulation of the gun and potentially botch the shot? Also, WM was presumably comfortable and familiar with guns (seeing as he used to own several, including handguns), so there would be no reason for him not to know how to handle it.

For all we know, MB could have been receiving tens of thousands per month in alimony? That $5000/month was only what we know about so far as after WM's death, being paid out to her by MillardAir, via the new President of the company, her dearly beloved son. jmo

I’ve searched but was unable to find any records indicating MB has been receiving $5000 every month from MillardAir. Do you recall the source of this information?

ETA: the link just above from 2016 refers to “the now-defunct family business”.

Midway through the trial, amongst the prosecution’s final witnesses the possibility of suicide still is being argued, that’s not really a good sign imo.

Well it's only being argued by the defence. Which makes perfect sense. They certainly are not going to concede to it being anything other than suicide. Looks like they've put all their eggs in that basket.

MOO

We really don't know what has been submitted in the ASOF that have been entered periodically. We know there are the cell phone pings to a phone other than his main one, calls to 2 different cab companies and possibly records from them, a visa statement showing the pizza order and a statement from the housekeeper that the Crown felt was important. I'm sure there are other examples of solid evidence.

We know that nothing at the scene was handled properly, so does the judge. If it had been deemed a homicide then and the scene processed properly, we wouldn't be here almost 6 years later trying to rectify a wrong. Photos were taken. No one at the scene has admitted to touching or moving anything at the scene other than the bag with the gun in it. And perhaps that left hand checking for a pulse? I believe it was stated for the first time today that the hand had been moved? But would that erase all traces of GSR? Is the defence going to bring in all the other people who were supposedly at the scene but did not testify for the Crown to tell a different story? Hard to say.

I don't think this is about whether or not DM collects his inheritance. He's got a multi million dollar civil suit still pending against him. So does MB. It's about justice for WM. He deserves it after all this time.

MOO

Were we not privy to all ASOF information as it became available?

Actually, IMO $5,000 a month isn't that generous. There would be no financial benefit to her IMO of his death.

Sadly, there are a lot of people in this country who have to work very hard and aren't fortunate enough to even make $60k/yr. Rabbit literally could sit in her burrow all day, every day and keep collecting that money.

Without knowing further details of her finances, one could speculate her son would take care of her with his new found wealth. I believe there was some talk before about her selling and building a house on his farm.

MOO
Justice at this point would be to keep his paws off of his father's estate. He's already incarcerated for life. jmo.

I’ve searched but was unable to find any records indicating MB has been receiving $5000 every month from MillardAir. Do you recall the source of this information?

I think just above, Claroon posted something about MB being the only 'employee' left on the MillardAir payroll?
ETA If necessary, I will go into my files to see if the bookkeeper also didn't make mention of MB in regard to the finances of MillardAir.

Probably won't happen, but what if DM himself were to testify that he touched/ moved his father's body - to check whether he was really deceased, only - before he called his mother & the police, but didn't want to admit that originally. It could cast doubt on Sutherland's reconstruction of the posture of the body and the likelihood he shot himself. Reasonable doubt, maybe?

DM also said MB was in the home alone for somewhere between 5 and 10 minutes before emergency response arrived.

It did put it as she was the only one left on payroll. Now, some crooked business people would do that--pay out of their business funds instead of personal so it looks like some type of business expense which I doubt is legal.

Just curious, do you recall the source of this information and was it recent?

Not sure if you are questioning whether MB continues to get that money today, or had been receiving it? In 2016, Lisa the bookkeeper testified that MB was still getting paid as at that time.

Bosma trial: Millardair bookkeeper says money was “very tight”

The hangar was sold in April 2015, she told the jury, and the only person left on the payroll is Madeleine Burns (Millard's mother) who is paid $5,000 gross per month. There's no physical space left for any business to be done, she said.

Justice at this point would be to keep his paws off of his father's estate. He's already incarcerated for life. jmo.

IMO it wouldn’t be a bad thing if he inherited whatever is left of WMs estate and then the pending civil suits against him are successful, leaving not a cent to his name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member