Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 17s18 seconds ago
Sutherland says the reproducibility refers to the concept that someone else could review what he did, and replicate things on their own. Pillay suggests the onus was on Sutherland himself, to ensure that what was happening here wasn't "one-offs." #Millard

This is interesting. RP is being pretty thorough, IMO, in showing all the ways that the testing wasn't perfect. Is he still going to try and get this whole witness testimony ruled inadmissible?

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 41s42 seconds ago
Pillay now suggesting that Sutherland did no testing for seeing how far discharge from the cylinder gap would travel. "That wasn't the purpose of the testing," Sutherland says. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 46s46 seconds ago
Pillay now pointing to the fact that Sutherland didn't know what the pillowcases from the scene were made of. Sutherland says the way gunshot residue hits the pillow would be similar regardless of the fabric type. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 39s39 seconds ago
Sutherland had to buy a different kind of pillowcase for his tests. #Millard

This is interesting. RP is being pretty thorough, IMO, in showing all the ways that the testing wasn't perfect. Is he still going to try and get this whole witness testimony ruled inadmissible?
Not inadmissible, but essentially render it useless. RP has done his job with this trial.. Reasonable doubt all over the place..

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
Pillay is now saying the pillow from the scene was curved. He suggests because of that, it's difficult to know what it would look like if laid out flat. "You can't figure that out from the photograph, I'll suggest," Pillay says. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 21s21 seconds ago
Pillay now suggesting the impression left on the pillow could have been different depending on which side the gun was resting. Sutherland says he doesn't believe that's the case. #Millard

This is an example of AC’s adding and taking by away things in his live blog. I normally read his posts a few times now so I don’t miss stuff now and get frustrated when he deletes stuff and I can’t find it again lol

Jun 15 2018 10:39 AM
Wood says the way to get the "maximum return on investment" would have been to sell the business with the hangar, staff and MRO certificate intact. "As time went on, it became more and more obvious that this hangar was not going to be used in the way that it was intended to be used," he says. Wood says he started getting frustrated about this, as the airport was expecting jobs and development out of this MRO.
Adam Carter

I didn’t realize he added and removed stuff. I thought I was just losing it o_O

Not inadmissible, but essentially render it useless. RP has done his job with this trial.. Reasonable doubt all over the place..
I'm not that quick to say RP has done a good job on the reasonable doubt side of things. IMHO, there's enough evidence out there already to make a Judge raise their eyebrows. There's the lack of GSR on the trigger hand, DM's movements that night, cell phone tracking. RP has just done a very good job with what he has. IMO, DM is still going to be found guilty.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
Pillay is now saying the pillow from the scene was curved. He suggests because of that, it's difficult to know what it would look like if laid out flat. "You can't figure that out from the photograph, I'll suggest," Pillay says. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 21s21 seconds ago
Pillay now suggesting the impression left on the pillow could have been different depending on which side the gun was resting. Sutherland says he doesn't believe that's the case. #Millard
Well that's new info...the gun was resting on the pillow??

The expert got consistent results confirming the theory of the gun orientation every shot he made. In other words, he changed orientation of the gun, made a shot, looked at the pattern. As I read, the patterns were not confusing. They would depend on the gun orientation. His conclusion was that the pattern formed on the pillow was formed by the gun orientation not suitable for a suicide.

I'm not that quick to say RP has done a good job on the reasonable doubt side of things. IMHO, there's enough evidence out there already to make a Judge raise their eyebrows. There's the lack of GSR on the trigger hand, DM's movements that night, cell phone tracking. RP has just done a very good job with what he has. IMO, DM is still going to be found guilty.

I hope you're right, but enough evidence to make the Judge raise her eyebrow isn't necessarily enough to make her absolutely sure, beyond a reasonable doubt, that (1) it was not suicide and someone else shot WM and (2) that someone was DM.

Don't forget lack of victim fingerprints or DNA on the gun. Oh well other than the DNA of the guy who bought the gun illegally. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat