Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is the photo of WM's office? I know it was in one of the collections.

I was thinking, maybe DM and accomplice brought pillow in to muffle sound, shot WM at his desk and wheeled him in the computer chair (one with pink towel on it) into the bedroom and laid him in bed. I want to see if it is the same chair.

Just seems too random to shoot him in the position he ended up in. IMO

(Sorry for 3 in a row)

Not sure what he's holding here, but it is also with his right hand:

Video: Accused Dellen Millard flying helicopter at age 14 - 680 NEWS

593482582001_2379114031001_video-still-for-video-2379155810001.jpg

He is holding it but certainly not using it. It was a posed pic......DM didn't have any aviation mechanical skills of note......Even if he was doing anything with the wrench, it is how I would hold something in my non-dominant hand while I'm not using it so I could use my dominant hand to turn, move, manipulate something.

That's FAIR ;) Am still looking, but so far can't find any pics of him doing anything with his left hand.

I will suggest to you my last few comments seem like I don't want to help DM in any way...but shrug. Seems fair to me. I like to imagine WM's hand placement was a bone of contention with DM before 911 was called.

FWIW, just a personal note here ... I am ambidextrous (but early on was termed left handed because I write with my left hand). I do pretty much all else with my right hand. In tennis, I don't have a backhand (I have a left and right forehand). I most definitely hold and shoot a gun with my right hand and would not be able to use my left hand to do so.

Totally understand. I too am left hand dominant but do many things competently with my right hand. I throw a ball left, bat right or left, tennis and badminton both, swing a golf club right, iron left, and by most tests to determine hand dominance, I'm a leftie. I drive a standard transmission and when in Britain have no problem driving a standard there too. I think many lefties, as we live in a world designed for righties, become skilled with both.

Not inadmissible, but essentially render it useless. RP has done his job with this trial.. Reasonable doubt all over the place..
Except, if you consider the totality of the evidence - especially DM's behaviour in the days following the death, the cab rides, the cell phone, the fact that WM seemed to be in a better frame of mind during the weeks preceding his death - it's just one more piece of the puzzle. This to me is similar to the issue of whether the pictures in Babcock truly demonstrated that she had been killed and the body incinerated.

Income tax is required to be paid on monthly alimony payments, the same rate as employment income, total $60k a year after tax leaves about $45k to my estimation. That’s not a whole lot considering Canada’s high cost of living.
Assuming MB was submitting tax returns, she could also have been deducting business losses from Millardair.

For those who get easily bored, please scroll on ;)

Just because DM is seen taking notes with his left hand does not necessarily mean that much.

DM consistently carries his beloved satchel in what appears to be easily accessed from his right side.

So how accurate is this artist rendering from the Bosma murder trial:

Dellen Millard, Mark Smich both appealing murder convictions

image.jpg

Dellen Millard, left, and Mark Smich during their trial for the murder of Tim Bosma as members of Bosma's family look on at John Sopinka Courthouse in Hamilton, Ont. on Thursday, Feb. 18, 2016. (John Mantha / CTV News)

Last edited:
Assuming MB was submitting tax returns, she could also have been deducting business losses from Millardair.

In my realm of experience, I can’t think of any CRA personal tax deduction related to business losses that would apply in this situation considering she wasn’t a shareholder and didnt appear to have invested money in the business. What type of eligible Millardair business loss deductions were you thinking of?

I’m having trouble with orientation of the gun. DM and WM were both left handed. I’m not sure how either of them could have shot the gun in the orientation the reconstructionist is suggesting. I posted a link with the video, imagine DM shooting WM with his left hand in that position...

Also, since the reconstructionist did his firing using his right hand. Would that in itself change the soot pattern?

Crime scene reconstructionist tells trial he doesn't believe Wayne Millard shot himself | CBC News

Agreed.

With this new forum I give up trying to post a picture of the reconstruction done by Sutherland. I had it diagrammed out nicely.

Looking at the CBC video we can see Waynes right hand under his head .... perfect for there to be gunpowder residue on Wayne's Right hand .... as well as residue on the pillow .... all pretty straightforward .... but Sutherland is holding the gun in his right hand and in a manner which would be awkward for Dellen (if Dellen is left-handed.)

A lefty would position himself with his back sorta toward the head , look under his left arm (to see where he was aiming), revolver would be upside down , but easily fired from that position.

TRIVIA : .... a helicopter pilot always has his right hand on the cyclic stick in front of him (whether he is left handed or not)
..... (If Wayne) shot himself (unlikely) he would have used his left hand (awkward) and his thumb to pull the trigger (very awkward)
.... besides , triggers and trigger guards are designed to fit the small index finger .... Most mens thumbs would never fit in the small opening .... and trying to force it in would move the trigger back , causing the gun to fire before ready.

The crown case disappoints me , they should have covered all this stuff. If DM gets off we cannot blame the judge. Blame the prosecution and re-constructionist.

For those who get easily bored, please scroll on ;)

Just because DM is seen taking notes with his left hand does not necessarily mean that much.

DM consistently carries his beloved satchel in what appears to be easily accessed from his right side.

So how accurate is this artist rendering from the Bosma murder trial:

Dellen Millard, Mark Smich both appealing murder convictions

image.jpg

Dellen Millard, left, and Mark Smich during their trial for the murder of Tim Bosma as members of Bosma's family look on at John Sopinka Courthouse in Hamilton, Ont. on Thursday, Feb. 18, 2016. (John Mantha / CTV News)

Hmmm.....but I can't help but think that if he is a leftie then it makes sense (or speaks more to left hand dominance) that the bag does rest on his right hip. To clarify, that's what you mean? The bag rests at his right hip? Only speaking from leftie experience but I always carry a purse on my right shoulder, leaving my dominant left hand free to remove things from it. Likewise, when I wear a bag across my body, the strap may rest on my left shoulder but the bag itself sits at my right hip for the same reason....to use my left hand to access things.

Last edited by a moderator:
This testimony is from the first officer on the scene, paramedics had already arrived by the time he arrived. The call was a 911 call, so I believe that ambulance, police and fire are all sent out on a call at the same time? Can someone verify?

When you dial 9-1-1, you're asked if you're looking for police, fire or ambulance, and your call is routed accordingly. In some areas, it's the police that act as that central answering hub; in other areas, it's a non-emergency service centre that just routes the call to one of the 3 emergency services.

This could have played out 1 of 2 ways:

1 - Police received report of a deceased party, and their 9-1-1 caller did not remain on the line. In that case, Police dispatch would have notified Ambulance dispatch to have an ambulance respond.

2 - (and what I think is the more likely of the 2) 9-1-1 caller remains on the line, determined that someone is deceased. Call is routed directly to Ambulance dispatch. The provincial time standard is to notify an allied agency (Fire) within 60 seconds of recognizing that the call type meets the local tiering agreement. These agreements are local and not province-wide; so, in example, some EMS service areas have the FD respond for someone having chest pain, where as another service may not deem that a tierable response, and the FD would not go.

Police don't always respond immediately. It is based on priority and availability of area units.
While reports of a dead person are a top-tier response for EMS (and FD, where tierable), there are other calls that would trump it for Police, which may explain why they arrived behind them.

Hmmm.....but I can't help but think that if he is a leftie then it makes sense (or speaks more to left hand dominance) that the bag does rest on his right hip. To clarify, that's what you mean? The bag rests at his right hip? Only speaking from leftie experience but I always carry a purse on my right shoulder, leaving my dominant left hand free to remove things from it. Likewise, when I wear a bag across my body, the strap may rest on my left shoulder but the bag itself sits at my right hip for the same reason....to use my left hand to access things.

<modsnip: fixed it :)>

Last edited by a moderator:
Pillay is zooming in on a part of the pillow. There's blood soaked into it. Pillay suggests it could have been around the head and hands of Millard when he was shot -- and that could have acted as an "edged surface" to create the gunshot residue line we see on Millard's pillow. Pillay now asking where his notes are about this in his report. "So the evidence doesn't matter to you, right?" Pillay asks. "That's not true at all," Sutherland responds, very earnestly.
by Adam Carter 4:14 PM

"You're supposed to be fair, you're supposed to be impartial. Why wouldn't you note this?" Pillay asks.
by Adam Carter 4:16 PM

Pillay is now saying Sutherland doesn't know if there's any gunshot residue on the edge of the blanket, where the blood is seen. Sutherland says that's correct.
by Adam Carter 4:17 PM

Is Pillay actually suggesting that WM may have been shot while his hands were tucked under a blanket?!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member