Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks SillyBilly, that’s what/who I was talking about. Looked all morning for it.

I don’t believe we’ve heard anything Different from Theresa B about guns missing. I’m sure this would have been proven in MJW’s arms case If the S&W gun was stolen.

Well we know that it was an illegal gun in Canada so what was she doing with it? She sold it for $100 so didn't know much about value of guns. It was sold through 2 others before reaching MWJ.

I think men in general are different in regard to sharing deep personal confidences with their male friends, at least that's what I have learned over time. And so many people in general, only speak to their friends of the good things about their kids (and maybe don't even register when they see flags of bad?).. not sure if he even would have expressed fears to someone, even if he had someone close (who, at the time, he did have JC - they talked for hours at that time and had been talking since January)..

I do find it interesting that he turned in his guns when he did, and wonder if it was only because of the program in effect at that time, or is that due to having seen a red flag(s) in his son? Did he have reason to fear having guns in the house? DM would've been 25 at that time. (It seems that DM didn't take the definite turn toward criminality until 2011 though, apparently?)

DM's true criminal behaviour may not have been fully formed until around 2011 (although I think we heard in TB's trial that he was doing "missions" in 2009), the article below talks about him shooting *advertiser censored* in Millardair aircrafts back in 2005....he was only 19/20. While making *advertiser censored* isn't criminal, it may speak to aberrant or deviant behaviour....That is a moral rather than a legal position I suppose and is up for debate. I feel pretty confident though suggesting that it lies outside the realm of what might be considered "normal" behaviour for a 19/20 year old.

Dellen, born in 1985, exhibited the family aptitude for aviation early, setting a record on his 14th birthday as the youngest person to fly solo in an airplane and a helicopter on the same day. But by age 19, he seems to have been more interested in using Millardair planes as props for *advertiser censored* shoots. The adult website Suicide Girls credits Dellen Millard as the photographer for a 2005 photo spread entitled Cockpit. It features a model named Josie naked inside an aircraft, explaining “her first official act as captain was to make the DC-4 a clothing-strictly-prohibited aircraft.”

Tim Bosma murder suspect, Dellen Millard made surprising decision to dismantle family business

JC Even says it was through the gun Amnesty.

May 31 2018 10:53 AM
Campbell says Wayne Millard had two guns, and he asked Toronto police to pick them up during a gun amnesty in the past. She never saw him with a gun.
Adam Carter

Thanks for posting that. How would she know how many guns he had? Strange topic of conversation for a newly reunited couple.

I find the whole topic of guns disturbing. They seem to be so easily obtainable amongst these people. DM said there were 5, I think, that were given by WM to the friend plus two handed in, plus the rifle behind the dresser, plus the S&W, plus the ones that were allegedly stolen from Maple Gate, plus the ones that MS admitted as "a number and of different calibres.
Yet in February 2012 DM was desperately trying to get hold of one.

Do you have a copy of the article? There are many on google and would be hard to find. I remember it saying MB and Wayne , because it was describing the parents. IT is 2 years ago since I read the article, but I was sure I read it said MB and Wayne.

The below quote is BBM and taken from the National Post article I've provided a link for.
Whether Wayne knew what Dellen was up to is anybody’s guess. By that time, he and Madeleine had split and, according to Steve Glass, the brother of Wayne’s girlfriend at the time, Elizabeth Glass, Wayne didn’t use computers or email. Mr. Glass, 65, who lived in Maine and occasionally visited his sister in Toronto, said the couple liked to spend afternoons sitting around Wayne’s house drinking. “Every time I met him, they were well into the booze,” he said, adding that he believed Wayne genuinely cared for his sister, who died in 2009.

http://nationalpost.com/news/millar...-bosma-murder-suspect-started-to-dismantle-it

Tim Bosma murder suspect, Dellen Millard made surprising decision to dismantle family business
Whether Wayne knew what Dellen was up to is anybody’s guess. By that time, he and Madeleine had split and, according to Steve Glass, the brother of Wayne’s girlfriend at the time, Elizabeth Glass, Wayne didn’t use computers or email. Mr. Glass, 65, who lived in Maine and occasionally visited his sister in Toronto, said the couple liked to spend afternoons sitting around Wayne’s house drinking. “Every time I met him, they were well into the booze,” he said, adding that he believed Wayne genuinely cared for his sister, who died in 2009.

IMO, being well into the booze in the afternoon, witnessed by someone who visits "occasionally" doesn't necessarily categorize those drinkers as alcoholics. I know lots of folks who have afternoon tippling on the patio when they have company and consider it a form of entertaining. Doesn't mean they're drinking themselves into oblivion night and day 24/7. Some people can drink and hold their booze and not be classified as alcoholics. It doesn't sound as if Wayne was unable to get out of bed in the mornings or unable to live up to his responsibilities with Millardair.

Last edited:
Having cut and past issues now :mad:

Finn, civilian officer picked up the guns. Day 6 of the trial.
Was was called “Project Safe City” kind of a gun Amnesty program. He said.

So I’m going to say, DM just made a mistake if he said Registration program.

People with illegal guns had the option to keep them if they complied with the Firearms Act, which would obviously involve registration.

In crimes involving gangs usually they kill each other over drugs , turf etc.
In cases like DM he preyed on the public by using the internet to find someone for a thrill kill. It could have been anyone that at that moment had something he wanted. a car , a boat, who knows what.
The first man luck was on his side that they did not shoot him, it was pure luck.
DM and MS were dangerous to the public.

It remains shocking to me, despite the fact that 5 years have passed, that TB died for the sake of a truck. I would suggest though that IT survived his test drive with DM and MS not out of luck but because he was a physically large man with an intimidating life story about being in the Israeli military....JMOO.

IMO, being well into the booze in the afternoon, witnessed by someone who visits "occasionally" doesn't necessarily categorize those drinkers as alcoholics. I know lots of folks who have afternoon tippling on the patio when they have company and consider it a form of entertaining. Doesn't mean they're drinking themselves into oblivion night and day 24/7. Some people can drink and hold their booze and not be classified as alcoholics. It doesn't sound as if Wayne was unable to get out of bed in the mornings or live up to his responsibilities with Millardair.

I agree with you but I'm sure I have read that alcoholics can function normally and so their "problem" isn't recognised until it's too late. This is a whole debate on its own, about which I have no knowledge, but I would think that so long as an alcoholic could keep up their supply it would not be a cause of suicide. V. large generalisation, I know.

I don't know much about her, didn't she have cancer? But if the cancer hadn't killed her, I'm sure she would've been taken care of a different way.... although if the two of them were alcoholics, DM may not have seen her/them as such a threat.. it seems that when his dad started coming back to life, emotionally and physically, and when the MRO obtained the coveted certification, that things started being a real threat to DM. moo.

Respectfully, I think it's unfair to label them as "alcoholics". Although Elizabeth Glass's brother observed them in the afternoon drinking on a number of occasions, that doesn't translate into pathology. Lots of people enjoy alcohol responsibly in their downtime....JMO

IMO, being well into the booze in the afternoon, witnessed by someone who visits "occasionally" doesn't necessarily categorize those drinkers as alcoholics. I know lots of folks who have afternoon tippling on the patio when they have company and consider it a form of entertaining. Doesn't mean they're drinking themselves into oblivion night and day 24/7. Some people can drink and hold their booze and not be classified as alcoholics. It doesn't sound as if Wayne was unable to get out of bed in the mornings or live up to his responsibilities with Millardair.
Even though he liked to drink he achieved a lot , was a pilot, ran the business after his father died and from what the people that were witnesses that knew him re. business they spoke well of him.
At 71, of course, he would have some medical problems. Also living with DM in the house, doing drugs, having lunatics like MS and MM living there and probably helping themselves to food in the house, that must have been a big source of distress.
To also have his son tell him he was a failure and blamed him for problems with the business when he was a murderer and criminal and using company money to buy equipment to use as a way to get rid of bodies.
All I can say is I really hope that there will be justice for Wayne. The sad thing is who will be there if there if justice is served. Maybe the gf and some of his loyal employees.

It remains shocking to me, despite the fact that 5 years have passed, that TB died for the sake of a truck. I would suggest though that IT survived his test drive with DM and MS not out of luck but because he was a physically large man with an intimidating life story about being in the Israeli military....JMOO.

But didn't IT's test drive take place in daylight in a more populated area, so maybe it was just a trial run. It's interesting that at the TB trial the defence relied on DM having plenty of cash so didn't need to steal, but here we are seeing how tight money was 6 months before then and getting tighter. I find it difficult to understand when we consider what had happened in the 12 months before TB was killed how a diesel truck and still going to Baja were such priorities in DM's mind.

The only google hit I can come up with right now is "page not available", but the snippet shows enough:

I found this:

“In late spring of 2012, Mr. Nando LaRocca purchased a .32 calibre Smith and Wesson firearm from Miss Theresa Boisvert. This is the same .32 calibre Smith and Wesson that was later found at 5 Maple Gate Court in the fall of 2012. He paid $100 for it. On June 24, 2012, Mr. LaRocca sold this firearm to Mr. Matthew Odlum. He did so at the corner of Baby Point Rd. and Humbercrest Dr. in Toronto. When Mr. LaRocca sold the firearm to Mr. Odlum there was no ammunition in it.”

Opinion | Dellen Millard and Mark Smich choose not to testify at Laura Babcock murder trial

rsbm
Did he have reason to fear having guns in the house? DM would've been 25 at that time. (It seems that DM didn't take the definite turn toward criminality until 2011 though, apparently?)
bbm
Giving the guns back was Dec. 2, 2010.
Btw, it were several, one of them not registered/allowed (?).
I think, maybe Carl had perhaps already an extensive collection which Wayne would have inherited in 2006. IMO

Last edited by a moderator:

Given the comment of EGs brother, WM’s alcoholism wasn’t entirely a figment of fiction created by DM.

I also suspect the distancing situation involving MBs brother didn’t begin with DM’s behaviour.

Stastically the risk factor of death by suicide by alcoholics is very high, which could be why WMs death was written of as suicide very quickly. Indeed DM may have used that fact to his advantage.

According to JC's testimony, WM was very open (at least with her) about his problem with alcohol. She commented that it was something he was not proud of. Given that, it can't be suggested that DM was attempting to create a false narrative....about the ONLY time he wasn't creating a false narrative I might add....

But didn't IT's test drive take place in daylight in a more populated area, so maybe it was just a trial run. It's interesting that at the TB trial the defence relied on DM having plenty of cash so didn't need to steal, but here we are seeing how tight money was 6 months before then and getting tighter. I find it difficult to understand when we consider what had happened in the 12 months before TB was killed how a diesel truck and still going to Baja were such priorities in DM's mind.

Not that there’s any excuse for murder, I think there’s a lot of background that meshed together, culminating in tragedy. We’ve only heard about small fragments, bits and pieces.

As for money being tight, there was a tweet during this trial that said WM mortgaged his home to help finance the completion of the hanger. Risking the roof over ones head is the ultimate last resort for business owners. That for me was the true indication of how tight finances had become prior to WMs death, no future cash flow in sight.

After WMs death, then comes bizarre mission plotting mostly common to bored juveniles, resulting in the murder of TB. I do wonder if DM chose him as a symbolic victim, to destroy what DM was never able to attain - happiness. TB seemed the kind of guy who beamed with sincere pleasure about everything in his life.

IMO, being well into the booze in the afternoon, witnessed by someone who visits "occasionally" doesn't necessarily categorize those drinkers as alcoholics. I know lots of folks who have afternoon tippling on the patio when they have company and consider it a form of entertaining. Doesn't mean they're drinking themselves into oblivion night and day 24/7. Some people can drink and hold their booze and not be classified as alcoholics. It doesn't sound as if Wayne was unable to get out of bed in the mornings or unable to live up to his responsibilities with Millardair.
I thought of our summer time afternoon barbeques and had the exact same thought.

I found this:

“In late spring of 2012, Mr. Nando LaRocca purchased a .32 calibre Smith and Wesson firearm from Miss Theresa Boisvert. This is the same .32 calibre Smith and Wesson that was later found at 5 Maple Gate Court in the fall of 2012. He paid $100 for it. On June 24, 2012, Mr. LaRocca sold this firearm to Mr. Matthew Odlum. He did so at the corner of Baby Point Rd. and Humbercrest Dr. in Toronto. When Mr. LaRocca sold the firearm to Mr. Odlum there was no ammunition in it.”

Opinion | Dellen Millard and Mark Smich choose not to testify at Laura Babcock murder trial

If I recall, we tried to find I found on MissTheresa and came up empty?

We also have to remember that not everyone is smart about guns and laws. Some people have had guns handed down the family lines without thinking anything of it. After all, they are “collectors items” in some cases and when they pass on, the wives hang onto them till another family member takes them. There are many people that are not familiar with gun laws.

Not that there’s any excuse for murder, I think there’s a lot of background that meshed together, culminating in tragedy. We’ve only heard about small fragments, bits and pieces.

As for money being tight, there was a tweet during this trial that said WM mortgaged his home to help finance the completion of the hanger. Risking the roof over ones head is the ultimate last resort for business owners. That for me was the true indication of how tight finances had become prior to WMs death, no future cash flow in sight.

After WMs death, then comes bizarre mission plotting mostly common to bored juveniles, resulting in the murder of TB. I do wonder if DM chose him as a symbolic victim, to destroy what DM was never able to attain - happiness. TB seemed the kind of guy who beamed with sincere pleasure about everything in his life.

WM was also exciting/relieved about getting his $125,000 deposit back as well. Also Indicating how tight money was.

I’m thinking DM’s “shared” account was the business account. WM was said to have 10 million but had to remortgage houses and properties 5/6 million into the new hanger. Kind of makes ya wonder! It’s kind of hard to not know this information when you’re entering a business. That’s a huge mistake in funds!

Sorry, having brain cloud with the names.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member