We DO have Coyotes in Fla!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
very grainy video that could be anything. I dont doubt that coyotes do occasionally slip into developed areas, but they do not stay, they do not camp out in small wooded areas within busy nieghborhoods and near the ruccus of an elementary school and if one did perchance wander even into the area of Hopespring, what exactly would the odds be that it did so during the exact time period when little Caylee lay out there exposed like so much trash?

as always, just moo

BBM. not necessarily.

With an estimated 2,000 coyotes, Chicago is the biggest urban area covered by such a consultant, who tracks critters lounging under taxis, ambling through the Lincoln Park Zoo and strolling the boardwalk of Navy Pier, its top tourist site.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20060221/news_lz1n21readthi.html

Let Loose the Coyotes? Chicago Embraces Rat-Hunting Predators

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/d...yotes-chicago-embraces-rat-hunting-predators/

I live in a county of over 1 million in the Chicago area and I have seen coyotes in residential neighborhoods during the middle of the afternoon. In area's with the regular 50X150' lots.
Since they are fairly shy animals they just are not seen as often in residential area's. IIRC their usual range is appx a 5 mile radius so if there is enough of a wooded or open grassy area not far they are likely to be in the area.

Now, I have to wonder how many jurors know there are coyotes in Florida?

Next thing you know, coyotes chewed on the bones and buried them. :banghead:

This is a red herring. Who put the body there? How did it get from the "drowning" to that site? They have to come up with something, and I think it looks like KC put it there. It seems to me a guy would have taken it further inland, not left it feet from the road.

I agree this is a red herring. I was thinking more along the lines of how a single bone could be partially buried verus a coyote transporting the entire body/set of remains to the location site. I would think the jury likely thought along the same lines and wouldn't give a thought to an animal versus a person bringin the body the the location site.

very grainy video that could be anything. I dont doubt that coyotes do occasionally slip into developed areas, but they do not stay, they do not camp out in small wooded areas within busy nieghborhoods and near the ruccus of an elementary school and if one did perchance wander even into the area of Hopespring, what exactly would the odds be that it did so during the exact time period when little Caylee lay out there exposed like so much trash?

as always, just moo

The reason that I mentioned that my MIL lived near Kanapaha Gardens is because it is a very populated place during the day. It is a tourist attraction and they also have many organized field trips for school kids.

So, yes they do camp out in small spaces, my MIL's 7 acres is a small space considering a coyotes range. The Garden's also have birds etc, that are protected during the night because of the coyote problems. Despite living on a big parcel, it takes about 10 mins for her to get to Wal-Mart in the middle of town.

I do not agree one iota with the leaf lady. Caylee's remains were not disturbed by a coyote imo. My reasoning for bringing this up had nothing to do with her testimony though. I was just at the end of my rope concerning the "talk show's". Constant misinformation isn't doing anyone any favor's.

Take care, Robin

There are coyotes from Panama ( the country ) to northern Alaska. I think everyone finds it so funny because the conspiracy theory began dipping into the animal kingdom back when the dead squirrels climbed into ICA car and stunk it up. Then we progressed to the two cadaver dogs hitting on the same spots. Today we have coyotes in on it hiding evidence. The history of Wile E. Baez and Jeff "roadrunner" Ashton is to vast to cover in a single post.

Well color me surprised, I did not know that. I've lived in Orlando all my life and have never seen a coyote. I thought they would be found in north Florida. Learn something new everyday.

Thanks!

I am in agreement on the talking heads Robin, I too consider it a non issue, coyote, dog, as unlikely as I find them, makes no never mind to me, The evidence is what the evidence is.

Are you sure they aren't wolves? :kimsterwink:

We don't have grey wolves in Fla. ( they would more closely resemble a coyote in color ). We do have red wolves but unfortunately they are close to extinct here. So, if anybody see's a red wolf in Fla, they have been given a rare treat. I would love to see one.

BTW, I don't have an opinion about it, but there are some folks that blame the coyotes for the disapation of the red wolf.

The only carnivor that hurt Caylee was ICA. IMO

TC, Robin

I agree this is a red herring. I was thinking more along the lines of how a single bone could be partially buried verus a coyote transporting the entire body/set of remains to the location site. I would think the jury likely thought along the same lines and wouldn't give a thought to an animal versus a person bringin the body the the location site.

Seriously...can't believe we are discussing this. As if Caylee couldn't be more disrespected in her horrendous, untimely death.

Neither dogs or coyotes buried Caylee's bones. Tropical Storm Faye did that. Next JB will be claiming a dingo ate Casey's baby. It doesn't matter how trite or fake or false the claim he makes is...just anything or anyone to blame so long as Casey doesn't have to take responsibility. This has gone beyond surreal and I fear some of the jurors might actually buy into this BS.

There are coyotes on the Emerald Coast as well. Every so often there's an article in the newspaper about a family pet carried off by one. I did see a coyote dead on the side of the road once. Hit by a car. REMEMBER! Always look both ways!

Hey Cherry!! :seeya: I'm right down the road from you in Fort Walton Beach! :seeya:

As to the question at hand, yes coyotes are frequent visitors even to busy neighborhoods here in Florida. As are possums, foxes, raccoons, etc. And unfortuntately some or all of those animals could have gnawed on little Caylee's bones. But considering that the dump site seems to be an area prone to temporary flooding, and was known to be underwater for an extended area of time due to Faye, it stands to reason that since the bone in question was buried just in the normal ground and not in an animal burrow, it was buried due to floodwaters. And I suspect that the jurors are well-aware of that fact.

There are coyotes on the Emerald Coast as well. Every so often there's an article in the newspaper about a family pet carried off by one. I did see a coyote dead on the side of the road once. Hit by a car. REMEMBER! Always look both ways!

Cherry ~ I live right across the bay from you. :seeya: We have had numerous coyotes running through our neighborhood. So I know what you're saying is very true.

So, do we have coyotes? Yes!! But do I think that's why an innocent child's bone was buried 4" deep? Nope!! The coyote excuse was just a desperate attempt by a sweet but frustrated and outwitted botanist to save face.

Seriously...can't believe we are discussing this. As if Caylee couldn't be more disrespected in her horrendous, untimely death.

Huh? To discuss the evidence and information presented via MSM is disrespectful?
We do this in the UID forum everyday and remains are in fact found in various places, stages and condition. I'm unsure why discussing the information about how Caylee's remains were found and various theories or MSM info is disrespectful.

Sadly, how Caylees remains were found IS part of her story and to ignore it and the facts surrounding how she was found and what she possibly went through as a victim imo would be disrespectful.

Honestly, I've got to ding the SA for this and not Baez.

I agree for this reason...What if while in deliberations the jury wants to know why JA told them an untruth? Why is he insisting that there are no coyotes in Fla?

You have to remember that the jury is comprised of folks that live in Fla. Coyote sightings are not all that rare and I can't imagine that you could put 12 people together that aren't aware of coyotes.

While we know that coyotes had nothing to do with anything, the fact that JA told them something that they know is wrong..would make a reasonable person wonder what else he is lying about that we haven't caught?

I hope I am just making a bigger deal than it is and the coyote remark from JA was insignificant to them. :))

PS, Did I win the world record for my use of the word coyote in one post? :crazy:

TC, Robin

Huh? To discuss the evidence and information presented via MSM is disrespectful?
We do this in the UID forum everyday and remains are in fact found in various places, stages and condition. I'm unsure why discussing the information about how Caylee's remains were found and various theories or MSM info is disrespectful.

Sadly, how Caylees remains were found IS part of her story and to ignore it and the facts surrounding how she was found and what she possibly went through as a victim imo would be disrespectful.

Cubby, I can't speak for Pattymarie, but I think she was saying that what the witness was suggesting was disrespectful for little Caylee, not that we're discussing Dr Bock's statements. :)

Frankly, I just don't get it. It's really not very important one way or the other. Yes, a coyote could have buried the bone :wink:. Or a squirrel. Or a possum (I'm assuming you have them there), or a raccoon (again, assuming). So what? What difference does it make one way or the other? Even if it were true, it would hardly negate the findings of the CSI unit that collected the remains and the reports as to length of time the body was present. Just not an issue.

:cow:

ITA. This is why I have made a point to focus on the talking heads, Nancy, Jane, Drew..etc. It is one thing when those folks just spout off their conspriacy theory's and their opinions. It is another animal when they just completely ignore the truth and would rather come up with gems like " the coyote got your baby" as opposed to actually researching that garbage they are spewing.

I agree, at least I hope that this is a non issue in terms of the jury. But is certainly an issue when it comes to the bobbleheads that can't google or even worse, don't want to because it is more sensational if they can just ignore the truth.

Take care, Robin

There are coyotes from Panama ( the country ) to northern Alaska. I think everyone finds it so funny because the conspiracy theory began dipping into the animal kingdom back when the dead squirrels climbed into ICA car and stunk it up. Then we progressed to the two cadaver dogs hitting on the same spots. Today we have coyotes in on it hiding evidence. The history of Wile E. Baez and Jeff "roadrunner" Ashton is to vast to cover in a single post.

Expect to see Baez ask HHBP for a mistrial because there are too many dogs in this fight.

TC, Robin

Are there alot of them near Hopespring Dr, Orlando?

Orlando International Airport which is only several miles (4.6) from Suburban Drive has a family of coyotes living in the area. Coyotes are seen frequently running around the airport.

http://www.wftv.com/orangecounty/21667658/detail.html

Quoted from the Orlando Sentinel:http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/keyword/orlando-executive-airport/featured/2

Executive-airport officials trap coyotes

By Bianca Prieto, Sentinel Staff Writer, June 26, 2008
ORLANDO -- Orlando Executive Airport officials have trapped several coyotes that might be responsible for missing cats in the area. Some residents near the airport have reported missing cats recently, according to Orange County Animal Services.

I've lived in various parts of FL for 12 years and have NEVER seen a coyote... but I googled it and apparently there are coyotes in FL. We probably just never see them b/c they're sneaking around burying bones in wooded areas in the metro Orlando area.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back