We need help identifying this brand of shoes.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Came to check in. You guys are deep down some rabbit holes!! I was wondering if anyone else looked at Reebok? They have a Hexalite series that older models have an emblem that looks similar to the one in the photo. Thoughts?
1669904560719.png

So maybe it's not juvenile, but it's a woman's shoe we're looking for.

Jmo
I wish we could get clarification on the juvenile part. Was there other evidence that leads them to believe a juvenile person involved? They said they believe it to be a "juvenile subject" which sounds like they're talking about a person, not the shoe, doesn't it? Either way I don't think it narrows our search at all since many kids can wear adult sizes.

I wish we could get clarification on the juvenile part. Was there other evidence that leads them to believe a juvenile person involved? They said they believe it to be a "juvenile subject" which sounds like they're talking about a person, not the shoe, doesn't it? Either way I don't think it narrows our search at all since many kids can wear adult sizes.
Replying to myself in order to add original post with CCIRI saying "juvenile".
OK, a friend has had a reply from the CCIRI with some more info. They can't post right now.

The print is from months ago, so a current brand. It is the ball of the foot, believed to be a juvenile, the print was made in wet cement and they are very grateful for everyone looking because they have had zero luck.

View attachment 382210View attachment 382211

So the cement was drying quickly. I guess that's why only one print was good enough to make this image. One would think there would be other images at the site but I guess not of this quality and the detective had to as you said work quickly. So this is the only piece we have to work with.

Just to clarify, the cement wasn't wet. This was a wet footprint left on a garage floor, so the sole of the shoe was wet and that's why the print was disappearing quickly.

Came to check in. You guys are deep down some rabbit holes!! I was wondering if anyone else looked at Reebok? They have a Hexalite series that older models have an emblem that looks similar to the one in the photo. Thoughts?

Funny, I had this knockoff of that shoe in the "trefoil" section of my saved leads, but not the real one! Adding it to my notes.

1669940772939.png

I went down a DEEP rabbit hole yesterday of PONY branded shoes and knockoffs, considering the potential "PO" we're seeing (or hallucinating? haha) on the top of the image, as well as some similarity with their logo. The most interesting bits I came up with were:

1) They had a partnership with EA Sports, and the "CA" we're seeing *could* be EA. Also part of the logo vaguely resembles the EA Sports logo. The real shoe's sole is nowhere near a match, but a knockoff's might be.

6H-6I6rgHk7BCLSwzS5MglQg8LLQ83WbbIrSLQpK82NIfj2E6M8ue6VwLejJAjz11p_Q7jKxaXYKOGbIEEtFieqY0dkoHBqH5yPKYFPYSoJ3PK9YbOnmXJNvEs3EW_4HxfqrRYmgR3sq7kANfftDxILW5OiIR3hDThw4BQayGW3XFUs7cYwoc4uC-TEH_BE=s2048

2) This knockoff logo on the right share some traits with the logo in question:

1669941406776.png

3) This model has hearts on it. (Personally I think those shapes are trefoils, but I know a lot of people see hearts) :

1669941231943.png

Funny, I had this knockoff of that shoe in the "trefoil" section of my saved leads, but not the real one! Adding it to my notes.

I went down a DEEP rabbit hole yesterday of PONY branded shoes and knockoffs, considering the potential "PO" we're seeing (or hallucinating? haha) on the top of the image, as well as some similarity with their logo. The most interesting bits I came up with were:
I started feeling it was a knock off and I have come back full circle.
I just ran across this on Alibaba. Customizable soles for smaller brand shoes. If it is custom text for a specific, smaller brand, there is no telling what it could be. However, it explains the location of the text well. I just need to find an outsole with out pattern on it...
1669946434630.png

I just ran across this on Alibaba. Customizable soles for smaller brand shoes. If it is custom text for a specific, smaller brand, there is no telling what it could be. However, it explains the location of the text well. I just need to find an outsole with out pattern on it...
View attachment 384320
Do they have examples for some they've already made? I wonder if they would be willing to search their records for "our" print if the CCIRI contacted them. Worth a shot! @Insightful1

Do they have examples for some they've already made? I wonder if they would be willing to search their records for "our" print if the CCIRI contacted them. Worth a shot! @Insightful1
We would need to find the company with a similar tread pattern first. There are dozens that make shoes and soles like this.
Just FYI I passed the Reebok symbol info on to Sheryl already, in case someone of her team has some connection to dig into it further. I don’t want us all bombarding her with the same information.

I'd really like to know an at least rough indication of the location the print came from (city, state, region). That could really help to narrow the search field or give some kind of context clue to tip someone off.

I'd really like to know an at least rough indication of the location the print came from (city, state, region). That could really help to narrow the search field or give some kind of context clue to tip someone off.
and the climate at the time. Is it a tropical, warm weather location or was it cold weather? ( sandles, slides vs boots)

View attachment 384320
I suggested one time it may be a custom made logo. That of course would add a whole lot more complication to our search. I see flexing muscles also that could be what is in the image instead of just a line seperating the areas and trefoil. Someone upthread mentioned that it looked like flexing muscles. The flexing muscles maybe a sign of masculinity, power?

I even thought LA CA shoe maker, there are several types of footwear manufacturers in our USA. I've even seen where you can purchase sole saver's to put on the bottom of a shoe.
It looks like the Greek Key pattern is on the mystery sole.
There is a shoe expert who testified at the George Wagner trial in Ohio who also testified at OJ's first trial.

I see flexing muscles also that could be what is in the image instead of just a line seperating the areas and trefoil.
SBM I can see the "flexing" wolf or rat mentioned up thread quite easily, but I've struggled to see just flexing muscles. After more staring at the image, I think maybe I've got it. Is this what you mean?IMG_20221202_091631.jpg

On another note, I've been looking through collaborations between Quiksilver and other companies and found a random photograph of a Quiksilver store showing an odd variation of their logo:IMG_20221202_092918.jpgIt's a QS store so that must be an official variation of the logo, not a knockoff. The wave part reminds me of the inverted J in our image.

Close up:
IMG_20221202_093124.jpg
I have no idea where the photo was taken. I found it on a photo website at the end of a very long rabbit hole. There was no information with it.

Y'all gave me an idea. Custom treads.

I googled 'custom logo outsole' and found this:

Notice their logo. Jh.

Sorta.

Attachments

• 355866-3f3fde33e3fb4744dadab1581ae3b9a9.jpg
    355866-3f3fde33e3fb4744dadab1581ae3b9a9.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 7
I don’t think this rabbit hole has been introduced yet, and it’s a doozy…

I stumbled across LAOG - Live Action Online Gaming. Since we’ve been told they think this is a juvenile shoe print, I thought OK, this could fit, although then I discovered this genre seems to be more young adult oriented. The rabbit hole consisted of things like Dungeons and Dragons, anime and cosplay. Custom shoes/treads came up, but I could find nothing remotely close to a match.

I also lean toward this being a non-US brand, but have had no luck on any kind of those searches. The questions raised above about location or other context clues could be helpful. For example, does juvenile mean little kid or teenager? Do they think juvenile because of the size of the print, or because of the crime itself?

Is it just me but I see very distinct tread lines but the LAOG seems weirdly indistinct.

Why would that be?

Attachments

• 355866-3f3fde33e3fb4744dadab1581ae3b9a9.jpg
    355866-3f3fde33e3fb4744dadab1581ae3b9a9.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 9

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads