We need help identifying this brand of shoes.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
SBM I can see the "flexing" wolf or rat mentioned up thread quite easily, but I've struggled to see just flexing muscles. After more staring at the image, I think maybe I've got it. Is this what you mean?View attachment 384439

On another note, I've been looking through collaborations between Quiksilver and other companies and found a random photograph of a Quiksilver store showing an odd variation of their logo:View attachment 384442It's a QS store so that must be an official variation of the logo, not a knockoff. The wave part reminds me of the inverted J in our image.

Close up:
View attachment 384443
I have no idea where the photo was taken. I found it on a photo website at the end of a very long rabbit hole. There was no information with it.
Yes the area you circled reminds me of a muscle flexing. The bicep, hand and elbow.

Lots of slides...
Just an idea but maybe someone familliar with the actual case could talk to this company and see if any of the treads match even somewhat as perhaps the perp may have altered some of the image. If nothing pans out that fine, sadly.

SBM I can see the "flexing" wolf or rat mentioned up thread quite easily, but I've struggled to see just flexing muscles. After more staring at the image, I think maybe I've got it. Is this what you mean?View attachment 384439

On another note, I've been looking through collaborations between Quiksilver and other companies and found a random photograph of a Quiksilver store showing an odd variation of their logo:View attachment 384442It's a QS store so that must be an official variation of the logo, not a knockoff. The wave part reminds me of the inverted J in our image.

Close up:
View attachment 384443
I have no idea where the photo was taken. I found it on a photo website at the end of a very long rabbit hole. There was no information with it.
In our image can the trefoil be a heart and it looks like trefoil. So what I mean is the the flexing muscle specifically the bicep part the heart represents a face actually instead.

I know someone up thread got a photo of a shoes used in an LA detention center... I wonder if we could find the ones used in a juvenile detention center. I just tried, but no luck. I'm not sure how to word a search. There are two juvenile halls in LA - Sylvan and Eastlake. Could be more too.
Like "shower shoe's" slides ?
Replying to myself because I just ran across this:View attachment 384757
Check out that final E. That could be what we've all thought looked like a G!

Try Customer Service at Zappos, they are endlessly helpful to me:

I'm in the CA-LADG group, at least for now!
That’s a great suggestion! They pride themselves on best-in-world company culture and customer service. A book written by their founder called “Delivering Happiness” was #1 on both NYT and WSJ best sellers lists. They even give tours on company culture at their Las Vegas HQ building.

I’m sorry, I don’t have time to read the whole thread right now so someone probably has alreay pointed this out but to me it looks like the word “in” may be right before the CA.

Made in California?

Just an idea but maybe someone familliar with the actual case could talk to this company and see if any of the treads match even somewhat as perhaps the perp may have altered some of the image. If nothing pans out that fine, sadly.
I'm tagging the OP of this thread so they can decide if it's an avenue worth pursuing for the CCIRI. @Insightful1

I don't want to bug them too much or overwhelm them with our enthusiasm to figure this out! They might regret asking for help, lol.

The Onepiece logo is the closest I have seen so far. Saw that one a couple of days back, but could not find a picture of the sole pattern. I have since seen two and it's a standard cross hatch. Thinking it may be an older pattern or a pattern that is not being shown in the ads. Couple of skate shops in my area. Will check them out.

The Onepiece logo is the closest I have seen so far. Saw that one a couple of days back, but could not find a picture of the sole pattern. I have since seen two and it's a standard cross hatch. Thinking it may be an older pattern or a pattern that is not being shown in the ads. Couple of skate shops in my area. Will check them out.
There are a couple of websites that sell characters specific shoes for One Piece. They have NO pictures of outsoles.:rolleyes:

I've sent emails out asking for info on the tread, hoping to hear back sometime this week. Most places I've contacted have been really good about getting back with info.

I've seen some mainstream brand collaborations with One Piece and they all have standard tread like their regular shoes (ie. Vans, Nike).

The problem is the D could really be any letter because its not defined like the other letters are. I don't know if thats debris, smudge in the print. I'm trying the entire alphabet with the other letters as they are and just replacing the "D". And adding footwear. I don't know if other Sleuthers want to try a combination of words while replacing the "D" and keeping the rest of the letters as they are.

The more I look at the letters in the image, the more I'm convinced it once said One Piece.

You can see part of the O and N and the middle line of the E on the left side. Then a space and what looks very much like the anchor that is often displayed in the middle of the One Piece logo. We've been thinking it was a Z or L, but I don't think so any more. I'll attach a close up below.

What looks like the A on the right could be the P, and the last letter definitely looks like the sideways anchor making a curvy E (not a G) that One Piece uses. The other letters in "PIECE" - I, E, C are tough to fit in there, but the I is usually replaced by the image of a character in their logo, and might not have been embossed onto the sole at all. That leaves E and C, which would fit in the remaining space, and could be an imperfect impression in the print.

I've yet to find a matching sole, but I've learned that a lot of anime fans like to do their own art, especially on their shoes. There are inexpensive blank soles and engraving techniques out there that could have been used.

Attachments

• IMG_20221205_110605.jpg
    IMG_20221205_110605.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 24
It is the best match so far. The question to me is, is it the sole or a raised pattern on the side of the shoe that made the mark? Seems to me that the fabric side of the shoe would hold more water than the rubber sole.

It is the best match so far. The question to me is, is it the sole or a raised pattern on the side of the shoe that made the mark? Seems to me that the fabric side of the shoe would hold more water than the rubber sole.
Are you thinking the wearer may have rolled his/her ankle? It's possible of course. A lot of the shoes I've looked at that have been customized for One Piece, seem to be painted... I wonder if that would make them less likely to hold water? I'll go back and take a better look at side designs. They could be textured.

What about the shape of the print and what looks like straight tread lines? I'm sure you've seen side prints before - are those normal?

The more I look at the letters in the image, the more I'm convinced it once said One Piece.

You can see part of the O and N and the middle line of the E on the left side. Then a space and what looks very much like the anchor that is often displayed in the middle of the One Piece logo. We've been thinking it was a Z or L, but I don't think so any more. I'll attach a close up below.

What looks like the A on the right could be the P, and the last letter definitely looks like the sideways anchor making a curvy E (not a G) that One Piece uses. The other letters in "PIECE" - I, E, C are tough to fit in there, but the I is usually replaced by the image of a character in their logo, and might not have been embossed onto the sole at all. That leaves E and C, which would fit in the remaining space, and could be an imperfect impression in the print.

I've yet to find a matching sole, but I've learned that a lot of anime fans like to do their own art, especially on their shoes. There are inexpensive blank soles and engraving techniques out there that could have been used.
Yes, I see the anchor. That G looks like something else. And the D I was discussing doesn't look like a D anymore to me. I can't tell what it is.

The problem is the D could really be any letter because its not defined like the other letters are. I don't know if thats debris, smudge in the print. I'm trying the entire alphabet with the other letters as they are and just replacing the "D". And adding footwear. I don't know if other Sleuthers want to try a combination of words while replacing the "D" and keeping the rest of the letters as they are.
Could it be normal walking tread wear?

Or they're really old rubber and starting to fragment?

Could it be normal walking tread wear?

Or they're really old rubber and starting to fragment?
Its possible that its fragmenting and the tread is worn but as we can there are patterns and a design that repeats itself so its not that seay to believe its just worn. That design/pattern does mean it could help identify it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!
Back