We need help identifying this brand of shoes.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is is possible we are not looking for shoes, but shoe covers? "Calzado" is footwear in Spanish. I can use my imagination and see that word with some wear and tear in the lettering on the original image.

1670558955611.png

What if we are looking at the imprint of a shoe cover, similar to these, but with branding in Spanish? These come in full and half covers. Would a steel toe make the front heavier and more prone to leaving a deeper imprint?
1670559075611.png

Bear with me. I've heard that prostitutes back during Bible times had shoes you could actually track because it basically said "for a good time follow me".

I'm not saying these are prostitute shoes. What type of shoe would get a message across through the tread? Bouncing off an earlier post.
Yes, prostitute footprints in Ephesus (Turkey); I have seen them.

IMO you're right, the shoes in this case are message-ing, because there's a lot on the bottom of that shoe. The must be "cool" in some arena: question is, what arena? IMO they are also supposed to leave a footprint.

My first impression of the print is that of the shoe brand "L.A. Gear", but that definitely looks like an impression of a shamrock in the sole, but who knows.

Last edited:
I think part of it is worn down. IDK but I do see an anchor as pointed out by an OP where they said it was. I wonder if we are missing something on that tread that we haven't put two and two together so to speak. What if on this tread there are more images than the prominant ones? I suppose we could assume this if we knew the scale of the shoe.

I hope our ideas and the effort a lot of Sleuthers on this thread have contributed come to yield something for the investigation on this case. I'm hoping their investigation is going well and we Sleuthers here at Websleuths have somehow aided even it was/is slightly. You know this morning I was cleaning something with a wipe off the floor after spilling something accidentally and I happened to be waering Addidas slides. Anyways I wiped the floor with my right slide and the print on the wipe resembled the lines and the repeated lines opposite as in our image. Although of course not as thick as the ones on our image but I thought it was interesting. My point is Addidas uses reverse patterns. Could the image we have be a knock off of Addidas with more details? Or could it be Addidas? The lines are in square sort of grid and patterns.

Last edited:
There's a lot going on in that logo above the lettering.

Breaking down exactly what we see here, without guesstimating at missing letters and accounting for wear, etc -

Reading it like a hieroglyph:

The Greek-key style C and L enclose what appear to be two arms with forearms flexing and balled fists, with two stylised hooded heads, the eye cut-outs on the hood appear to be a club (on the inverted side) and a heart on the other.

The shape of the hood could represent:
Rat
Wolf
Anubis
Executioner

But if we look at the stylised shape of the hood - that is, a long nose to represent a rat and that there are two figures (one inverted with fists) - they could be construed as two hooded rats sparring.

So: Two Hooded Rats Fighting (with a club symbol).

A literal translation could then be: Hood Rat Fight Club

The club and the heart : symbols for luck and love - in and of the game - whatever it is - but given that we all know the First Rule of Fight Club - it does sound like something designed to have juvenile appeal.

Taking the text literally, as is, and keeping in mind the C and L enclosing the fighting rats: google translates "CA LADG" as "the fight of" in Hindu. A Trademark perhaps in the style of "Just Do It" rather than an actual brand name like Nike.

So perhaps, Indian made, with juvenile appeal, generic sports or possibly to do with fighting sports (boxing/wrestling).

I like the suggestion its custom, knock-off or possibly manga upthread and the caleado/calzado (I think there is an E in there) - this would hold especially if they were not actual shoes but antislip socks or water shoes, ie this sportswear brand's footwear. It would be helpful to know the context and what is available in the local area in terms of imported goods/sports clubs etc.

I also see a pussycat with a long tail and heart for a face.

The type of sole material is maybe for another post.

JMO

Last edited:
I’m new here, so if I’m stating something already resolved or discussed, apologies.

IMO It’s a Quiksilver tread. They do make many ornate treads, such as this, the bottom of their Island-Oasis sandals. Sandalhttps://www.quiksilver.com/island-oasis-sandals-AQYL100401.html

Here are many repeats of their logo, combined with geometric lines and California brand related words all in different sizes and directions. I found this after looking at just one sole from their website. I’m sure they have many more orange tread patterns too. This would certainly leave quite a shoe print.

Remember, the Quiksilver logo does not include a heart.
The logo is a stylized Wave attached to a Mountain with a snow cap peak detail that people easily mistake for a heart. Look on their logo on their website logo. On the treads this cap detail gets blurred and gets confused for a heart but it’s not. I know this brand really well bc back in my day this was the most popular brand for beach gear going and shoes.

Attachments

• 0D85FC6D-8AC0-4EE6-9240-ECBC1FCB83BA.jpeg
    0D85FC6D-8AC0-4EE6-9240-ECBC1FCB83BA.jpeg
    141.1 KB · Views: 38
I’m new here, so if I’m stating something already resolved or discussed, apologies.

IMO It’s a Quiksilver tread. They do make many ornate treads, such as this, the bottom of their Island-Oasis sandals. Sandalhttps://www.quiksilver.com/island-oasis-sandals-AQYL100401.html

Here are many repeats of their logo, combined with geometric lines and California brand related words all in different sizes and directions. I found this after looking at just one sole from their website. I’m sure they have many more orange tread patterns too. This would certainly leave quite a shoe print.

Remember, the Quiksilver logo does not include a heart.
The logo is a stylized Wave attached to a Mountain with a snow cap peak detail that people easily mistake for a heart. Look on their logo on their website logo. On the treads this cap detail gets blurred and gets confused for a heart but it’s not. I know this brand really well bc back in my day this was the most popular brand for beach gear going and shoes.
I agree it's something like this, just because of the way the sole didn't slip (though it was wet) and seemed designed to be for a watery location, because of how water worked on the tread.

It might not be Quicksilver, though. I'm thinking a Quicksilver wannabe.

Ok Websleuths Members and Visiters,
You know I rarely put the Websleuths seal of approval on anything unless I really belive in something!
Please check out Sheryl McCollum and her new podcast ZONE 7
You will thank me later.
Love ya

Something I noticed over the last couple of weeks. Body weight doesn't seem to matter much when leaving footprints on concrete. I assume due to the smooth surface.

It matters a lot more on pavement.

Short Version of the post below. If you would like to donate to our volunteer moderator staff please do so using one of the places below. Please put "FOR THE MODS" in the description. Thank you.
PayPal
Pay Websleuths.com using PayPal.Me
Venmo name Tricia-Griffith-14
OR
Cash App $tgrif14
Bank to Bank using zelle please use the email address triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
Please be sure to put in the memo "FOR THE MODS"

Hi Everyone,
Forgive me for interrupting but this is important. Please do not post questions about this post on this thread. Go to THIS THREAD to ask questions.

DID YOU KNOW BY THE END OF THE DAY OUR MODS WILL HAVE HANDLED HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS OF ALERTS? YOU WOULD NOT KNOW THIS BECAUSE THAT IS HOW GOOD THE MODS ARE AT THEIR JOBS.

One of the many things I love about Websleuths is we can come on here, discuss true crime, and not have to deal with all the stupid drama and baloney we have to deal with on other platforms. Do you know why? It is the hard work of our wonderful volunteer moderators.

Because of these incredible moderators, you don't see the following, the trolls that constantly try and disrupt. You don't see the newbies who don't know the rules and post a bunch of unproven rumors in cases, You don't see the mean people insulting your posts, you don't see the stupid threats angry people post, and guess what? I could go on and on. In other words, the mods make your experience the best you can find when it comes to discussing true crime.

If you could donate even one dollar that would be great. If half the people that come to Websleuths today donated one dollar we would be able to give the mods a wonderful bonus for all their hard work.

One hundred percent of the money raised goes to the moderators.

If you cannot donate we completely understand. If you could please post a word of thanks to our mods on THIS THREAD that would be wonderful.

If you would like to donate to the moderators at Websleuths.com please do so using one of the places below and be sure and put in the description "FOR THE MODS"
Pay Websleuths.com using PayPal.Me
OR you can use
Venmo name Tricia-Griffith-14
OR
Cash App $tgrif14
Bank to Bank using zelle please use the email address triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
Please be sure to put in the memo "FOR THE MODS"

Websleuths.com will always be free for members. It costs nothing to join and it never will.
If you like to read at Websleuths because of the incredible work of our members please know the reason our members are able to do what they do is because of our dedicated volunteer moderator staff.

This video explains what the moderators do every day to keep Websleuths the most respected true crime discussion forum on the Internet.
Thank you,

Tricia Griffith Owner/Websleuths.com

Does anyone recognize this shoe imprint ? Or do you know of a good place to search for shoe brand imprints ? Please let us know if you do. If you don’t have time to search you can post links below that you feel can help in the search. This imprint is relation to The Cold Case Investigative Research Institute . If you’re not comfortable posting below you may private message me in here or email me at producer@websleuths.com Thank you for your time.

<ADMIN NOTE added November 28, 2022: For what has been covered to date in this discussion, please read here.>

Does anyone recognize this shoe imprint ? Or do you know of a good place to search for shoe brand imprints ? Please let us know if you do. If you don’t have time to search you can post links below that you feel can help in the search. This imprint is relation to The Cold Case Investigative Research Institute . If you’re not comfortable posting below you may private message me in here or email me at producer@websleuths.com Thank you for your time.

<ADMIN NOTE added November 28, 2022: For what has been covered to date in this discussion, please read here.>
I haven't had time to deep dive into models, but the "flexing rat" looks quite a bit like the *old LA Gear logo. Pic attached, but ebay link is probably better due to zoom function.

Attachments

• la gear.jpeg
    la gear.jpeg
    23.9 KB · Views: 22
I haven't had time to deep dive into models, but the "flexing rat" looks quite a bit like the *old LA Gear logo. Pic attached, but ebay link is probably better due to zoom function.

I looked through every LA Gear I could find on eBay and couldn’t find anything that resembled the heart/trefoil or the words in a bold plain font.
Did they have knock off La Gear?

I looked through every LA Gear I could find on eBay and couldn’t find anything that resembled the heart/trefoil or the words in a bold plain font.
Did they have knock off La Gear?
Hmm. I'm not sure. I'll check a couple of the sneakerhead sites. It might be some sort of rare/coveted thing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654
Back