We need help identifying this brand of shoes.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
All footwear stars to develop unique indicators the second you put it on and start walking. The durometer of the rubber or formulation of the sole compound varies from brand to brand and has a direct impact of the longevity of the sole and the wear characteristics. If this is a skate sneaker, they tend to get a lot of abuse, so it would not surprise me that the pattern would be compromised to a degree.

Are you thinking the wearer may have rolled his/her ankle? It's possible of course. A lot of the shoes I've looked at that have been customized for One Piece, seem to be painted... I wonder if that would make them less likely to hold water? I'll go back and take a better look at side designs. They could be textured.

What about the shape of the print and what looks like straight tread lines? I'm sure you've seen side prints before - are those normal?
Since we know almost nothing about how the wet print got on the concrete, it is possible. The One Piece design is so close to the picture that is would be one heck of a coincidence if it were not One Piece.

Some links to lists of footwear brands that are either headquartered or manufactured in California. For reference.

If we assume evaporation has erased the lower part of the print, has the visible part been reduced too? So we're looking at the center two-third, the outer third already evaporated away?

If we assume evaporation has erased the lower part of the print, has the visible part been reduced too? So we're looking at the center two-third, the outer third already evaporated away?
I wish we had something for scale next to it. Are we looking for a very small design? Was the original photo given to us an enlargement? I wish they were a bit more forthcoming with additional information. They may not know much but they have to have answers to some of these basic questions.

I don't see the greek key/meander part of the tread pattern in any aspect of One Piece's logo or font. IMO it's not a match.

I thought so many other things fit and then maybe the pattern in the jacket in image below, but you are right!
I honestly did not know there was a name for the pattern and it is definitely the "greek key/meander" pattern. This is excellent! I am going to get off One Piece (gladly) and go down this road. Thank you so much!
1670421959236.png

1670421926577.png

I thought so many other things fit and then maybe the pattern in the jacket in image below, but you are right!
I honestly did not know there was a name for the pattern and it is definitely the "greek key/meander" pattern. This is excellent! I am going to get off One Piece (gladly) and go down this road. Thank you so much!
View attachment 385587

View attachment 385586
I did not know the name for that design either until this thread came along. It was discussed in a fair amount of detail earlier in the thread.

My own searches found some shoes with that greek key pattern on the sole (including the versace brand), but nothing that also contains the shape we see in the print. Some have called it a flexing wolf. To me it looks like a queen or king holding a scepter, with the trefoil shape indicating the face. I have searched using all those keywords and plenty of others, but found nothing.

I still wonder if somehow this wasn't made from a shoe tread at all but instead something else with this pattern that happened to fall or be put, while wet, onto the concrete floor to make the print. A tire? A belt buckle? A sports accessory of some sort? etc

Thus I have searched for product logos as a broader search than just shoe treads. But nothing I have found so far is even a near match...

I did not know the name for that design either until this thread came along. It was discussed in a fair amount of detail earlier in the thread.

My own searches found some shoes with that greek key pattern on the sole (including the versace brand), but nothing that also contains the shape we see in the print. Some have called it a flexing wolf. To me it looks like a queen or king holding a scepter, with the trefoil shape indicating the face. I have searched using all those keywords and plenty of others, but found nothing.

I still wonder if somehow this wasn't made from a shoe tread at all but instead something else with this pattern that happened to fall or be put, while wet, onto the concrete floor to make the print. A tire? A belt buckle? A sports accessory of some sort? etc

Thus I have searched for product logos as a broader search than just shoe treads. But nothing I have found so far is even a near match...
Ah... Gotcha and sorry for missing the earlier discussion. I'm afraid I am trying to keep up with too many things at once. I will try to keep looking along these lines as well. "Labyrinth" was another term I found when searching for this pattern. Thanks again!

I’ve done the same - searched for logos and images, ignoring the shoe aspect. My search history is strange and hilarious, to say the least. I’ll keep trying! That image, if it’s really what we see, is so distinct.

First post on this topic.

A couple of things struck me:
1. how clear the image is: it wasn't smeared as the person stepped, though it's water on a hard surface
2. the tread is not a complex 3D kind of thing, because that pattern is fairly even
3. the tread has to be able to carry with it quite a bit of water!
4. the tread might have some stickiness to it, which is why it didn't smear.
5. I pictured a lace-up right off the bat, since it would be tight to the foot, and have less chance of smearing
6. That shoe print is designed to be SEEN; I don't think I even own any shoes where the print is significant; the quality of the tread, yes, but not so they leave flashy prints.

It's stunning how clear that image is.... IMO the clarity says something significant about the shoe.

Last edited:
Time to get out all my shoes, put them on, step with all my weight on a wet towel, and see if I can make a pattern that clear on the dry deck, and if so, what type of shoe....

Now I have shoe ads all over my WS page....

Time to get out all my shoes, put them on, step with all my weight on a wet towel, and see if I can make a pattern that clear on the dry deck, and if so, what type of shoe....

Now I have shoe ads all over my WS page....
Possibly a non slip tread, like restaurant or factory, nurse's etc. ?
Juvenile wording throws me off though.

This is not the shoe, but look how Olukai manipulates its logos and make them into new shapes. They start getting very similar to those logos on the case shoe print.

Screenshot 2022-12-07 at 9.26.09 PM.png

Olukai uses rounded forms, but their might be another company out there that does the more "let's force this into a square" angular ones like the case logos?

Possibly a non slip tread, like restaurant or factory, nurse's etc. ?
Juvenile wording throws me off though.
"Juvenile" is definitely confusing. If it just refers to a low digit in shoe size, it could be anything, since there are a huge number of sizing schemes. And, if a low digit, where would that be on the print? I guess they didn't have a ruler to put beside the print?

Bear with me. I've heard that prostitutes back during Bible times had shoes you could actually track because it basically said "for a good time follow me".

I'm not saying these are prostitute shoes. What type of shoe would get a message across through the tread? Bouncing off an earlier post.

Bear with me. I've heard that prostitutes back during Bible times had shoes you could actually track because it basically said "for a good time follow me".

I'm not saying these are prostitute shoes. What type of shoe would get a message across through the tread? Bouncing off an earlier post.
like a beach shoe or snow shoe…

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinzstel
Back