We the Jury! Deliberations

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll agree that they are questioning Stacy's veracity since she essentially told Smith she was trying to blackmail Drew. That doesn't go to good character. However, the Schori testimony shows her troubled mind. Also, there was lots of testimony about Drew not wanting to give Kathleen ANYTHING.

I posted about this yesterday. She was trying to find an escape route so she could escape with all four children. Too bad the jury doesn't know that.

I couldn't agree more.
Your right, Stacy was looking for a way out and it's too bad this jury didn't get the full sense of that.

Kara Oko ‏@KaraOko
The jury is asking for #DrewPeterson and Stacy Peterson's phone records, as well as Harry Smith's and Neil Schori's testimony.

Drew is toast.

He could be right, unfortunately. If that was me, I'd dig into the medical testimony first and base everything else around that. Not everybody thinks that way though.

To me that would be the logical way but the medical testimony is more than I would want to wade through. All the conflicting expert testimony crossing out the previous testimony except for drowning being the cod.

Playing catch up again. BBM. Can they do this? I mean, it's pretty evident the motive behind Stacy's disappearance was to keep a witness from reporting or testifying regarding what she knew about Kathleen's death.

That's the entire crux behind a no body murder case; not rewarding the perpetrator for hiding the body well enough....... BUT, Drew has not been charged with Stacy's murder. So, how is it in this case, disappearing a witness is rewarded as 'prior bad behavior'. Or at least it appears to be rewarded as prior bad behavior.

This has been on my mind since day one of this trial. (It's not really relevent, but I have found myself wondering what if Drew's trial for Kathleen's murder occured after Stacy was declared deceased?)

If Peterson is convicted, I believe that the State will go after him about Stacy. First, they will search the nation, possibly even the world to see if she is alive. When that fails, they can use the prior bad act of killing Kathleen and the hearsay testimony from Stacy to show that she was killed by Drew to silence her. (And take all his marbles and go home, so to speak.)

I have to leave for a dr's appointment in about 15 min. I can get HLN in the car, but if this verdict comes in while I'm on the way or in the waiting room, I may need the dr's aid to get through the 30-min waiting period and any possible BAD, HORRIBLE verdict that might happen. I was driving when the Anthony verdict came in but, luckily, I pulled over to hear it or I would have gone off into a ditch!

I can call you if you need me to. We don't want any WSers to go missing LOL.

I couldn't agree more.
Your right, Stacy was looking for a way out and it's too bad this jury didn't get the full sense of that.

And too bad the jury couldn't be told Stacy "disappeared" 2 days after she talked to Harry...

Some obvious things that are going on.

1) The jury does not buy this was an accident as the defense claims. They know it was a murder.

2) They are now trying to place DP in the house. It is going to come down to SP and Schori's testiomy and whether or not they find it credible.

If number 2 is credible, it is a guilty verdict, IMO.

I'm sure they'll find the PASTOR'S credible.

I rememberr that testimony and all it looked to me, was the DT roughing up a Pastor and I believed every word out of his mouth.

I first started covering this case when Stacy went missing. That dried blood on KS face sealed the deal for me.

I hope the jurors focus in on that too because it wasn't emphasized too much iirc. If Kathleen was laying dead as she was found with water covering her whole self, then water slowly drained from the tub, how could she have ended up with dried blood on her face? That water would have washed it away as it flowed out of her body - it wouldn't cling to her face. By the time the water drained, which would take several hours at least, she'd be done bleeding.

The PT should have done a thorough exhibit along these lines to drill home this point imo.

To me that would be the logical way but the medical testimony is more than I would want to wade through. All the conflicting expert testimony crossing out the previous testimony except for drowning being the cod.

I enjoy wading through that kind of stuff though. Yes, I'm a science nerd. :blushing:

I hope the jurors focus in on that too because it wasn't emphasized too much iirc. If Kathleen was laying dead as she was found with water covering her whole self, then slowly draining from the tub, how could she have dried blood on her face? That water would have washed it away as it flowed out of her body - it wouldn't cling to her face. By the time the water drained, which would take several hours at least, she'd be done bleeding.

The PT should have done a thorough exhibit along these lines to drill home this point imo.

I mean dried blood? How could that have happned, if she fell and drowned?
I think Mr. DP missed a couple things. (clean up wise).

Some obvious things that are going on.

1) The jury does not buy this was an accident as the defense claims. They know it was a murder.

2) They are now trying to place DP in the house. It is going to come down to SP and Schori's testiomy and whether or not they find it credible.

If number 2 is credible, it is a guilty verdict, IMO.

I so hope they have decided murder
Do you think they will consider the boys going back and forth as a way for him
To get into that house?

I'm skipping ahead as I am pages and pages behind, again.

Not sure if this has been posted.

(reading here with a window open for recent MSM)

Jurors have sent three questions to Judge Edward Burmila.
First, they asked for asked for Drew and Stacy Peterson's phone records the weekend of Kathleen Savio death. Jurors also requested a transcript of testimony from Savio divorce attorney Harry Smith and the Rev. Neil Schori.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...-begin-deliberations-20120905,0,6308698.story

I'm sure they'll find the PASTOR'S credible.

I rememberr that testimony and all it looked to me, was the DT roughing up a Pastor and I believed every word out of his mouth.

Also Harry Smith's testimony is critical. I think we might have a verdict by tonight.

He could be right, unfortunately. If that was me, I'd dig into the medical testimony first and base everything else around that. Not everybody thinks that way though.

Me too.

I've got grilled chicken breast over Greek salad if you'd like some...

mmm sounds yummy! Thank you. Light meal is perfect right now. We'll go for steak and champagne when the Guilty verdict is reached. :rocker:

Schori was Stacy's pastor. She told him Drew killed Kathy and she caught him washing women clothing that was not hers in the middle night the night of the murder. Smith was Kathy's divorce lawyer. Two days before Stacy went "missing" she called him asking if she could get more money out of a divorce with Drew if she told what she knew about Drew killing Kathy. HTH

Thank you Mama-cita! I have In Session on and they aren't deliberating yet. Just ready to give instructions. Wonder why? Are we on some sort of delay because of the time change? 7:37am here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur