We the Jury! Deliberations

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stacy St. Clair ‏@StacyStClair
#drewpeterson jury told only to open statement if it's responsive to its request for police report. Reports rarely given to Illinois juries

Kara Oko ‏@KaraOko
#DrewPeterson jury also asked for Savio's autopsy photos, photos of bruises, and hemorrhage, pictures of the tub, bathroom, and body in tub.

#drewpeterson jury specifically asks for "bruises and hemorrhage pictures," as well as photos of Savio body and tub.

Not a tea leaf reader, but they seem to be paying close attention to (and hopefully believing) Kathleen Savio's reports of what Drew did to her.

#drewpeterson jury sent fourth question at 1:05. Asking for autopsy photos and bath tub photos.

#drewpeterson jury will get photos, judge says.

This is all very good, IMO. They'll see her bruised body, and that she would have had to defy every physical law in order to fall backward, hit her head, then land face forward...

Just wanted to say thank you for posting updates! I'm lurking here, awaiting the verdict.

I'm impressed thus far with the Jurors. They are asking good questions. Doing their job. I think it's a good sign :please:

CBS Chicago ‏@cbschicago
#DrewPeterson defense team objecting to jury being provided autopsy photos, but judge ruling he'll provide them over those objections.

#drewpeterson judge overrules defense objections and sends pictures back to jury.

Ruth Ravve ‏@RuthRavve
#DrewPeterson Defense is objecting to many pics intended for the jury, Brodsky calls them "too gruesome", judge notes objection by defense

In Session
2 minutes ago
Judge Burmila is back on the bench. “The jurors have had their lunch . . . we have received another question at 1:05: ‘Kathleen autopsy pictures, bruises and hemorrhage pictures, pictures of tub and body (bathroom pictures), July Kernc report’ . . .we’ve had two request from the jury regarding Ofc. Kernc’s report . . . I intend to respond as follows: ‘Enclosed is the handwritten statement of K. Savio . . . open the document only if it is responsive to your request for Ofc. Kernc’s report, as requested in your notes.’” Both sides say that will be fine with them, and so Savio’s written statement will be provided to the jury.

In Session Attorney Brodsky objects to some of the photographs going back to the jury. However, the photos were entered into evidence, and the judge allows them to be sent back to the jury (over the defense objection). The defense objects to any of the autopsy photos going back, but Judge Burmila allows it.

it too. They really poured it on during opening remarks and early testimony with Mary Ponterelli (sp?)
She had none of it though....when asked about herself being Italian she proudly said "full blood"
Good for her!
I think it was revolting.....the innuendo about the mob, the remarks about their families knowing each other from back in the old country. I don't know precisely where they were trying to go with that except for the obvious of trying to make Kathleen look bad, but it actually only made them seem that much more SLEAZY. (is that even possible?!) :lol:

well, being Italian myself, I find that very offensive :dramaqueen:

CBS Chicago ‏@cbschicago
#DrewPeterson defense team objecting to jury being provided autopsy photos, but judge ruling he'll provide them over those objections.

#drewpeterson judge overrules defense objections and sends pictures back to jury.

Ruth Ravve ‏@RuthRavve
#DrewPeterson Defense is objecting to many pics intended for the jury, Brodsky calls them "too gruesome", judge notes objection by defense

You go Judge!!!!

In Session Brodsky “vehemently” objects to the autopsy photographs going to the jury, calling them “gruesome.” However, the judge allows these photographs to go back, since they are in evidence and the jurors requested them (with only one or two exceptions).

In Session Greenberg suggests that the jurors be allowed to look at the photos inside the courtroom, rather than being allowed to have them back in the jury room. Prosecutor Koch disagrees, and the judge agrees with State. “Over the defendant’s objection, the photographs are going to go back to the jury.”

:please: :please: :please: I am so glad you all are here!!! Thanks for the updates, thanks for your insights and encouragement as well. Nurse, I set out little bowls of after dinner mints around the thread. You know, the typical xanax, valium, librium kind. :smile:

If DP hadn't murdered his 3rd wife there wouldn't be "gruesome" autopsy photos for anyone, let alone a jury, to be able to look at. Blame Drew for that, defense team!

I've never been able to get past that deadbolt on her bedroom door.

Think of all the women in the world who live without a deadbolt on their bedroom door.

Kathleen was in fear to the point where she had one installed. And look who ended up killed.

Almost the same scenario here in Cary, NC, on the Cooper murder case. Nancy Cooper, mother of two, wife of Bradley Cooper (now LWOP in an NC prison), kept her bedroom door locked, had both daughters in there with her, slept in jeans and a shirt with her car keys in her jeans pocket. She was murdered by her husband (strangulation), and he dumped her body -- essentially nude -- in a nearby developing neighborhood, in some bushes on a vacant lot. He was convicted and given Life W/out Parole (which is what it says, here in NC). He was a brilliant telecom designer, and an arrogant, Narcissistic, womanizer who did not want to pay child support (for their two precious little girls) or alimony. The girls are now happily living in an adjoining country with their aunt who is the identical twin of their mommy.

I doubt a verdict "soon."

They are in discussions. They've asked for evidence to review and discuss. I assume they are going to look at the evidence they just asked for and ... discuss it.

Jean just interviewed Mary Parks, KS's nursing student friend. She's very believable when she tells Kathleen's story.

:please: :please: :please: I am so glad you all are here!!! Thanks for the updates, thanks for your insights and encouragement as well. Nurse, I set out little bowls of after dinner mints around the thread. You know, the typical xanax, valium, librium kind. :smile:

Those were supposed to be for everyone??? Oops...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346870260.505330.jpg

Ruth Ravve ‏@RuthRavve
#DrewPeterson Jurors being brought into courtroom so court reporter can read requested testimony to them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member