Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just about to post same Coldpizza

LIVE UPDATE FROM THE DREW PETERSON TRIAL:

Defense attorney Ralph Meczyk has just walked into the overflow courtroom. He says he believes the judge will send the jurors a note in a few minutes, asking them if they’d like to get dinner and continue deliberating, or go home. Again, according to Meczyk, this should be happening shortly.

I believe in the Sandusky case not all of the jurors brought bags with them BUT they could work into the night.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh: I guess some of them thought that the verdict was a "done deal" and didn't see the need in bringing a change of underwear! I guess they will have to go "commando".

The horrific image of people wearing dirty undies inside out is something which is best passed over in silence. :what:

However, I'm glad this jury is taking their time. A verdict based on careful and intelligent deliberations which are evidence based is my wish here. I can live with it if he's acquitted, even though I would prefer if he was convicted.

I just want to know that the verdict is based on evidence and the rule of law. Not emotion, not sloppiness and not some other nonsense a la the OJ jury.

Just concentrate on the evidence and the case in front of you and see where it logically leads. That's not too much to ask off a jury, IMO.

Stacy St. Clair ‏@StacyStClair
#drewpeterson judge going to send a note to jury asking them if they want dinner

Craig Wall ‏@craigrwall
Judge sent a note to jurors asking if they want to order dinner. Attorneys now reassembling. #DrewPeterson brought back in court

#drewpeterson judge says jury asked for dinner before note could be sent

DrewPeterson jury appears to be sticking around a bit longer. They've requested to have dinner brought in.

Jurors have said they want to order dinner and keep going but the judge may tell them to take a break and continue tomorrow

Judge now trying to decide what the next move will be; have them keep deliberating, or break for the day

I say give each and every one of them the dinner of their choice and continue deliberating.

If I was a tax payer in that county I would pay for that meal!

Read Stacy St.Clairs tweets. She did say what I posted before her last tweet of the judge sending in a note to the juror's about dinner.

I think it is a good sign that these juror's are not clock watchers and wanted to go home at 5pm. They went right past that.

I am going to be very hopeful for a verdict tonight if the jury wants dinner and keep deliberating. Maybe they can reach a verdict tonight, sleep on it, and then finish up in the morning.

MOO

Its tough though, you don't want a tired Jury, but at the same time if they are in the thick of discussions you would want them to continue. I've always wanted to be on a jury and have been called, just never selected.

In Session: Judge Burmila takes the bench. “It is 5:45, the jurors have been deliberating since 9:00 this morning . . . I have proposed to communicate with them in the following fashion: ‘please halt your deliberations momentarily, and advise me if you’d like me to order dinner, or prefer to go home for the day and resume deliberations tomorrow.” However,, the jurors communicated [in the meantime] with the bailiff, and provided her with a dinner order. They’ve asked to have food brought in. There is a question of the length of deliberations; the appellate courts have opined that the deliberations should not be lengthy . . . it is something I have to be cognoscente of.” Brodsky says that the defense position is that the judge should send the note to the jurors; Koch argues that the judge has no need to send a note since the jurors have already sent their own. Greenberg: “Give them the choice: order dinner, or go home. I think it’s fairly simply. If they want to continue to deliberate, they’ll continue to deliberate . . . we don’t know if they know they have a choice.” Judge: “I’m going to take this under advisement for a minute. Keep the defendant here, though, Sheriff.” With that, the judge leaves the bench, but the defendant and attorneys remain in the courtroom.

Oh no! That's a terrible scene/situation. What do oppossums usually eat and why couldn't they find any of that I wonder. :waitasec:

You must have been shocked to see your house like that - what were the dogs doing when you came home?

They are like buzzards. They scavenge and will eat anything.

Just checking in and I see that the DT is still never happy with what the Judge first suggests they do. :smh:

Judge Burmila takes the bench. “It is 5:45, the jurors have been deliberating since 9:00 this morning . . . I have proposed to communicate with them in the following fashion: ‘please halt your deliberations momentarily, and advise me if you’d like me to order dinner, or prefer to go home for the day and resume deliberations tomorrow.” However,, the jurors communicated [in the meantime] with the bailiff, and provided her with a dinner order. They’ve asked to have food brought in. There is a question of the length of deliberations; the appellate courts have opined that the deliberations should not be lengthy . . . it is something I have to be cognoscente of.” Brodsky says that the defense position is that the judge should send the note to the jurors; Koch argues that the judge has no need to send a note since the jurors have already sent their own. Greenberg: “Give them the choice: order dinner, or go home. I think it’s fairly simply. If they want to continue to deliberate, they’ll continue to deliberate . . . we don’t know if they know they have a choice.” Judge: “I’m going to take this under advisement for a minute. Keep the defendant here, though, Sheriff.” With that, the judge leaves the bench, but the defendant and attorneys remain in the courtroom.

tweets

#drewpeterson judge sending a note to jury, asking if they want dinner or want to go home. Says DO NOT tell him where deliberations stand

Jury asked whether they want dinner or to continue deliberations tomorrow. They ARE NOT allowed to indicate where they stand.

Judge says he's worried about excessive deliberations, Is deciding what to do now but keeping Peterson in the courtroom

Judge in #DrewPeterson trial just met with attorneys about whether to ask jury if they want to go home for night, or order dinner and resume

"I want a drink!" says one defense attorney, hoping a decision about the jury schedule is made soon

LOL, who would think that four oppossums would come into my home through the dog door to eat the dogfood in my kitchen? I had two big Boxers and the oppossums came in, ate to eat the dogfood and to be slaughtered in my livingroom. You can not imagine the blood and gore I had to clean up. Oppossums must be really, really stupid.

I would be very wary of a possum (we dont call them opposums here where I live in the south lol) that was brave enough to come into a home. Do possums carry rabies? When a wild animal is not afraid of human contact or dogs often it can mean they are rabid. But yes, possums are rather dumb too.:)

We have had two cases of rabid foxes in our area this year. Each one of them were bold and aggressive and did not run from the human who was trying to chase them off. In fact they turned on them and attacked them. One man was bitten 2 times when he tried to run the fox off. He call the Sheriff's department and when the deputy came out instead of shooting the fox... for some stupid reason... he was going to hit it with his baton and was bitten 5 times before he could kill the rabid fox. The treatment for rabies is very painful.

We have had possums in our yard and a huge raccoon that ate all of our outside cats' food but when my hubby came out with his gun the raccoon ran away. If he had been rabid he would have stood his ground.

imo

In Session: Judge Burmila takes the bench. “It is 5:45, the jurors have been deliberating since 9:00 this morning . . . I have proposed to communicate with them in the following fashion: ‘please halt your deliberations momentarily, and advise me if you’d like me to order dinner, or prefer to go home for the day and resume deliberations tomorrow.” However,, the jurors communicated [in the meantime] with the bailiff, and provided her with a dinner order. They’ve asked to have food brought in. There is a question of the length of deliberations; the appellate courts have opined that the deliberations should not be lengthy . . . it is something I have to be cognoscente of.” Brodsky says that the defense position is that the judge should send the note to the jurors; Koch argues that the judge has no need to send a note since the jurors have already sent their own. Greenberg: “Give them the choice: order dinner, or go home. I think it’s fairly simply. If they want to continue to deliberate, they’ll continue to deliberate . . . we don’t know if they know they have a choice.” Judge: “I’m going to take this under advisement for a minute. Keep the defendant here, though, Sheriff.” With that, the judge leaves the bench, but the defendant and attorneys remain in the courtroom.

WTF? Does he mean without a break?

Judge Burmila takes the bench. “It is 5:45, the jurors have been deliberating since 9:00 this morning . . . I have proposed to communicate with them in the following fashion: ‘please halt your deliberations momentarily, and advise me if you’d like me to order dinner, or prefer to go home for the day and resume deliberations tomorrow.” However,, the jurors communicated [in the meantime] with the bailiff, and provided her with a dinner order. They’ve asked to have food brought in. There is a question of the length of deliberations; the appellate courts have opined that the deliberations should not be lengthy . . . it is something I have to be cognoscente of.” Brodsky says that the defense position is that the judge should send the note to the jurors; Koch argues that the judge has no need to send a note since the jurors have already sent their own. Greenberg: “Give them the choice: order dinner, or go home. I think it’s fairly simply. If they want to continue to deliberate, they’ll continue to deliberate . . . we don’t know if they know they have a choice.” Judge: “I’m going to take this under advisement for a minute. Keep the defendant here, though, Sheriff.” With that, the judge leaves the bench, but the defendant and attorneys remain in the courtroom.

What does it mean deliberations cant be lengthy? Why would the appellate courts state this?

Does that mean per day?

imo

#drewpeterson jury asks if they resume tomorrow will they be sequestered or go home? Judge does not want to sequester them

Kara Oko ‏@KaraOko
Jury sent back question asking if they were to continue deliberations tomorrow, would they go home or stay somewhere

#drewpeterson defense wants them to be told that tonight they will go home.

DrewPeterson Judge will tell jurors they will be released for the evening when done deliberating (for now) and return tomorrow morning

Vinnie Politan ‏@VinniePolitan
Looks like #DrewPeterson jury may be calling it quits for tonight...

WTF? Does he mean without a break?

I think what he means is that after so many hours they need to break. So do they want dinner because they want to continue or is it better to stop now and resume in the morning. jmo

I would be very wary of a possum (we dont call them opposums here where I live in the south lol) that was brave enough to come into a home. Do possums carry rabies? When a wild animal is not afraid of human contact or dogs often it can mean they are rabid. But yes, possums are rather dumb too.:)

We have had two cases of rabid foxes in our area this year. Each one of them were bold and aggressive and did not run from the human who was trying to chase them off. In fact they turned on them and attacked them. One man was bitten 2 times when he tried to run the fox off. He call the Sheriff's department and when the deputy came out instead of shooting the fox... for some stupid reason... he was going to hit it with his baton and was bitten 5 times before he could kill the rabid fox. The treatment for rabies is very painful.

We have had possums in our yard and a huge raccoon that ate all of our outside cats' food but when my hubby came out with his gun the raccoon ran away. If he had been rabid he would have stood his ground.

imo
BBM. That's why you see so many on the country roads dead. They are eating roadkill LOL.

This whole trial has been crazy and so has the judge. Why should the deliberation process be any different?

Hey, Judge! Is there not a SOP? What have you done in prior trials???

This whole trial has been crazy and so has the judge. Why should the deliberation process be any different?

Hey, Judge! Is there not a SOP? What have you done in prior trials???

Im not sure if it is the Judge this time LaLaw.

I dont think he is lying that the appellate courts (Illinois?) have sent down warnings about this.

It is the "why"..........I dont understand though.

Maybe the courts think if the jury is tired from deliberating too long per day they may come to a wrong decision.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members