WEBSLEUTHS WILL BE OFF LINE FOR A SOFTWARE UPDATE.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you hover over the like button, you will see a few different options to choose from...like, love, Haha, sad, and angry. They are long over due here, IMO. We all have had the " I hate to like it" feeling, when responding to a horrific, but informative post. It's just a big added plus here. IMO, of course.:cool:
Oh thank you, I see it now!
Yes I've PMed the mods in the past asking for this, for the reason you state. I want to appreciate the post, but we all can't bear to say we "like" the tragic things we learn.

No history button and no likes counted under our avatars, but I can live with that. It makes sense now that "like" will be just one "reaction." The only other big difference I see is the color scheme.

Thanks everybody for the feedback. There will be tweaking ongoing for a bit, I will do my best to statisfy as many requests as I can. Unfortunately one of the biggest requests in the past and now is the History button, I cannot do anything. This was never an official part of the software, instead it was a xenforo user who wrote a mod. This mod is no longer available for the newer forum software.

Dave

I'm on a PC and there is no problem with reading across each line. If you're on a cell / smartphone, you may have to go horizontal.

I am on an ipad and have it horizontal, but can't read across the printed line without having to scroll back and forth. :( But, actually, having said that, it seems much better now. Ok, maybe I was just having a bad eyes moment.

Is there a way to reduce the number of letters across each line? I need to enlarge the print and now end up having to scroll from side to side on every line so that I can read it. If there was about 25% fewer letters per line, it wouldn't be a problem. There must be others like me because my vision isn't all that bad.
On a PC, press the control key and scroll up with you mouse wheel to enlarge. Everything looks good on Chrome. Bigger without needing to scroll sideways.

For anyone that feels it's too big when viewing on a PC, press control and scroll down.

Nice improvement WS team! Not sure about the orange but I'll get used to it.

If you hover over the like button, you will see a few different options to choose from...like, love, Haha, sad, and angry. They are long over due here, IMO. We all have had the " I hate to like it" feeling, when responding to a horrific, but informative post. It's just a big added plus here. IMO, of course.:cool:
Cool!

Cool

Thanks everybody for the feedback. There will be tweaking ongoing for a bit, I will do my best to statisfy as many requests as I can. Unfortunately one of the biggest requests in the past and now is the History button, I cannot do anything. This was never an official part of the software, instead it was a xenforo user who wrote a mod. This mod is no longer available for the newer forum software.

Dave
Would it be possible to have an edit button in chat?

The site looks really nice, Tricia--haven't tried it on mobile but formatting on a laptop computer looks bright and clear! I also like the emoji/reactions feature, which I plan to (over)use immediately to make up for the dreadful 12+ hours we were all Websleuthsless!

On a PC, press the control key and scroll up with you mouse wheel to enlarge. Everything looks good on Chrome. Bigger without needing to scroll sideways.

For anyone that feels it's too big when viewing on a PC, press control and scroll down.

Nice improvement WS team! Not sure about the orange but I'll get used to it.

the forums look great, so much new added functionality for posting and adding things to posts
a few added things we had been discussing as well, love the Websleuths live youtube in the top right corner on the main page as wel
The new emoji options for posts is fantastic for this type of forum, just " like" was hard to get your emotion across on some very sad topics but now you can express yourself much easier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichelleleighD70