WEBSLEUTHS WILL BE OFF LINE FOR A SOFTWARE UPDATE.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The ”buttons” at the bottom of each page that take you to the other sections of websleuths (watched threads is the one I used most often) without paging back up to the top of the page are gone now.
On desktop, while scrolling to the bottom the navigation bar "sticks" to the top of the window. On Mobile the 3 bars "stick". Any software to avoid advertisements could break this and other functions though.

On May 5 2022 (tonight, Thursday) Websleuths will be down starting at 7 pm Eastern, 6 pm Central, 5 PM Mountain and 4 pm Pacific. We are updating our software. Hopefully we will be back up sometime in the middle of the night.
You might see changes in the color but everything should stay the same.
Thank you,
Tricia
Is it just me or did we lose our watched threads list?

Is it just me or did we lose our watched threads list?

Will we also get our private threads back? If not is there any way for thread creaters to get a list of private threads and the members that were part of it?
I still see all of the "Private Forums" and all of my private conversations.

Do you mean the convos/PM's? Mine are all there.

Love the new format, crisp & clean, easy to read. Well done WS!!!
Yes! Thank you! Where did you find them?

Will we also get our private threads back? If not is there any way for thread creaters to get a list of private threads and the members that were part of it?
Do you mean the convos/PM's? Mine are all there.

Love the new format, crisp & clean, easy to read. Well done WS!!!
Yes! Thank you! Where did you find them?
Never mind. I found them. Apparently I’m a rotten sleuth when it comes to website changes…..

I like new look and feel, too. Larger font is great — I’m mostly on an iPad. Also looks like posting functions menu will be more efficient.

Thanks for all your hard work and for keeping us modern on the tech front. :):) Emoji faces are easier to see, too! LOL!

On desktop, while scrolling to the bottom the navigation bar "sticks" to the top of the window. On Mobile the 3 bars "stick". Any software to avoid advertisements could break this and other functions though.
Thank you! An ad was covering that up for me (on an iPad) but once I x’d it out I see the link.

I like the avatar "initials" for members who don't have a personal avatar. It just makes the flow of conversation look much more professional. Good job to all who worked on the upgrades...oh you too Tricia! LOL. Thanks and WTG!

I'm on a PC and there is no problem with reading across each line. If you're on a cell / smartphone, you may have to go horizontal.
If you are on mobile, you can use your mobile browsers options yo increase font size, which would essentially do the same you are asking. The text would wrap to the next line automatically. If you are on pc simply hit ctrl+scroll up or down and you zoom in and out.

I noticed
On May 5 2022 (tonight, Thursday) Websleuths will be down starting at 7 pm Eastern, 6 pm Central, 5 PM Mountain and 4 pm Pacific. We are updating our software. Hopefully we will be back up sometime in the middle of the night.
You might see changes in the color but everything should stay the same.
Thank you,
Tricia
I notice that your 'page view counters' no longer have an exact count after the update. For instance, the Barbara Nelson thread was about 15,800 views, It's now 16K on the dot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper