WEBSLEUTHS WILL BE OFF LINE FOR A SOFTWARE UPDATE.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much. A couple or three shades, please! It’s great to be able to spot a quote/link but even very pale would still achieve this visually.

Have you had any thoughts on the chats situation? Previously, it was easy to spot where you were as there was no like button. I definitely think it’d be greatly beneficial (to Websleuths) to ensure nobody accidentally posts anything erroneously in the wrong places eg sleuthing of family, discussion of rumours, confidential docs etc etc.

I know you’re busy but have a ponder when you can (personally, I’d have it an entirely different colour!)

Agree with this. I really do not want to post private case info onto a main thread but it is hard to tell the difference right now. I realise there is the wording - this is a private conversation - but that doesn't really stand out as much as a separate colour would do.
Other than that, thanks for the upgrade :D

I do plan on making the color a shade lighter, it may be next week.
The snippet is the new standard and is there by default when it is an internal link. You may be able to remove it when needed by editing the post after it is made

example:
Code:
[URL unfurl="true"]https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/tx-mason-williams-21-months-murdered-parents-blame-death-on-demons-kyle-4-jul-2018.381941/page-8[/URL]

Change "true" to "false"

Thank you for your help. Okay on the colors!

And I shall put this code into my cases. Thanks a bunch! Much appreciated. :)

I'll try it tomorrow when I post some hearings.

I am assuming you are using the color pallatte in the reply box. Xenforo as do many others outsiurce this part of the code to a 3rd party, they are responsible forf choosing the color palatte. You can use your own colors by placing the hexidecimal code in the box

Okay - yes the color pallatte - but you will have to explain this "hexidecimal code" _ ?? Not a techy - so not sure "where" I should place this. And "how"....

TIA!

I totally understand that upgrades are tough... but, you're blinding me with the orange ;-) Please turn down the color. It's distracting overall and super distracting on my mobile. I know everyone has different opinions. This just makes it really hard to read and to focus on the new comments. JMHO and please take as constructive input. :)

I totally understand that upgrades are tough... but, you're blinding me with the orange ;-) Please turn down the color. It's distracting overall and super distracting on my mobile. I know everyone has different opinions. This just makes it really hard to read and to focus on the new comments. JMHO and please take as constructive input. :)
I agree!
New comments seem to get lost in all this sea of orange and yellow :(
Maybe the font should be bigger for them?

Where have all the matches gone in the Identified Forum?
There are only a few left, there used to be a lot more. Where have they gone?

IMO the matches are WS' pride, we should celebrate them and never hide them.
This would have nothing to do with the upgrade.

@WS Admin I'm having an issue with Filters. I clicked New Posts and then filtered using Show Only Unread & Show Only Watched and posts that I've already read are still showing up. Also, there are threads that I am not watching that are showing up.

Here are ss's that show I already read the first thread, and I am not watching the thread called UK - Julie James. Note I am watching the forum called Currently Awaiting Trial, but I'm not following that individual thread, so maybe there is a bug in the filter so it is showing watched forums instead of just watched threads within that forum. I hope this makes sense.

Screen Shot 2022-05-10 at 11.04.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-10 at 11.06.55 AM.png

Agree with this. I really do not want to post private case info onto a main thread but it is hard to tell the difference right now. I realise there is the wording - this is a private conversation - but that doesn't really stand out as much as a separate colour would do.
It's really the main thread that needs the warning!
eg This is the Main Thread

It doesn't much matter if someone posts in a private conversation something that they intended to post in the main thread.
It's when they post sensitive info in the MT thinking that it's a PC thread that there would be a problem.

@Gardenista
Regarding the first issue, I can see it being a glitch but I can also see it to be as intended. The documentation in this area leaves room for improvement. Really nothing I can do about it.

Regarding the second issue, if you are following a forum then by default you are following all the threads in that forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper