weekend break: discuss the latest here #123

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish Juan would ask ALV if she has ever met with a woman claiming abuse and did not believe the woman's claims. I have a feeling that she has never met an "abused" woman that she felt was lying. I don't think that it would even matter to her. Wonder how many men have lost rights to their children for abuse they did not commit, due to her testimony?

Warning. According to HLN Defense Opening Statements to start at 3 p.m. Just a heads up. I cant take hearing JW refer to Jodie being Travis's dirty little secret :banghead:

I wonder, since ALV has had all this backlash, if she will change her tone a bit on Monday? I know she can't take back what she's already said, but I'm curious to see if anything changes.... especially when JW does re-direct.

I doubt it.. She appears to think very highly of herself ..She more than likely thinks that she is the be all, end all expert in her field and NOBODY even Juan should have the nerve to contradict her...

Actually, I LOVE seeing him make her look BAD !!!

I wonder if her characterizations of Jodi and Travis will change a little now that she knows she has provoked the outrage of not just the public but even her peers within the community of DV professionals.

Perhaps she is hoping to get more expert witness gigs at $300/hour. I just read a news story about an Arizona woman who is charged in the murder of her husband. The man was suffering from a disease. Surely he must have sent a few "abusive" text messages.

Welcome :seeya: Well this is how i do it. Scroll to the top of this page where you see your board name. Click on it. Where you see statistics click on that. It will bring up all the posts you have made. Click on that.

I never knew that, Thanks!

Especially since ALV made the comment about Martinez 'coming at her like that' - that comment sounded similar to what Jodi said about his style of questioning. He's passionate and imo has more than a right to be. Just look at the crime scene photos. That's reason enough for his anger.

I agree. I also think it's part of his strategy to have her backtrack, shake her up, and out her inconsistencies. IMO he's making a point about anger.

This witness at $250.00 hr is not doing too bad.
She has been on the stand a while now.
This has to be the first trial though, where witnesses are practically a fixture on the stand.
Also, the defendant seems to be enjoying the attention too..:( :(

I wonder, since ALV has had all this backlash, if she will change her tone a bit on Monday? I know she can't take back what she's already said, but I'm curious to see if anything changes.... especially when JW does re-direct.

IMO, she doesn't seem like someone who would switch gears easily despite her extensive experience and prowess for training lawyers on how to handle experts on the stand...in all of those mock trial situations.

She also has come off as someone incredibly slow on the uptake. Like her brain is scrambled by the manner in which JM crosses. She is a joke.

I doubt it.. She appears to think very highly of herself ..She more than likely thinks that she is the be al,l end all expert in her field and NOBODY even Juan should have the nerve to contradict her...

Actually, I LOVE seeing him make her look BAD !!!

I agree, I'm interested to see if it changes but I can easily see her imagining that she is being persecuted by a misogynist culture and if she must be the martyr for "abused" women everywhere, well then so be it.

But, when I was a trainer on DV, I dealt with the gender roles a bit differently.

I had the group compare and contrast the male leads in Gone With the Wind and Titanic. I used these because of their strong female characters (and because I love both movies :blushing:). That whole princess/prince thing didn't work for my audience in 1997. So, I wanted to show them how far we'd come, but how Intimate Partner Violence was what it was.

Now, with Rhett: He was ol' school, very sexy, and very powerful - a rake and a rough with women. It was not so much that he was abusive to Scarlett, but that her willful behavior and obsession with the weakling Ashley leads to her doom. Think about the night of the red dress. He sends her off to be humiliated at the party (after lecturing her about the virtues of the ever gentle and long-suffering, Melody), then he gets drunk and goes to brooding in the dark. Scarlett and he have it out, and he demonstrates that he could "crush" her head like a grape. Scarlett decides she's had enough and turns her back on him, but he swoops her up, climbs, the stairs, kicks open the bedroom door, and we can assume they spend a most exciting night. Talk about 50 Shades of the Old South! Abusive, marital rape? Whatever, we thought then might be seen quite differently today. In the end Scarlett sees the error of her stubborn ways, but it is too late and we are glad to see Rhett tell her he doesn't "give a damn" what becomes of her. Had it coming she did!

Fast forward to Rose, Jack, and Cal. Rose is "no picnic," to quote Jack, who sees herself being practically sold into bondage to satisfy her mother. Cal looks pretty good early on but as the story progresses this handsome, rich, and powerful gentleman slowly turns into a shouting, dish-smashing, homicidal maniac. Jack, who in a different generation might have been seen as a shifty ner' do well, is seducing Rose by offering her all the liberation her heart desires. Why, he even encourages her to "spit like a man." Meanwhile Cal is abusing his power to get himself (and Rose) a seat in the life boat ahead of even the children. He's taken care of his rival by chaining him up to drown on a sinking ship. When Rose makes a break to save Jack, Cal starts shooting -- I'll see you dead before I'll see you happy (and drown) with someone else. So here it's the gentle, sweet, and understanding Jack that in the end sacrifices his life for our difficult, promiscuous female.

Of course there is much more to consider but I'm just saying things have changed. Nowadays we can see either gender being made a victim of abuse. Nowadays what makes a man weak or strong isn't so easily scripted. But the themes remain the same when it comes to a obsession, jealousy, and love triangles. What it really boils down to is who has the power in the relationship, how do they get it, and what are they doing with it.

Something to think about in a little more modern setting.

Good post. I see the obsession as Jodi's (Travis). I see her as the jealous one. I see her with the power (sex). I see Travis as the victim. Figuratively and literally.

Thanks! But when was this and under what circumstance was this car ride? Was this on June 4th?

Yeah sure...he gave her name in an interview after he COULD'VE easily told her to pretend she was with him. I don't trust him.

And sadly I don't think a lot of corroboration was made on some of these characters because so much time had gone by by the time they figured out who was who and their potential role in all this.

I mean, they probably didn't even hear about Gus until July 15th during the interrogation, right? So that gave him 6 weeks to make up alibis with pretend people. And because this was out-of-state probably it probably put a hamper on this investigation too. Damn! I think Gus is in on this somehow. He's so shady.

Can you just clarify this incident that interested Juan enough to even bring up, please?
Thanks again!
hi, i hope this works. http://www.hlntv.com/video Arias Mystery: Who was in the car with Gus Searcy? Wed. Jan 30,2013

I noticed she aged a lot. just think about 5 years in jail having a fun time. cheeks was round ,well she looked healthy.case started the public is watching her lie and trying to decieve the world and its public she slaughtered TA in his home and she is bold and brave to say its selfdefense. .in court she came face to face with her own lies she is turning into a very grim wicked looking person ,like her evil she tried to hide on the inside is showing on her face now.

The obvious change in Jodi's looks reminds me of the novel "The Picture of Dorian Gray".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Picture_of_Dorian_Gray

I must preface this post by thanking all of you here at Websleuths for the generous sharing of limitless knowledge, perspectives, and personal life experiences! I feel so honored to be here! On the other hand, having just found WS and joined at the tail end of March (wasn't even a lurker), trying to get caught up on everything is overwhelming, to say the least. So please bear with me if I ask old questions, or want to discuss old issues, and if you can refer me to a relevant thread or post, I would greatly appreciate it!!!
:baby: :tyou: :baby:

Now for the question currently on my mind: It's my understanding that JA's story about being tied to the bed posts on June 4, 2008 has already been refuted in court... TA had a sleigh bed, and therefore there were no bed posts. So why would any self-respecting DT "expert" witness keep talking about it as if it actually happened? Is it simply for the same reason that they continue to refer to JA's journal entries as truthful and valid, not written by a proven pathological liar?

Furthermore, are the journal entries validated before they are submitted as evidence, to rule out the real possibility that JA altered, wrote and/or inserted the entries after-the-fact? TIA!

What in the hel* made jod ever think anyone would believe this story:floorlaugh:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

That interview with Jodi's BFF last night was god awful. Not that I should expect anything else from NG. Total fluff and nonsense. The girl sounded completely stoned and all she said over and over was that it was heartbreaking. Nobody gives a rat's *advertiser censored** how she feels... pull up your pants and ask her some direct questions like what the heck she discussed with Jodi when she visited her in jail.

ITA, my DH & I watched it and I said to him she sounded drunk - and - did you notice she sounded like she had a fake, put-on, little girl voice like JA does?

If she is the same age as JA, 32, why does she sound that way? It was just disgusting to watch. NG certainly was gentle with her too, she always is when it serves NG's purpose. Nancy Grace - Advocate for Justice when it serves her ratings.:facepalm:

Alyce LaViolette, M.S., MFCC
Anger Management, Domestic Violence Counseling for Survivors and Perpetrators,
Gender Issues, and Expert Witness

http://www.alycelaviolette.com/Speaking-Schedule.htm

Just look at her speaking schedule, it goes back to 2008.
Full of herself?
Wouldn't you have an updated/current schedule? I would.

It's like her resume/cv............. too long to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams