weekend break: discuss the latest here #123

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome :seeya: Well this is how i do it. Scroll to the top of this page where you see your board name. Click on it. Where you see statistics click on that. It will bring up all the posts you have made. Click on that.

Thank you, Bravo. That is helpful -- somewhat; but I don't see a place where I can find if there were any replies to my posts (not that I think that I have merited any replies, but just in case, I don't want to be seen as rude by seeming to ignore them).

I think almost everything in her journal was about Travis, which to me shows just how obsessed she was with him. It's obvious her entire world revolved around him. She was totally an obsessed stalker, IMO.

I never knew such a trial where so many times word was spoken as JOURNALS are in this one..

:rage: also maybe she wrote things that are not even close to being true? Wrote things to sound good no matter if a lie or not?
She has been known to lie after :what:all.

I have become fixated on these journals, because I just know they were rewritten. Would she have needed to rewrite the 2007, or just the 2008? I can't recall whether entries from 2007 were used in court. Anyone??

It would seem a lot to write from the time of the murder (or maybe the beginning of premeditation) until her arrest, but I think in-jail would be almost impossible. Plus she was very keen for Flores to receive those journals during her interrogation.

1. Does the jail allow journal writing in the cell?
2. How would she then be able to get it (or them) into evidence?

Wilmott and Nurmi obviously have no consciousness of guilt when it comes to the twisting and manipulating of words and facts, but it's a different story to enter known false journals into evidence. I would think that would not be worth their licences.

She would have to smuggle it (them) out to Mum or MM, who would then discover same to present to the lawyers.

I dunno, but it was done somehow.

I agree! Obviously she thought they'd be read or why bother with all the nonsense entries after TA was found dead? It wouldn't be difficult to create one journal in a couple of days and she had lots of time before being arrested. Also didn't Paul Sterns, who loaned her money just before June 2nd, say she spent all her time writing in her journal in the bar/restaurant? Some of the mistakes she makes and words she crosses out, the few I've seen, look like the sort of mistakes you make when you're copying rather than writing. And the handwriting looks too consistent ......

:seeya: Snow White -- LOL ! I was going to check the Disney Channels this weekend to see if they will be showing any Snow White movies ...

:floorlaugh:

Last night after I watched my DVR recording of Juan, I was going through the guide and Snow White and the Huntsman was showing on HBO.

I wish Juan would ask ALV if she has ever met with a woman claiming abuse and did not believe the woman's claims. I have a feeling that she has never met an "abused" woman that she felt was lying. I don't think that it would even matter to her. Wonder how many men have lost rights to their children for abuse they did not commit, due to her testimony?

I now think Miss ALV is cunning enough to lie and say "why, yes Mr. Martinez, I have". I think now she will say opposite of what he wants her to say, just because. She seems that obstinate to me. Gone is the nice grandma. But I also have all the confidence in the world JM will handle her just fine.

I must be the only loser who cant get that cnn link to work..

Oh Lordy I remember that ride and IIRC - it was in fact quite scary. Or maybe that was "Mr. Toad's Wild Ride" which whipped my head around and my sunglasses flew off. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I loved Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, too! It's not at WDW any more :(

There is a very nice, moderately-priced Chardonnay called Toad Hollow. I always call it "Mr. Toad's Wild Chardonnay" :lol:

I agree! Obviously she thought they'd be read or why bother with all the nonsense entries after TA was found dead? It wouldn't be difficult to create one journal in a couple of days and she had lots of time before being arrested. Also didn't Paul Sterns, who loaned her money just before June 2nd, say she spent all her time writing in her journal in the bar/restaurant? Some of the mistakes she makes and words she crosses out, the few I've seen, look like the sort of mistakes you make when you're copying rather than writing. And the handwriting looks too consistent ......

I agree. The handwriting looks different to me than some of her earlier entries.

Thanks to all who replied. Didn't realize there were more than one licensing boards in California for psychology/psychotherapist's. Wonder what the difference is?

I must preface this post by thanking all of you here at Websleuths for the generous sharing of limitless knowledge, perspectives, and personal life experiences! I feel so honored to be here! On the other hand, having just found WS and joined at the tail end of March (wasn't even a lurker), trying to get caught up on everything is overwhelming, to say the least. So please bear with me if I ask old questions, or want to discuss old issues, and if you can refer me to a relevant thread or post, I would greatly appreciate it!!!
:baby: :tyou: :baby:

Now for the question currently on my mind: It's my understanding that JA's story about being tied to the bed posts on June 4, 2008 has already been refuted in court... TA had a sleigh bed, and therefore there were no bed posts. So why would any self-respecting DT "expert" witness keep talking about it as if it actually happened? Is it simply for the same reason that they continue to refer to JA's journal entries as truthful and valid, not written by a proven pathological liar?

Furthermore, are the journal entries validated before they are submitted as evidence, to rule out the real possibility that JA altered, wrote and/or inserted the entries after-the fact? TIA!

I think (not certain) that her diaries were collected at the time of arrest when a search warrant was served on the grandparents' home.
Doesn't mean they aren't fabrications, just that she wrote them in the days and weeks immediately before/after the murder.

Thank you, Bravo. That is helpful -- somewhat; but I don't see a place where I can find if there were any replies to my posts (not that I think that I have merited any replies, but just in case, I don't want to be seen as rude by seeming to ignore them).
Search > Advanced Search > Type User Name into Keyword box > Scroll down to the bottom and choose Show Results as Posts. You can also choose the sub forum if a lot of results come up.

Go up to the top of the page. Above the posts you'll see "search this thread" Open that and put in your name, any posts that quoted you will show up

I thought Juan showed the post mortem pics of Travis during his opening statement, but having just watching the OS, I didn't see it. Did he show them? TIA
I know the jurors got to see them all at some point - when was that?

Turned hln off. Can't listen to the DT carp again

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I must preface this post by thanking all of you here at Websleuths for the generous sharing of limitless knowledge, perspectives, and personal life experiences! I feel so honored to be here! On the other hand, having just found WS and joined at the tail end of March (wasn't even a lurker), trying to get caught up on everything is overwhelming, to say the least. So please bear with me if I ask old questions, or want to discuss old issues, and if you can refer me to a relevant thread or post, I would greatly appreciate it!!!
:baby: :tyou: :baby:

Now for the question currently on my mind: It's my understanding that JA's story about being tied to the bed posts on June 4, 2008 has already been refuted in court... TA had a sleigh bed, and therefore there were no bed posts. So why would any self-respecting DT "expert" witness keep talking about it as if it actually happened? Is it simply for the same reason that they continue to refer to JA's journal entries as truthful and valid, not written by a proven pathological liar?

Furthermore, are the journal entries validated before they are submitted as evidence, to rule out the real possibility that JA altered, wrote and/or inserted the entries after-the fact? TIA!

:welcome4:

As to your question, I know it was discussed at length about having a sleigh bed and tying someone up....certain WS'rs shared that "yes, it can be done". I can't point you to the discussion because it was on one of many, many, many trial day threads but you might do a search for "sleigh bed".

I also think that is part of the fabricated lie about the tying up incident wherein Jodi stated the rope was like 900 fee long or something. Not really that long, but the way she described it stretching from the bedroom to the bathroom made us think it had been long enough to circle the globe twice.

Lies, all lies.

I had previously missed the fact that the lying torture murderess first told the detectives that not only was she not there on June 4, and couldn't have murdered Travis, but that they should be investigating Travis's former roommate, Thomas Brown.

How many people does this woman hate and seek to punish with her lies?

What had Thomas Brown ever done to her?

Refused her sexual advances?

Unwilling to pay for them?

Why did she hate him, too?

Was the 9mm she bought to be used for killing Thomas Brown, and then she could blame Travis's murder on him?

Looks like we have ourselves Bobby Juarez's vampiress and ALV's domestic abuser all rolled into one Mormon PPL gold-digger.

Motion of Mistrial? - Monday

Last night Jon Stewart, The Daily Show, did a segment on CNN. They showed HLN's re-enactment of the crime as an example. What are the chances that a juror wanting to release is watching TDS and then wham there is Ryan Smith <edited out Mike Brooks ... not enough java> with a knife illustrating the 9 stab wounds & slashed throat. prejudicial?

http://on.cc.com/10CkdL6

Thanks. Much needed LOLing by me!

I had previously missed the fact that the lying torture murderess first told the detectives that not only was she not there on June 4, and couldn't have murdered Travis, but that they should be investigating Travis's former roommate, Thomas Brown.

How many people does this woman hate and seek to punish with her lies?

What had Thomas Brown ever done to her?

Refused her sexual advances?

Unwilling to pay for them?

Why did she hate him, too?

Was the 9mm she bought to be used for killing Thomas Brown, and then she could blame Travis's murder on him?

Looks like we have ourselves Bobby Juarez's vampiress and ALV's domestic abuser all rolled into one Mormon PPL gold-digger.

I didn't know that till I watched the opening statements today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams