weekend break: discuss the latest here #123

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
am i wrong or is JM calling TWO computer guys in rebuttal? i know he"ll establish there was no *advertiser censored* on TA's computer. just wondering if there's more.

did the state ever get hold of JA's hard drive? do we know for sure there was no way to recover any info from it?

Why would JM do this? The only testimony in court was that it involved a picture on TA's bed. The DT couldn't offer any proof.

Just wondering if this is a good strategic move for the PT to pursue.

Sorry if this has been covered, but does MM have a criminal record?
Would that be searchable in public records? Just curious.

I searched California and Arizona and didn't find anything. Didn't check any other state though.

The one question I have found difficult to understand , especially in the wake of LV's DV testimony is this:

If Jodie was in fact an abused women and in fear of her life why does she not keep running to get away.

I mean she states she did not think the gun was loaded so going back to confront Travis with it was stupid and senseless.

In her earlier testimony JM asked her something like "so you never looked back to see where Travis was--this man who said "****ing kill you?
Her answer was "no I just wanted to get away, I really did not care about where he was"-(-Obviously this is paraphrased.)

....So she is contradicting herself in saying, on one hand "She just wanted to get away" and on the other hand had enough guts (to go back to the source of her fear (not to kill him, but to scare him).

This just makes crazy JA sense--If it truly was self defense her first answer of
"just running for her life" would be the right one.

I think she screws up when she takes time to get the gun, go back to confront JA, and takes the chance , especially if the gun is never loaded, to get killed herself??

This is , IMO, the reason I say it was premeditated--of course along with all the other pre-planning. Self-defense??? Think it was a little too much "OVERKILL".:moo:

Agreed!!! She is explaining everything away adding things in brackets to explain more....who does that in their journal???:banghead:

Maybe that's why they weren't allowed into evidence and why the DA keeps referring to them as "articles"?

LOL

They really do sound very contrived to fit.

moo

How ironic that Travis supposedly thought that "Hinckley" or "Regan" would be good names for girls, two names that may bring to mind an insane shooting.

I think her diary is for, in part, for show. It's as if she's always asking herself, "What if someone sees this?"

Not only that but Iris was the name of the young prostitute played by Jodie Foster in the 1976 movie Taxi Driver - and Hinckley said he shot Reagan to get the attention of Jodie Foster, and in the movie Robert DeNiro tries to shoot a politician to get the attention of his love interest...

ALV testified that JA's finger was broken. To me, that simple solitary statement shows that she is either complicit or gullible. I want to see x-rays. I wish there were a way to force JA to have her hand x-rayed. Not that the insane volume of proven lies is not enough for me already. But that finger thing— just bugs the heck out of me for some reason!

Not only that but Iris was the name of the young prostitute played by Jodie Foster in the 1976 movie Cab Driver - and Hinckley said he shot Reagan to get the attention of Jodie Foster, and in the movie Robert DeNiro tries to shoot a politician to get the attention of his love interest...

Ohhhh, nice catch.

Which means she's spending Sunday with the DT before getting back on the stand Monday.

Either that or too many attendees cancelled...maybe both.

Are they all getting paid for this?

She is so out of date, I can't believe she made the Snow White presentation in 2010, this is still the kind of thinking that was around 20+ years ago and more ...

From this incredible book: The Uses of Enchantment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia to this one: http://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/981745-women-who-run-with-the-wolves .. who didn't take those frameworks when writing essays or giving speeches at Uni, I know I did, but that was years ago. Her feminist thinking is way out of date, I can't imagine someone giving a lecture about Snow White in this day and age, can you imagine modern girls listening to that with a straight face?

This is feminist reading that was around just before ALV gave her Snow White lecture, this is a book about women today (or women a few years ago, probably also now outdated).

Female Chauvinist Pigs: Women and the Rise of Raunch Culture: Ariel Levy: 9780743284288: Amazon.com: Books

Point is, she's out of touch, her mindset is stuck in a patriarchal past, she's not open minded to possibilities beyond the thinking structure she put together in the late 60s, which makes her view of relationships biased beyond logic, and not credible. The jury would see it, I hope Juan doesn't spend too long on it, because I don't think he needs to. But then, better to be safe than sorry hey Ashton :)

^^^LOL, I agree.

Somebody needs to remind LaV that Woodstock is gone, passé, no more... she seems to be stuck in a time warp, lmao.

In the Opening Juan says the same day the gun was stolen Jodi sent Travis an email at 9:25pm. It mentions that he is going to Cancun. It was the first mention of Cancun in any of their texts, iM etc. it was clear she knew he was going and going w/o her..
IIRC, Jodi and Travis discussed his Cancun trip on the May 10 sex tape. They were trying to figure out when he'd be able to get to Yreka to visit her in between all of his upcoming travels.

I also find it odd that she left her journals in the safe.....didn't she say that she always takes them with her? so why weren't they packed up in that rental car for wherever she was planning on going....because she WANTED them found..
Ah ha!
:snowball:

Since JA and TA exchanged passwords..it would be interesting to know how many times TA used JA's password vs how many times JA used TAs password... I would guess that Travis never signed on to any of JAs accounts.

Don't mean to poke fun at you, but I doubt that they ever exchanged passwords. I think this is another one of JA's lies.

TA knew JA for six months before they were an official couple and that lasted for less than four months. He was a player, so it just does not make sense for him to ever give her his passwords and be able to see everything.

Likewise, JA had a very big thing about privacy bordering on paranoia about people snooping in her things.

It just does not make any logical sense to me that this couple would have exchanged passwords.

I'm sure this has been asked several times today so I apologize. Are the Journal entries available to read and if yes, where might I find them? Thanks in advance.

I also find it odd that she left her journals in the safe.....didn't she say that she always takes them with her? so why weren't they packed up in that rental car for wherever she was planning on going....because she WANTED them found..
Ah ha!
:snowball:

ALV testified that JA's finger was broken. To me, that simple solitary statement shows that she is either complicit or gullible. I want to see x-rays. I wish there were a way to force JA to have her hand x-rayed. Not that the insane volume of proven lies is not enough for me already. But that finger thing— just bugs the heck out of me for some reason!
I'm sure it's bothering someone on the jury as well. They might be questioning the same thing...If it was broken, why not show us the x-ray?

moo

Travis was a cleanie. No way he would have shattered a cd-rom against a wall.

That's what I mean...Travis never did this...but like a true sociopath, jodi gave us a hint with this story. Not to mentiontion...its virtually impossible to shatter a Cd by just throwing it....if that had even remotely happened. CSI would have found evidence.

I'm just saying that there is something up with the computer (jodis or Travis)...or an external hard drive ...or a cd-rom....or a zip drive. Jodi alluded to it. There's something there. And its BAD for HER case! Moo.

Don't mean to poke fun at you, but I doubt that they ever exchanged passwords. I think this is another one of JA's lies.

TA knew JA for six months before they were an official couple and that lasted for less than four months. He was a player, so it just does not make sense for him to ever give her his passwords and be able to see everything.

Likewise, JA had a very big thing about privacy bordering on paranoia about people snooping in her things.

It just does not make any logical sense to me that this couple would have exchanged passwords.

Don't mean to poke fun at you either gcharlie, but the only person who has testified that TA and JA were ever "official" is JA. Even the dates (start and finish) are hers and only hers.

moo

ETA - I agree with you about the passwords.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crackerjack82