weekend break: discuss the latest here #123

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
watching flores again reminded me of a question i had.

they arrested her when they saw her in the rented car, right? they were afraid she was going to run.

is there ANYWHERE in the interrogation tapes where they talk about that? does he ask her what she was doing?

I don't know as far as Jodi's interrogation but in the interview between Flores and Jodi's dad, her dad said she had made statements that she needed to leave and that she bought a gun because, to paraphrase, "where I'm going I'm going to need protection." (Hello, Mexico!)

How ironic that Travis supposedly thought that "Hinckley" or "Regan" would be good names for girls, two names that may bring to mind an insane shooting.

I think her diary is for, in part, for show. It's as if she's always asking herself, "What if someone sees this?"

Not "what if" - it is written solely for public consumption, phrased carefully to make herself sound unaware, and shocked at what happened to Travis.

I don't know as far as Jodi's interrogation but in the interview between Flores and Jodi's dad, her dad said she had made statements that she needed to leave and that she bought a gun because, to paraphrase, "where I'm going I'm going to need protection." (Hello, Mexico!)

...or killing rampage

I don't think she believed she'd ever actually be charged when she re-wrote the journals, just that they'd want to see them -- something she'd look forward to anyway, being so wonderfully narcissistic.

and i do believe she rewrote them. jodi and all her little pens.

she practically begged them to find her journals. that's not an accident.

ITA Anagrammy. Thanks button wasn't doing it.......awesome post!

Been thinking about LaV's testimony. At the beginning of direct, she made a few statements about "abusive" people and their communication style in conflicts; she said something like "abusive" people scold as if they are talking to a child, became parental in tone and infantalize the other person. Well, this is exactly what she did when in cross she said to JM, "Mr. Martinez are you angry with me?" in her condescending, I've-learned-how-to-be-a-good-parent tone. Then she again did this when she said,"I'd like you to talk to me the same way I talk to you," just as a parent might say to a child.
IMO she also pulled some "character assassination" on JM when she said, "Mr. Martinez, do you want me to tell the truth or not", directly implying that he was a prosecutor who was interested in hiding the truth.
See, LaV? You can claim anyone, even a "DV Expert", is abusive if you take their words, twist them, and assign your own (or a liar's) motivation to them!
Wish JM would start each and every question with "Mrs. LaViollette" come Monday - at least until she quits her condescending, "Mr. Martinez."
Ok, my rant is done.... for now.

Emphasis on the Mrs.!:floorlaugh:

i'd like to know how the hard drive on the accused's computer can be kept from the state??!! that's why it stuck in my mind---i thought that just couldn't be right.

probably there are entries somewhere that say 'i killed travis'. something's up, that's for sure.

Time stamps? Jodi says they were on the computer at certain times. BS lie, IMO. Jodi was on there checking out stuff. It would also show Jodi logged in under her own passwords, back and forth sending/replying to messages sent from Travis' accounts, her personal banking, mapquest, maybe looking up crime scene cleanup?

:truce: Obviously I'm not a comp virtuoso.

yep, for sure. i just thought it was weird flores didn't get that on video.

With the electronic technology, I am curious about what the upcoming forensic expert's testimony is going to be on rebuttal. I think that hackings and possible blackmail may be behind JA's motive, not jealousy. She'd been through him playing the field for quite a while and was now living in CA again. Jealousy does not make sense to me. I think it was much deeper; flat out rejection of her in any way shape or form with the possibility of exposure to all she knew.

Those long phone calls her made to her on 6/2 must have been explosive.

If you go back and read the text of 5/10 where TA is angry with her, he talks about money and is impatient for her to pay him back. It appears that she does not have a job yet "I haven't forgotten about my obligations to you and I've been consistently checking back on my applications." If she was working when she took her trip, it could not have been for more than three weeks. We don't know what texts were exchanged with Ryan Burns between in the two weeks after 5/10, but on 5/27, ALV testifies that JA's journal mentions plans to see Ryan. The day after the "sociopath" text from TA. This trip is mentioned again on 5/30 and 6/1, where JA writes about TA guilting her about going to UT and wants her to stop by AZ. TA knows about the trip because JA told him about it in a phone conversation that day, per ALV, but there are no records of phone calls on that day.

JA did not have the money to take that trip on 6/2 and IMO there was one reason and one reason only for doing so, and that was to kill Travis with Ryan being her alibi.

The 6/1 journal entry is very long, so much so that I put that in my notes.

Contrary to what Dr. Samuels told us, these journals do contain a lot of writing that I would consider negative and most of what we are seeing is negative about Travis. So much so for the Laws of Attraction. Given her writings about being naughty and going all the way, we can also say good bye to the testimony that the journal were being kept in the Mormon tradition for posterity.

Makes me even angrier with these expert witnesses.

:steamed:

If anyone else remembers hearing this, please post! I saw Vinnie P one evening last week make a reference to JA's blog, not her journals. In it she wrote about not believing in the Law Of Attraction any longer. I think she made a comment that she stopped believing in it maybe six months prior. It was right there in the blog, they showed a screen shot of it. Anyone else remember?

I want to see more of the parents interrogations
I think we will learn a lot more....

I would very much like to inspect the Arias journal entry for June 1, 2008 because of the proximity to her crime. I don't know what I would see in the script, the margins, the cross-outs but I think that entry would be revealing. One fact we know~she was already incensed & motivated on June 1. She had already taken the items, including the gun from her grandfather's home, remaining away just long enough. Returning to "discover" there had been a "burglary". Surely other features in her plan were forming.

Matt M could have helped her in that department - I bet he knows a thing or two about hacking etc... he would never betray Arias remember? Matt is her ally... maybe that is one of the things that she is holding over Matt? I wouldn't be surprised.

Sorry if this has been covered, but does MM have a criminal record?
Would that be searchable in public records? Just curious.

That's what stuck out to me too. Maybe there was simply nothing probative there, who knows?

oh, i think it was something very prejudicial----so much so, the defense argued against it coming in and they won.

if this is even the case. like i said, i have a vague memory of this happening, but i'm old and can't be sure!

LOL.

If anyone else remembers hearing this, please post! I saw Vinnie P one evening last week make a reference to JA's blog, not her journals. In it she wrote about not believing in the Law Of Attraction any longer. I think she made a comment that she stopped believing in it maybe six months prior. It was right there in the blog, they showed a screen shot of it. Anyone else remember?

Apologies to anyone here that believes in the Law of Attraction but that is exactly the kind of new agey, prey on the desperate and weak minded charlatanism that I just despise. Every time I hear the words I cringe.

Well we already know she looked at his accounts, she already confessed that to Detective Flores on one of the phone interviews they had before she was arrested.

Just how much she looked at his accounts and when will be interesting to know, hopefully we will learn more during Juan's rebuttal case.

Sorry if this has been covered, but does MM have a criminal record?
Would that be searchable in public records? Just curious.

It would be but you'd have to know in what county he was charged.

I'm calling it a day. Reading the journal entries make me sick to my stomach.

Goodnight all you beautiful Websleuthers! YOU ARE ALL BRILLIANT & SO COMPASSIONATE! YOU ROCK!

:seeya:

I think it is evident based on her testiphony and the way she handled herself on the stand during cross.

How does one go from being a know-it-all DV expert to someone who can't even understand simple questions?

ALV has no problem understanding questions. She's just playing a game, just like JA did. She's obfuscating, obstructing, turning things around and trying to manipulate the prosecutor. With her smart *advertiser censored* comments, smirks and sarcasm, she shows disrespect for the Court, AND she is doing the hyper-literal nit-picking interpretations of the questions in order to confuse and control.

She and her "client" have a lot in common. I find ALV repulsive (or repugnant or both). Just another sell-out wh*** jumping on the Jodi gravy train. She's sickening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crackerjack82