weekend break: discuss the latest here #124

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, her Mom had rented her a car the day she was arrested. I think JA was going to make a break for it and the police arrested her.

How do you know this? Where did the information come from?

I don't think JA ever intended to take the camera with her. I think she believed that the photo deletion and washing machine would remove all the photo evidence.

IMO, everything she took away and dumped/burned/disappeared was something that she took with her - the gun and the knife and her bloody clothes. And that's also why I think the "rope" never existed. If it was rope Travis bought, she would have left it there.

Also I know it's been said here before, but if that was Travis' gun.....why in the hell would she take it?! It's just not logical.

Lol, I tend to think the Cleavers lived in the wrong neighborhood. They belonged in Stepford, CT. June would have fit right in there!
Seriously, I always found shows like that and Father Knows Best, and that other one - Ozzie and Harriet? That whole genre of "perfect family life" left more folks mentally damaged than those where the main characters were more shall we say, colorful? I know plenty of families like the Honeymooners, the Arnez's, even the Munsters - and I don't know of any like the Cleavers!

Eta: no, I think you are on to something. I do remember one mother on my block who was extremely passive. When all of her kids had grown and left the nest, she left her husband and I remember my Mom telling me that everyone knew she was abused all those years. So there you go, maybe Ward was abusive...

The night Ricky Nelson died it was a cold, wet and miserable night here in North Texas. We had friends going to the New Years party where he was to play. His plane crashed up in De Kalb.

For those oldies goodies here...we'll be always be young at heart.

[video=youtube;9hrwJvdPtwI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hrwJvdPtwI&list=RD020janfcZ8LUw&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

The biggest crock is if Travis really wanted to kill her (according to Jodi) he had a knife and a gun three steps in either direction from where he was standing at the shower. When Jodi was running down the hall it was she who doubled back and went for the gun (she claims). It was Travis' house. If his intent was to kill her and he said so why wouldn't he have gone for the gun, or the knife?

And that is exactly what JM should ask the expert. If a guy the size of TA wanted to kill JA he could have if he had a gun and a knife handy.
You hit the nail on the head.

Lets see Who had a knife and a gun handy?? I think maybe the only answer to that is the Defendant.

Well if she is naiive and slow and gullible.....sounds like someone that needs some empathy.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Still doesn't excuse enabling behaviors that are clearly needing interventions. Sandy didn't murder Travis but she was willing to help his killer escape from the law. She was willing to help in destroying the only thing left of him, his character.

I was reading about Betty Broderick and she was diagnosed with: Histrionic personality disorder (HPD). Sounds like Jodi! This is one that i've never looked at.
***The first trial for BB was a hung jury, the second she was sentenced to two consecutive terms of 15 years to life.

JM asked Jodi several times about whether she attended the Monday night gathering of her singles ward, and she claimed she had to work. I'd love for JM in rebuttal to prove she not only didn't work Monday, but that her phone records indicate she was watching outside/tracking Travis at his Monday ward meeting, i.e. Travis leaves for the meeting [ring*ring], he leaves the meeting [ring*ring', he arrives at the after-meeting gathering place [ring*ring], he shows attention to one girl in particular [ring*ring*ring*ring*ring*ring*ring], he arrives home [ring*ring].
I am curious if Jodi ever did anything with her ward!
Regardless of how she claims to have recorded it, it's very inexpensive ($16.95 on Amazon right now) to buy a little Sony earbud microphone that records both sides of a conversation from a cell phone or regular phone. Doesn't even require any batteries.

And Travis asking her to record that conversation is right up there with unicorns and the tooth fairy. :facepalm:
Radio shack also sells a device for under $25 as well.
I agree Travis was groggy and 1/2 asleep. He would never want to listen to that tape again. It was BORING!!
BUT IMO proved premeditation based on the songs she was singing to him.
She had already decided his fate...
and sang to him and mappedit all outfor us, we just aren't supposed to figure it out because she is smarter than everyone!

DB's wife was remarrying and moving there and he relocated to be close to his son. JA tagged along.
I'd love to see what she would say about JA on the stand!

Wow, that link to Jodi's journal written on May 22nd, cough! Jodi's handwriting is sloppy compared to when she said Travis "broke" her finger. Hmm, wonder if she was playing catch up with a cut tendon and other cut up fingers, creating alibis.
~respectfully snipped. The ones I saw that she wrote after Travis
was murdered were VERY messy... compared to before she killed him.
I want to read all of her journals then again I am afraid it might open a "door" to evil! :gasp:

She likely ran out of tears long ago.

I wish I could do that! It would come in handy for me.
My mom has been dead almost 13 years and I still cry when I wake up and before I go to sleep... I get it already!!! I miss her... just wish I could NOT cry now...
geez!!!

I still disagree with your point about washing machines. Your washing machines might have been this way, but I have never in my life using any washer from my parents to my sisters to my own to laundry mats, ever had a problem with anything banging in the washer. The spinner in the middle doesn't go all the way around to allow for that in a down loading washer. It only spins at the end to wring out the water and again the speed it's going during the spin, doesn't allow items to move.

If the camera was snug in the sheets, it wouldn't be moving and banging. I have washed big nylon dog bones and rawhides ones because my huskies have them tangled in the sheets, balls, whatever--and I never hear them banging in the washer. In the dryer, yes. In the washer, no.
It had been said I am sure... TA had a top loader, I have a HE front loader... :hypno: that camera would have been beat to heck and back! When it spins it sounds like a helicopter taking off! I keep waiting for it to shoot through the roof like Willy Wonka one day!:shocked2:

My washer is sneaky too! It can open a pack of gum... pull every dang piece out of the pack and when it's in a "good mood" it won't even unwrap them...
other times there is gum EVERYWHERE!!! :gum:~ thank you son!
Not once did I observe Dr. Horn respond anyway but professional and knowledgable. As for ALV, bristly isn't the word I would use to describe her behavior and personal biased opinions she was attempting to pass off as a professional opinion.

Yet he never got "confused", he was never asked about his "memory" or if he had "feelings" for the defendant...

My my it is just so easy to tell the TRUTH! :thumb:

Well if she is naiive and slow and gullible.....sounds like someone that needs some empathy.

I think Jodi was born "very" different and I am not sure how many parents would have been prepared to deal with her. The siblings seem perfectly normal and actually quite nice. The young brother sounds sweet and I don't see the "Jodi complex" in the other kids. All raised by the same parents.

I am not excusing if behavior was enabled but woah, I think in many houses parents enable behaviors they should not. We just don't have a crystal ball about 18 years into the future what horror they may commit.. And then the 12 factor.. having some semblance of control until your child is 12 and then it can start to go south on you. Sometimes. 13+ especially if there is something wrong and there was with her.

There are a lot of victims in her path and sadly for Travis and his family they are truly the innocent victims.

But her family not excluded. It is hard to see the storm in front of you, and when you do, you might not know what to do, who to call. As we can see, she is quite difficult to control. Her friends could not, parents could not, grandparents could not and trust me, Travis did not control her like ALV is claiming.

Absolutely not, this girl drives her own train.

This girl will not pull the wool over Dr Phil's eyes. He may be trying to form a relationship with her parents so that he might get to interview Jodi. I don't think it is such a bad thing to have Dr. Phil, Dr Drew do an interview with her, even if it was in private. (he may also want to help them understand their daughter)

I'd love to know what they think. But I feel confident they don't think she is innocent, they might be intrigued by how many screws are loose upstairs.

There is definitely a morbid curiosity to want to talk to someone like that.. I even have it. (albeit I want security nearby)

After catching a few snippets of his interview with the Anthony's I don't have much hope of him addressing those issues.

god i hope...or the decision to go forward with this

There is a case (Mark Jensen convicted of the murder of his wife) where an expert got on the stand on behalf of the defense, and when the prosecution showed him some evidence that showed the wife was not suicidal, he said he hadn't seen it before and would probably change his analysis. Short of that, I think she's stuck. She signed a contract, got paid, not much she can do except admit she's wrong on the stand.

:welcome:

Greetings from Australia...
I have just started following this case for the last few months and it is blowing my tiny little mind...
As a study in human behaviour and cultural perceptions it is a doozy!!
What amazes me is the way so many people involved are sculpting JA(herself included) into a form that suits their own world view...from JA after the murder to DF onwards up to the recent testimony of ALV...
Unless JA comes clean with an explanation we will never truly know what motivated her to commit such an atrocious act. It's incredible to me we have her in the court room perfectly able to express herself and yet others are being asked to speak on her behalf as though they could even pretend to know her. Her mother doesn't even really know her.
In Australia we have a system where a committal hearing is held before the trial to determine whether something should go to trial. Do you have that in the US? Pardon my ignorance. At that stage I just wish the judge could have said, No lady, your defence is a load of... and there is no evidence for what you are purporting.
I can't watch the trial because I don't have unlimited Internet but have been reading and watching all I can.
CAN'T WAIT FOR THE CROSS!!!!

I don't know who rented the car but in his interview with Flores, Jodi's dad stated that she had told them she needed to leave because, paraphrasing, "I'm going to be blamed for something I didn't do," and that she needed a gun because, "where I'm going, I'll need protection." (Mexico)

Testing was performed. By Dr. Samuels. And we know how
that went

No, I mean by someone through the maricopa county jail system.

Oh I'm sure she didn't know it would be like this (in terms of media). I'm sure she's horrified that she was disinvited to that conference.

BBM. Agreed. Whether it was cancelled because the forum didn't want her, or because most of the audience wanted their money back, or because they got some kind of threats, it had to be a wake up call.

I was reading about Betty Broderick and she was diagnosed with: Histrionic personality disorder (HPD). Sounds like Jodi! This is one that i've never looked at.
***The first trial for BB was a hung jury, the second she was sentenced to two consecutive terms of 15 years to life.

And she was convicted of second degree murder. Wrong count, if you ask me.

The way her dad says in a real "dad" moment to Det Flores... as he leans in... "they were gettin along so good"

Very genuine, there is not an ounce of blame on Travis in the voice of either parent if you notice. They seem pretty horrified their daughter did this to that "young man".

They are miles away from even asking what he may have done.. They didn't go there.. basically both blurted right out "OMG OMG OMG Jodi has mental problems"

They are not questioning anything Travis did. I do feel for them.

I would be very disappointed if that changed. I can be supportive of them if they just stick with the truth. If they go down the dark path, no.

Det. Flores report. They had put surveillance on her fearing that she may try to run. Over the 24 hours Jodi was being watched at her grandparents house LE saw Sandy deliver the vehicle and packing items in the car.

i really hope it's not true that normal people don't know how to open the hood of a car.

I certainly "know" how to open one, but the last time I tried I couldn't get the lever to work. :floorlaugh: Got some serious eyerolling from my son the mechanic.

DB's wife was remarrying and moving there and he relocated to be close to his son. JA tagged along.

Wish I could talk to Darryl's ex. She must've met Jodi. It's common for mothers to have concerns about who their children will be exposed to, under custody arrangement, at dad's house. Can they trust this person with their child? It's actually quite frightening, in this case, and bet his son's mother had a fit when she found out Jodi had committed such a horrific crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams