weekend break: discuss the latest here #124

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look at his right foot in the background that will help orient you to better see what you are looking at in that picture.

Is his rt foot in the lower right corner of photo?

BBM

Plain and simple answer?
They were not for her protection.
They were concealed to transport to another location.

moo

Oh, I know. That was my attempt at typed sarcasm. I guess I failed. Oy, we need sarcasm and cynical fonts and/or smileys!

Thanks.
I presume that's Pros. statement.

Has DT said anything about it?

No, that is my statement. Lol.

I don't think the DT has tried to explain any of the photos. They fall under the general "Fog" explanation.

Thanks.
How does this prove dragging?
And if JA took it--one hand was on the camera, yes?

The camera was on the floor upside down, LE testified on the original orientation of the pictures, somehow the shutter button got bumped just enough to take that pic and another one upside down in the hallway.

Tonight I have been watching JA on the stand being interrogated by JM -- day 21 she brought up again the story of being choked until she was unconscious. Of course there was no police report, no pictures, no evidence etc.

This choking business pises me off to no end!

In the mid 80's, I was married to a man that I was physically and emotionally abused by. I reported it every time, went to court and had a restraining order. While we were separated, he stalked me continuously. One night while my daughter and I were upstairs asleep, he broke down the door to our townhouse. When I woke up hearing all of the terrible noise of the door, I ran to the top of the stairs to find him running up the stairs with this look of Satan on his face.

Over a period of what seemed like a couple of hours, I was beaten and choked 3 different times...the last time I became unconscious.

Now let me tell you, when a person is choked, it is not what it looks like on tv.
When I was fighting for air and trying to keep the pressure off of my neck...all of the blood vessels in the whites of my eyes burst as well as blood vessels all over my face. I lost control of my bowels and peed the bed. By the Grace of God, I regained consciousness. I don't know how long I was out, but long enough for my ex to take his clothes off, get into the bed beside me and fall asleep.

I was scared to death of awakening him, but managed to sneak out of the bed and get out. I ran to a friend's house to call the police...AGAIN. On the way out, I passed a mirror and have never forgotten what my face and eyes looked like.

Remember, this was back in the 80's, and the police could not arrest someone unless they had evidence that I had been hurt. Well now, finally they had evidence. We went to court...he got 30 days jail on a work release program.

I packed up my kid, my dog and everything that I could get loaded in a uhaul and moved to another state in the middle of the night.

Later I found out that he was living with my female legal aid attorney where he eventually, a few years later, killed himself in her garage. Good Riddance!

My case was the first one, I was told, that they took pictures of me in the ER.

So tell me Jodi...you really think that you were abused and choked? You don't have an fing clue! :furious::furious::furious:

Oh my God! Horrible! I'm so glad you and your kid are okay.

Yes, with what looks like a trail of blood coming off it as he is dragged.

I see that little trail of blood.
His lower body though is at a rt. angle to upper body?
Or at least that one leg is?

Seems like this would be harder to drag this way?

And where in the house is this said to be?

Thanks Schuby.

This still causes me to believe the bullet first theory has value ---

Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2011-01-bullet-...shot-host.html

"Make no mistake: Bullets usually kill when they enter the brain. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates that in 90 percent of brain injuries that stem from firearms, the patient dies. Of the lucky 1 in 10, virtually all are thought to live with persistent disabilities. In the last 15 years, however, better treatments have greatly improved the odds of survival. "In Iraq, we were fooled many times," said Duke University neurosurgeon Gerald Grant, who was an Air Force physician at Joint Base Balad in that country. Patients whose scans showed that shrapnel had crossed between the brain's hemispheres or cut a wide swath of destruction - injuries long thought to be a swift sentence of death - would often live. But the result, as Giffords may yet show, is almost always a person profoundly changed by the injury. As many as half of those who have had penetrating brain injury will suffer epileptic seizures and will have a higher risk of them for the rest of their lives, experts say.
Because these injuries often leave a victim fully conscious during and immediately after, many will retain vivid memories of the horror and suffer flashbacks, nightmares, anxiety and withdrawal, the hallmarks of post-traumatic stress disorder. "

Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2011-01-bullet-...shot-host.html

Not according to the ME it doesn't have value. He's the expert, he is the one that opened Travis up and examined his innards including his head. According to the ME, the bullet did enter Travis's brain though there was too much decomposition to trace the pathway of the bullet. He testified that this gunshot would have either rendered him dead or entirely incopacited - unable to move at all.

See his testimony here - both direct and cross:
[video=youtube;4h0fje33320]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h0fje33320[/video]

Given the fact that he was able to move from the shower out of the bathroom and down the hallway bleeding all the way he HAD to have been stabbed first. Given the fact that his throat was slit at the end of the hallway and the gunshot occurred in the bathroom, the sequence of wounds were knife first, throat slit second, and gunshot last. The only reason that he could not testify to whether or not the throat slit or the gun shot was directly after the stabbing was that he couldn't comment about the crime scene evidence that shows where the throat slit and gunshot took place.

Also given the fact that the shell casing from the bullet fell directly into a pool of blood already present on the bathroom floor Travis could not have been shot first as there would have been no blood pool present for the shell casing to fall into without the stabbing wounds coming first. Given the fact that the shell casing was pristine of blood except for where it touched the blood pool and the margins of that blood pool were even, it is not possible that the shell casing could have rolled into that blood pool or the blood pool could have drifted around the casing surrounding it - the shell casing fell directly into a pool of blood already present on the bathroom floor.

All of this information was testified to by the medical and forensic experts.

Oh, I know. That was my attempt at typed sarcasm. I guess I failed. Oy, we need sarcasm and cynical fonts and/or smileys!

Oh I know... That was my pathetic attempt too! Lol

2 of my dawgs are very happy mom isn't yelling at the TV! POOR babies are punch drunk. Every time I "huff" now they run thinking oh ch!t mama is mad...
I feel bad I really do... uploadfromtaptalk1365338667899.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

I see that little trail of blood.
His lower body though is at a rt. angle to upper body?
Or at least that one leg is?

Seems like this would be harder to drag this way?

And where in the house is this said to be?

Thanks Schuby.

I don't see the angle thing at all. What it looks like to me is he is on his back, legs straight out before him with his foot turned outward as your feet naturally fall when completely relaxed.

Huh? There was no accomplice. Everyone but Jodi had their alibis checked out especially seeing as the police thought in the beginning that she might have had an accomplice because they were dubeous at first that she would have been able to drag Travis back down the hallway and back into the shower stall.

But the best reason that there was no accomplice is that Jodi herself would be the first one to blame everything on them... that her and this ficticious person went to Travis's house to visit, and the ficticious person killed him for whatever reason and threatened her to keep her mouth shut about it or he/she would kill her too. There's no way on earth that had there been an accomplice Jodi would NOT have blamed everything on them at right from the beginning - NOT. A. CHANCE.

And that actually would have been a reasonable out for her had there been an accomplice. Her bloody palm print could be excused as her trying to help Travis. Her hair could be excused as her trying to stop the "real" killer from killing Travis and gotten in a tussle with the ficticious person. Her blood mixed with Travis's blood and the cuts on her fingers seen later by others could be excused as her tussling with the ficticious person to try to heroically stop them from killing Travis. Her not calling 911 could be excused as her fear of the "real" killer she was stuck with for the ride back home and he/she threatening her to keep her mouth shut. etc., etc., etc. There being an accomplice would have been the BEST excuse for her to get out of HER having killed Travis scot free with all the blame going to the ficticious person while she ends up looking like the hero.

All the things Jodi had to do to rid the scene of her presense were things she didn't expect she would have to do when she left CA for Travis's house because her vision of how it would happen was that she'd stab him once or twice by surprise and he'd die quickly and neatly in the shower. She didn't plan on his being able to get out of the shower and down the hallway leaving a mess of blood all along the way.

She also didn't use the floor cleaner in any of her trying to clean up. Travis had just gotten it, and it had to be put together before it's first use. There is no evidence that it ever left the spot where he himself left it and that it was ever used.

There simply was no accomplice, and that's that.

At this point, I think she may have had better luck sticking to her Ninja Story than using self-defense. :twocents:

Sorry to trouble you talented folks, but does anyone know where I can find Chris Hughes on direct exam? I thought it was day 9 or 10, but am unable to locate.

Anyone know?

Evidentiary Hearing: Monday, Jan 28, 2013
Gus Searcy, direct defense
Chris Hughes, direct state
Abe Abdelhadi, direct state
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfRd8orqk00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kLcFSkQw4A

Evidentiary Hearing continued: Tuesday, Jan 29, 2013
Chris Hughes, cross defense
Abe Abdelhadi, cross defense
Gus Searcy, recalled direct defense, cross state

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QodsaSRoDg

Evidentiary Hearing continued: Wednesday, Feb 13, 2013
Sky Hughes, direct defense, cross state

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdWZ55w5CGs

Spoiler:
Motion :denied:

Was he stabbed in the spine?

IIRC the back wounds were each about an inch deep. The knife went in and hit his ribs per the ME. Such a brutal attack. He would have died from the first wound to the chest but she just kept on and on.
One of the creepiest points of the interrogation was when she asked Flores "How many times was Travis stabbed?"

IIRC the back wounds were each about an inch deep. The knife went in and hit his ribs per the ME. Such a brutal attack. He would have ded from the first wound to the chest but she just kept on and on.
One of the creepiest points of the interrogation was when she asked Flires "How many times was Travis stabbed?"

I am feeling crabby today!
MMMMMMMMy m key is sticking and mmmaking me mad!!!

Det Flores should have said 400 and watched her face!!
They (can) lie too right?:blushing:

I would have gotten a reaction (maybe?)

I am feeling crabby today!
MMMMMMMMy m key is sticking and mmmaking me mad!!!

Det Flores should have said 400 and watched her face!!
They (can) lie too right?:blushing:

I would have gotten a reaction (maybe?)

What did Flores tell her?

In the ninja bs story JA said Travis was on all fours and said he couldn't feel his legs. Translation: JA stabbed Travis so viciously in the back that she severed a nerve. Or several. :furious:

The only one claiming that the gun shot was first is Jodi and not until after Det. Flores told her about the shot being first bc he had misunderstood Dr. Hunt.

Initially Jodi denied even being in the house that day. It wasn't until the female detective interviewed her and put out a couple of scenarios of what may have happened. And one of those scenarios was that both Travis and Jodi had been attacked by some perpetrators (Ninjas).

The very next day, 7/16/2008, during her interview with Det. Flores, Jodi changed her story to 2 Ninjas, Gun Shoot came first.

The only reason Jodi couldn't stick with the ninja alibi was the absence of any evidence for her to manipulate. As for why Jodi continues to insist that the gun was first is a. her defense is based on the Fogand not
remembering anything about the stabbings

b. admitting that she stabbed Travis first removes (in her mind)
the chance of her being found guilty in the Second Degree

c. in her sadistic mind, Jodi feels that she is in control of what
others are allowed to know about the crime.

If these two detectives had not provided any information or suggestions about events of this crime I really believe that this case/trial would have went in a different direction. Don't get me wrong, I greatly admire Det. Flores in the way he has handled this case. As for the female detective, Jodi played her for a sucker big time and that pi** me off bc Jodi feeds on just that sort of manipulation of others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth