weekend break: discuss the latest here #125

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I have been saying for weeks now. This Judge is the most unprofessional Judge I have ever seen trying a case of this magnitude. She is allowing evidence and testimony from the Defense that should have NEVER been allowed. She is allowing behavior in this court that is totally unacceptable I.E. the cell phones in court, the computers with the media in court, the behavior of some of the spectators, Arias being allowed to dictate the times court is in session because of her pathetic feeding schedule. (WHO CARES BY THE WAY IF THAT THING EATS OR NOT) Not to mention the total lack of efficiency this Judge has shown for running court promptly and effectively. Court should be running 5-6 days a week from 8 AM to 5-6 PM EVERY SINGLE DAY but Sunday. This is costing the Taxpayers of AZ a ridiculous amount of money and it is NOT right that this judge; who's responsibility it is to spend that tax money in the most efficient way she can; that she is wasting their time and money. IMO she is unprofessional and unethical and she is possibly causing SERIOUS issues for Appeal by allowing the release of those videos of the parents and the other tapes where Arias is doing the handstands etc. Especially since this Jury is NOT sequestered. People are completely FOOLING themselves if they think that Jury is NOT being exposed to the media, news, etc.

I was thinking the same thing about more Trial hours, they could move this along. That was until I did some digging on the Court schedule.

There are so many ongoing Cases being tried that this Judge is a part of and even Mr Martinez.

There are "Hearings" like pre-trial hearings before Mr Martinez' next trial, possibly another murder. Similar to when we look at the massive list of court dates for Jodi that took place over 3 years. Some asking for the Death Penalty, some getting approval to see her and have an expert talk to her, some asking for a change of her Attorney's.

All of those requests went before a Judge. Some in front of this Judge. And on those mornings where they got together for their hearing, a Trial was in process and they too had a delay of 2 hours in the morning while their Judge was hearing a motion in the Arias case who's trial was yet to start.

So this Judge got called away from the Trial's and work she was in the middle of, to make a bunch of rulings on the Arias trial before it could go forward.

I heard her say at one point (from the bench) that she wanted them to come in early and hash out the Juror questions then she said to Mr Martinez "oh, you have a case in here with me at 9:00am?" Something like that, (but not the Arias case) I feel so GUILTY hoping he is on some exciting brutal case we might get to see televised. I hope that is not to morbid. I would never wish harm to anyone, but I cannot lie and say that I don't get all consumed when this happens, I just get so anxious to see a criminal, a true criminal brought to justice!

So my best guess is this is status quo and most courts are so back logged the cases just keep coming, the crimes just keep happening!

My sister, also a Private Investigator, is in Court daily. She gets cases from the Judge to investigate. There are stacks! It's mind boggling how many people need their case investigated, there are just piles of them!

I read somewhere that the DT was able to get a motion preventing anything on her computer from being entered as evidence. However, recently it has been observed that there have been two computer experts added to the witness list for rebuttal so we'll see if they are limited to Travis' computer or not.

Trying to research this, but I don't have access to all the documents. Maybe dates can help someone else find them?

11/27/2012 REL - Reply - Party (001) 11/28/2012
NOTE: REPLY TO DEFENDANT’S RESPONSE TO STATE’S NOTICE REGARDING REVIEW OF HARD DRIVE BY DEFENDANT AND HER COUNSEL
11/27/2012 NOT - Notice - Party (001) 11/28/2012
NOTE: REGARDING REVIEW OF HARD DRIVE BY DEFENDANT AND HER COUNSEL
11/26/2012 RES - Response - Party (001) 11/26/2012
NOTE: DEFENDANT'S RESPONSE TO STATE'S NOTICE REGARDING REVIEW OF HARD DRIVE BY DEFENDANT AND HER COUNSEL
11/21/2012 005 - ME: Hearing - Party (001) 11/21/2012

SUPERIOR COURT OF ARIZONA
MARICOPA COUNTY
CR2008
-
-
001 DT
11/19/2012
Docket Code 005
Form R000D
Page
IT IS ORDERED State shall have the Detective take the State’s hard drive to Defense counsel to review at 10:00 a.m. on November 20, 2012.

12/4 Minutes:

Counsel for the Defendant makes an oral Motion for an ex parte sealed hearing regarding the computer hard drive.

IT IS ORDERED granting the Motion.

?????

Folks, Don't know if this post will be allowed here but I just came across this narrations on YouTube regarding the sequence of events that took place on that fateful day of June 4th, 2008. It really puts in perspective how Arias committed this atrocious crime and how her OWN words in the Police Interrogation tie in to the FACTS of this case. It is really something to watch.

http://youtu.be/7mXlwTZoMzQ

This post needs a written thank-you. Veryyyyyyyyyy good. It sounds so logical -with the ME and Police interro. back-up.:rocker:

I was listening again to Dan Freeman testimony last night... I kinda got left with the feeling that he seemed a little odd..nerdy if you will and wondered if he might just be a little enamored with Jodi?

I was watching old testimony last night too and was pondering the Freemans as well. Dan is definitely a little geeky but did seem very straight forward in his answers. His sister however clearly did not want to be there and was dodging questions... at least that's how it appeared to me.

I can totally see where Jodi was injecting herself in to the Freeman family and god knows how she would have used them somewhere down the line.

I read somewhere that the DT was able to get a motion preventing anything on her computer from being entered as evidence. However, recently it has been observed that there have been two computer experts added to the witness list for rebuttal so we'll see if they are limited to Travis' computer or not.

Whatever was found on her computer wasn't allowed in? How can that be true?

My sister, also a Private Investigator, is in Court daily. She gets cases from the Judge to investigate. There are stacks! It's mind boggling how many people need their case investigated, there are just piles of them!

Completely O/T - but I've always thought about becoming a PI, and every time I see your name, it bubbles that thought up to the surface :)

Her claim is self-defense. To bring Matt into the picture makes it premeditated. She just simply cannot do it while claiming self-defense.

I also believe that in her evil sociopathic mind, she doesn't want to share this enormous international spotlight with anyone - especially if in that mind, she's certain that she's going to get away with it. She's never so much as entertained the idea of giving up 50% of that kind of notoriety.

I think this judge is doing the best that she can. I don't agree with everything she has done, but still, I think she's doing as well as anyone else could.

It's not at all uncommon for court to be dark on Fridays. The Phil Spector trial was the same way, IIRC. Many of the trials that go on in my county are dark on Fridays.

As far as the tapes of her parents and the headstand being released, I don't think she has a say in that one way or the other. Didn't Nurmi argue that the State's Attorneys office were the ones responsible for that?

I think the jury is honest and it's quite possible they are following the admonitions and aren't watching, reading or listening to anything to do with this case. Case in point: ratting out Juror #5. I can't see any of them doing that if they didn't care about the case to the point they don't want things fouled up and have the state of Arizona doing this all over again.

MOO.

Judge BP held court on Saturdays, IIRC. ALL day long every day of the week. In a case this large and public the judge should be assigned to this case and this case only to shorten the length of this circus. MOO, of course.

I defintely think something was about to start happening with Dan. She spent a lot of time with him and seemed to be inserting herself into his family. The fact that he went to visit her in prison after killing travis speaks volumes. There is no way that I would visit her in the slammer after she killed my friend. My loyalty would be to him first, I remember her doing the same thing to one of her exes. She started hanging with his friend during the relationship and after she broke up with her boyfriend she began dating the friend. something is definitely up there.

Wasn't it Bobby Juarez' roommate that she dated after Bobby? I can't recall his name but I read that recently (probably here lol).

Judge BP held court on Saturdays, IIRC. ALL day long every day of the week. In a case this large and public the judge should be assigned to this case and this case only to shorten the length of this circus. MOO, of course.

The more time that passes the more the DT can try to weasel a mistrial out of the judge. Nurmi has already called all the jurors liars and seems to be desperate.

:banghead:

Someone please tell me how this could have been ordered and yet Alyce did it anyway, and got away with it? BBM.

CR2008-031021-001 DT 08/15/2011
Docket Code 005 Form R000D Page 4
The Court has received and reviewed State’s Motion in Limine to Preclude Defense Experts from Testifying regarding Victims Sexual Indiscretion, Defense Response and for the reasons stated on the record,
IT IS ORDERED granting the State’s Motion in Limine to Preclude.

How in the heck would a judge disallow evidence like that?!? Are you sure?

I've been looking for the motion, but can't find it. I remember it being a motion to Seal the contents of Arias' computer. If that was the motion, then maybe it was to be sealed from the public, but not from the trial as evidence. I would ask up in the ask a lawyer thread if you really want to know. Personally, I think it's coming in with the computer forensic guy on rebuttal.

Trying to research this, but I don't have access to all the documents. Maybe dates can help someone else find them?

11/27/2012 REL - Reply - Party (001) 11/28/2012
NOTE: REPLY TO DEFENDANT’S RESPONSE TO STATE’S NOTICE REGARDING REVIEW OF HARD DRIVE BY DEFENDANT AND HER COUNSEL
11/27/2012 NOT - Notice - Party (001) 11/28/2012
NOTE: REGARDING REVIEW OF HARD DRIVE BY DEFENDANT AND HER COUNSEL
11/26/2012 RES - Response - Party (001) 11/26/2012
NOTE: DEFENDANT'S RESPONSE TO STATE'S NOTICE REGARDING REVIEW OF HARD DRIVE BY DEFENDANT AND HER COUNSEL
11/21/2012 005 - ME: Hearing - Party (001) 11/21/2012

SUPERIOR COURT OF ARIZONA
MARICOPA COUNTY
CR2008
-
-
001 DT
11/19/2012
Docket Code 005
Form R000D
Page
IT IS ORDERED State shall have the Detective take the State’s hard drive to Defense counsel to review at 10:00 a.m. on November 20, 2012.

12/4 Minutes:

Counsel for the Defendant makes an oral Motion for an ex parte sealed hearing regarding the computer hard drive.

IT IS ORDERED granting the Motion.

?????

Looks to me the hearing was sealed but I don't see anything about not allowing the info on HD into evidence:twocents:

I was watching old testimony last night too and was pondering the Freemans as well. Dan is definitely a little geeky but did seem very straight forward in his answers. His sister however clearly did not want to be there and was dodging questions... at least that's how it appeared to me.

I can totally see where Jodi was injecting herself in to the Freeman family and god knows how she would have used them somewhere down the line.

Dan seemed fine - but the sister gave me the creeps. Is she a Jodi supporter? :twocents:

Was the 18-page letter to Travis' family from Jodi ever introduced as evidence? Has it ever been published? If so, anyone know where I can find it? TIA

Maricopa County is sitting on a goldmine. While counties everywhere are cutting back and letting people go because of falling revenue, MC's fiscal woes would vanish if they'd create Channel Juan - reality tv at its finest.

Wasn't it Bobby Juarez' roommate that she dated after Bobby? I can't recall his name but I read that recently (probably here lol).
yep sure was, I couldn't remember his name but I do remember her latching right on to his roommate.

I defintely think something was about to start happening with Dan. She spent a lot of time with him and seemed to be inserting herself into his family. The fact that he went to visit her in prison after killing travis speaks volumes. There is no way that I would visit her in the slammer after she killed my friend. My loyalty would be to him first, I remember her doing the same thing to one of her exes. She started hanging with his friend during the relationship and after she broke up with her boyfriend she began dating the friend. something is definitely up there.

That's strange, I had those vibes about the two of them when Dan and his sister were being interviewed about the road trip all four of them were on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAMTAG