weekend break: discuss the latest here #125

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys.
I came across some info last night that I don't have time to check out today. Does anyone want to do a little research today? Send me a message if you do.
TIA

They really don't need her computer... other than photographs she uploaded form her camera etc....

WHAT INFO DOES GOOGLE KEEP?
BY JBAT - JANUARY 27, 2006

Like most Web sites, our servers automatically record the page

requests made when users visit our sites. These “server logs”

typically include your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser

type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or

more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.

http://battellemedia.com/archives/2006/01/what_info_does_google_keep.php

http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/faq/

Is there a way to see if she used/hacked TA's email's from her computer? There must be something on there she doesn't want known, why else would she have destroyed it?
Like for instance if the email to lisa came from HER computer/ to show stalking?

Thanks for that heads up!! I live in a hood. Ok it's a Toronto Hood and Michael Moore has exposed our hoods as pretty unhoodlike but nevertheless we have random shootings etc. 2 young men who I've known since they were about 6 had their pictures plastered on TV in connection with a Canada wide warrant and I called homicide to tell them there was no way it could have been them. It turned out it was them and they're both in prison now but would that be considered inserting myself into a case? :what:

Eaton's Centre / Yonge & Dundas shooting?

I agree as horrific as they are they need to be shown without objections by the DT etc. The only self defence here was from Travis. I have looked at them numerous times and everytime it just reminds me of the evil that is JA. How you can admit to doing that to a human being but be in a fog about it all:banghead:

Juan needs to be able to get momentum going without interruption and count out every single one of those damn knife wounds...

BBM....He can't be interrupted in closing, is that correct?

Was the 18-page letter to Travis' family from Jodi ever introduced as evidence? Has it ever been published? If so, anyone know where I can find it? TIA

It's only been mentioned in trial, not introduced as evidence.

There are so many cruel things that JA has done, and IMO this ranks second to slaughtering Travis. Unless the family wants people to know how truly depraved JA is and expresses their desire to make this public, I think it is best to leave it to one's curiosity, even if it gets released through freedom of information requests.

MOO

That middle picture genuinely breaks my heart to look at. I feel like the look in his eyes is one of sheer terror, like a child who feels helpless and all alone. It's like he's screaming for help with his eyes. In every other picture I've seen of him, his eyes are alive and bright and energetic. But this picture, the last one ever taken of his living face, is so frightening and IMO so telling. Although I doubt we'll ever know, but if that were the case, then she deserves a method of death so paramount and so inhumane. And furthermore, they should charge $100/seat admission for the event, with all proceeds going to the Alexander family. If I can in any way make the following statement legally binding: I will purchase a guaranteed 10 seats.
I hate that pic too. I avoid looking at it, I scrolled so fast past it because it just gives me such an uncomfortable feeling. Even if I didn't know what came next after that picture his face is so haunting and disturbing. I can't believe she claims she "likes" that picture. I don't see anger when I look at that pic. I see fear. I really believe that she held the knife/gun (Whatever camp you roll with) on him at that point. I wondered to myself why he would sit in the shower. Only 2 things i can think of..1. she had a gun and ordered him to SIT!! I don't know about you but if someone has a gun on me, I would freeze and do what I'm told (hoping to de-escalate) 2. The knife in her hand. I'm sure most men have the fear of getting their D*cks cut off. Seeing an angry woman with a knife, first instinct crouch low to protect family jewels. I don't think Travis truly knew she was gonna kill him until the first stab wound and he fought for his life. sadly she had the upper hand as he was naked, wet and sitting in the shower. self defense my *advertiser censored*. And I would pay 100 dollars to see that she gets her karma.

JA wrote a journal entry saying she thought DF was into her FWIW.
PS- You are on your own trying to find a screenshot of it.

D Freeman also testified he had no idea Travis and Jodi were in a sexual relationship.

I hate that pic too. I avoid looking at it, I scrolled so fast past it because it just gives me such an uncomfortable feeling. Even if I didn't know what came next after that picture his face is so haunting and disturbing. I can't believe she claims she "likes" that picture. I don't see anger when I look at that pic. I see fear. I really believe that she held the knife/gun (Whatever camp you roll with) on him at that point. I wondered to myself why he would sit in the shower. Only 2 things i can think of..1. she had a gun and ordered him to SIT!! I don't know about you but if someone has a gun on me, I would freeze and do what I'm told (hoping to de-escalate) 2. The knife in her hand. I'm sure most men have the fear of getting their D*cks cut off. Seeing an angry woman with a knife, first instinct crouch low to protect family jewels. I don't think Travis truly knew she was gonna kill him until the first stab wound and he fought for his life. sadly she had the upper hand as he was naked, wet and sitting in the shower. self defense my *advertiser censored*. And I would pay 100 dollars to see that she gets her karma.

She needed the gun to control him and ask him to sit down. If she used only a knife to order him to sit then no way Travis would have done what she wanted. A grown man would be able to fight the opponent off. She had the gun. He was powerless in that situation.

This has probably been answered but someone here pointed out that if she named MM as an accomplice then that would be admitting to premeditation.

She would just claim that she had no idea what was going to happen like countless other women who have gotten men to kill for them say.

Fact is, any story -other than the truth - is going to sound improbable because the evidence doesn't match up. The evidence OVERWHELMINGLY points to a premeditated murder. I've seen people get murder 1 on much less.

people will talk about this picture for a good long time, that's for sure. i've never seen the fear, personally. to me, someone being confronted with a gun or a knife has big eyes, raised brows, mouth open----like YIKES!!!!!! HELP!!!! OMG!!! kind of fear.

to me, he just looks pissed off and worn out. but we'll never know. we just know that in a few minutes from that picture, he's dead. that's what bothers me the most about it---not why he looks how he looks but the fact that WE know what's about to happen to him, and he doesn't.

I hate that pic too. I avoid looking at it, I scrolled so fast past it because it just gives me such an uncomfortable feeling. Even if I didn't know what came next after that picture his face is so haunting and disturbing. I can't believe she claims she "likes" that picture. I don't see anger when I look at that pic. I see fear.

*snipped by me*

I find that photos really disturbing too and found it really odd but in hindsight not so surprising that it was one of the very first photos that JW put up in her opening statement, telling the jury that Travis wanted JA to take photos of him. Even without knowing anything about that case, I find it hard to imagine how anyhow could think it was a 'good' photo or one that the person in the shot wanted to have taken, unless of course they were an actor pretending to be scared!

Just saw this--it's a great summary of what Juan did Thursady with ALV on the stand for cross.

Alyce in Jodi-land
6 Replies

Points made by the prosecution:

1. After spending an hour building up AL’s (Alyce LaViolette’s) credentials JM (Juan Martinez) tore them down in minutes. Under cross she became an out-dated (no formal education in more than 3 decades), out of touch (she now lectures about Snow White being battered), under-qualified (because she has no PhD she cannot administer or score tests and is not qualified to diagnose anyone) joke.

2. AL based her opinions on a 44 hour interview with JA (Jodi Arias) and her Journals. She never spoke to anyone else (just read some other things and watched the 48hrs interview). JM pointed out that despite being paid $250 and hour to read JA’s journals she could not come up with a direct answer without wanting to refer to said journals. He simply asked her if there was anything negative in the Journals about JA and she requested that he show her the journals. She had no problem with questions about the journals with the defense because she was reading directly from them as spoon fed by the defense attorney. In fact the judge actually busted her for reading from the journals directly. Not to mention these journals are just like “Snow White”: fairy tales and this is basically what this expert regurgitated on the stand for 6 days.

3. JM got AL to admit the ‘continuum’ she based her ‘expert’ opinions on was made up BY HER! She even admitted to him that she could alter it at will. When asked if there was any diagnosis for “battered Women’s Syndrome” in the DSM (the ‘Bible” of psychological disease according to the last defense witness) she admitted there is no such thing. (Oh, and if there was she is not a Doctor and not qualified to diagnose anyone).

5. Remember when AL went into great detail to point out that because Travis had come from an abusive family that he would grow up to be an abuser? (And according to her everyone else in that circumstance would unless they received some kind of therapy). Well here is how JM used the Fairy Tale “Snow White” to prove the exact same point about JA:

-Snow White was abused by her Step-Mom and her Dad did nothing to protect her. JA was abused by both her Mom and Dad and neither protected her.

-Snow White fled into the woods to get away from the abuse. JA fled to Bobby’s house to get away from her parent’s abuse and control.

-Snow White ended up in a shack taking care of people. JA moved into one room of a hoarder’s house and she was the only one working and bring the food in.

-Something bad happened to Snow White (the apple). Something bad happened to JA (Bobby choked her).

-Snow White becomes unconscious and waits for her Prince. JA starts looking for her Prince. Unfortunately I think her Prince was Travis.

-Doesn’t this then mean JA would grow up to be the abuser according to this expert?

**Mr. Martinez accomplished all this in about 30 minutes.

IMHO: In this version of Snow White the witch was Jodi and the apple she lured Travis with was SEX!

http://mixedbagblog.com/

:clap: Excellent!

To object during closing has some narrow guidelines.. mostly the attorney starts to spout off about things not in evidence

:waitasec: JA is no knockout, but I can't understand why she could't find a guy in California. It almost appears that she left the state for a reason. (like she was trying to stay away) Heading toward a new guy in Utah...
California is a big state! Who could locate her other than LE?

The whole "Mormon" thing is seeming more and more like it was a cover or a "community" to hide in.
Rich virgin men nearing 31 to marry quickly perhaps,but something is just not right here.
Something is nagging at me.
I know she coo coo for coco puffs... but???

BBM....He can't be interrupted in closing, is that correct?

Opposing counsel can still object during closing arguments, which I'm sure the defense will b/c they are annoying like that.

Just not objections every 2 secs with sidebars.

I think this judge is doing the best that she can. I don't agree with everything she has done, but still, I think she's doing as well as anyone else could.

It's not at all uncommon for court to be dark on Fridays. The Phil Spector trial was the same way, IIRC. Many of the trials that go on in my county are dark on Fridays.

As far as the tapes of her parents and the headstand being released, I don't think she has a say in that one way or the other. Didn't Nurmi argue that the State's Attorneys office were the ones responsible for that?

I think the jury is honest and it's quite possible they are following the admonitions and aren't watching, reading or listening to anything to do with this case. Case in point: ratting out Juror #5. I can't see any of them doing that if they didn't care about the case to the point they don't want things fouled up and have the state of Arizona doing this all over again.

MOO.
Following these thoughts, the Judge would have other cases on her calendar, with motions to be heard, etc. and the same would apply to Juan Martinez. You are correct, most courtrooms are "dark" on Fridays. This Jury is not sequestered, so there is no need to hold court every day of the week. HLN reported late last week that the trial was originally scheduled to end on April 11. That was before the defendant spent many days on the witness stand. If anything has caused a delay, it was JA herself, which, however, is her legal right.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member