weekend break: discuss the latest here #125

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure the state has proven meditation, but I do believe they have proven premeditation. :giggle: [laughing with ya not at ya.]:wink:

OMG!!!:floorlaugh: That was a Freudian slip. Nurmi proven meditation. That's how it made me feeeeeeel. My ribs hurt from laughing!!

To object during closing has some narrow guidelines.. mostly the attorney starts to spout off about things not in evidence

Wow Stephanie
didnt know they could object in closing.
Me thinks Wilmott will object even if its not in evidence! I've seen her do it time and time again.

Who will do the closing? Nurmi or wilmott? Oh my wonder, how many days she or he will drag it on. It's always like a breath of fresh air, when martinez takes over.

She gave Arias five or six books on domestic violence. I'm sure that Arias tailored her story to match the book contents.

I can't understand how ALV was allowed to basically educate Jodi on how to make up a DV situation. Here's some books *wink wink* better read up.

[Respectfully snipped]

Try this with the full face picture, put a good-sized one up on your monitor (the closer to life-size the better), stand up and about a foot back, now look into his eyes. The camera flash is in the middle of his forehead so she was probably standing - that is the expression he was looking at her with.

Wish I knew which poster to credit for this amazing illustration - Thanks, you rock! - but if you notice, not only do the photos go together perfectly, but his right arm is resting on his knee. You can see it in both photos here, even the closeup of his face. Look how his arm extends outward. Thus, imo he couldn't have been standing up.

I think it's pretty compelling indication he was sitting down that last 1 minute 18 seconds from 5:29:12 (same as the last face closeup but without flash) to 5:30:30, the last photo of TA alive.

wow! I finally got to watch the cross from Juan last thursday and I am so impressed with it. :rocker::twocents::twocents::rocker:

The point that stuck out to me the most is that Arias concocted a LOT of her stories based on the books that she was sent in prison by ALV. In other words, imhoo, he made lot of very good points that connected the snow white stuff with events Arias has (:liar:) testified to down to the wooden spoons, the passing out, the cleaning, etc etc etc. In other words I can see exactly how Arias has built all of her stories based on this exact witness.

I cannot wait for tomorrow to see what else Juan has up his sleeve!

Sorry....just poppin in...

Remember in her interrogation she asked if anyone found her journals..."all of them"

I believe 100 percent she faked those entries after the murder.

IMO, JA doctored the books before the murder...I think she was already on a slow simmer and started the plan with some of the entries in the journals a while before she actually took the famous road trip...

Wow Stephanie
Me thinks Wilmott will object even if its not in evidence! I've seen her do it time and time again.

Who will do the closing? Nurmi or wilmott? Oh my wonder, how many days she or he will drag it on. It's always like a breath of fresh air, when martinez takes over.

bbm: I am not sure but I wonder if they are able to split it in Arizona (like CA trial). I could see that happening.

BBM

How many people who do not even live in the same city with the abuser would continue to return to them for this to occur time and time again as she claims?

Once would be enough for most. They would not seek out the abuser.

Her story is unbelievable.

MOO

Call block and de-friending on FB and Myspace would have worked to. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around looking for my abusers gun as opposed to running far away and fast from the evil abusive naked man who owned a gun.

Wow Stephanie

I'm thinking JW will do closing - she did the opening. I also did not know that there can be objections during closing statements until yesterday when I watched the opening statements. Juan objected twice to something JW was spewing off.

Could you picture Juan doing his closing and JW jumps up and says objection, Juan calls an objection to her objection and JW puts her hand on her waist, stomps her right foot and says, Judge, I object to his objecting to my objection!! The defense reminds me of the 3 Stooges.

Call block and de-friending on FB and Myspace would have worked to. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around looking for my abusers gun as opposed to running far away and fast from the evil abusive naked man who owned a gun.

It's just a story, bad one at that. lol

Don't forget..evil abusive wet naked man...who woulda slipped and slid all over the tile floor before reaching me!

I'm new at this, so I hope it's o.k. if I bring this forward from the last thread:

Schuby

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane13
What is the consensus view on JA dragging or lifting TA?

Was he not a lot bigger than her?

He was but several WSers actually got their husbands (bless them) to agree to be dragged through the house and found they were able to manipulate them without too much difficulty.

Plus, she has very large hands. When she covered her face while fake crying when JM was asking her about crying while she stabbed Travis, I thought her hands seemed like they were quite substantial.
When I was Jodi's age (in the 1980's) I was just about her height and weight. For a time I drove several different types of those big rubbish trucks. Just turning the steering wheel and shifting gears was a struggle at first. But very quickly, my strength increased and I was able to do all kinds of heavy moving and lifting. It was a workout and I became a lot stronger than I had been before. I still looked pretty much the same as I did before the heavy work. In other words, I wasn't muscular looking- just strong. It would have been an easy task to drag dead weight along a slippery, tiled floor.

ALV appalls and disgusts me on many levels. She has sold her soul to the devil. I have survived abuse and its far worse than what JA has portrayed even if it were the truth. I am disgusted by ALV! JMO

The State vs Jodi Arias ~ Travis Alexander murder trial · 33,553 like this
2 minutes ago ·
As we reported over the weekend, Dr Phil DID approach the Arias family for an interview:

Bill Arias, Jodi's father, has denied that the family worked out any sort of arrangement with Dr Phil or taken anything from him.

"He asked and we refused. We do not want to deal with him," Arias told PEOPLE, explaining that he never actually talked with Dr. Phil. A producer approached the family, gave them a card, and said the show would like to do an interview.

Wish I knew which poster to credit for this amazing illustration - Thanks, you rock! - but if you notice, not only do the photos go together perfectly, but his right arm is resting on his knee. You can see it in both photos here, even the closeup of his face. Look how his arm extends outward. Thus, imo he couldn't have been standing up.

I think it's pretty compelling indication he was sitting down that last 1 minute 18 seconds from 5:29:12 (same as the last face closeup but without flash) to 5:30:30, the last photo of TA alive.

My apologies for any confusion, yes, Travis was sitting in that photo, what I meant was JA was standing when she took it and his eyes were glancing upward at her, if you stand up in front of your montor and look into his eyes his expression is a bit different than when looking straight on at them.

I agree with you 100%.....JMO but JW is worse than KN in my book. Both perpetuate the stigma of 'defense attorneys'. They both IMO play as dirty as possible, I know more than a few DA's who really believe in the law...they believe every one deserves the best defense possible. But they also have scruples and morals and would not hesitate to not take a case, or quit, if they felt the person was lying. Or if they can see being in a position, by taking a case, that their personal moral standards would be compromised by doing so. I will reference Mark Nejame. He represented the Anthony's because he felt they needed representation considering all the media attention they brought upon themselves. But the moment he was put in a position of his morals being compromised he quit. He went on to represent Tim Miller and Texas Equusearch pro bono because he believe in Tim and Equusearch and what they stood for. Both JW and KN seem to be willing to trash anyone and anything to win the case. I wonder how they sleep at night. I wonder IF they have children, what they are showing their children about morals and truth. I hope Travis' memory and what they have tried to do to him haunt them for the rest of their lives.

I think the person that wrote that is on Jodi's side. When I read it earlier today there were only 2 post. Just a feeling even though it was written well.

If anyone has the link to the journals and wants to throw it up here really quick I can start a topical thread.:seeya:

wow! I finally got to watch the cross from Juan last thursday and I am so impressed with it. :rocker::twocents::twocents::rocker:

The point that stuck out to me the most is that Arias concocted a LOT of her stories based on the books that she was sent in prison by ALV. In other words, imhoo, he made lot of very good points that connected the snow white stuff with events Arias has (:liar:) testified to down to the wooden spoons, the passing out, the cleaning, etc etc etc. In other words I can see exactly how Arias has built all of her stories based on this exact witness.

I cannot wait for tomorrow to see what else Juan has up his sleeve!

It was so impressive. Some of the TH's must not have been paying attention because they seemed to think he just randomly began to question this "expert" on Disney movie trivia. Beth Karas had to set them straight that no, he was taking this experts theory and flipping it to prove HIS points. Beth said previously how impressed she is with Martinez. That he is three steps ahead of everyone else in the courtroom. Considering how many trials she has seen in the past 19 years that is high praise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleuthchic