Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good one! :rocker:

At first I believed the gunshot was first too, but lots of WS'ers shot me down because of the ME's testimony. And you are correct, nothing is definite since there was decomposition.

But then after looking at the sequence of the shower pics, I believe the gun was the first weapon Jodi wanted to use (a clean scene so to speak & why else would a .25 be stolen from her grandparents), and somehow the gun fell on the ground (not the camera yet). Then Jodi had the knife on person and he slid down into the stall and she threatened him. He tried to get up from the crouched position defending himself, and then she stabbed him in the heart.

He hovered over the sink, the blood spattering all over the place.

She proceeded to stab him in the back, neck, shoulders.

He tried to get away, and could only make it as far as the end of the bathroom hallway into the master suite.

This is where he is on all 4's and she slits his throat.

She drags his body back to the shower stall on the bamboo bath mat - full adrenaline kicked in.

She slumps him in the shower (the water on the whole time), then shoots him on the right side temple with a downward projectory and the bullet landing on the left side of his cheek.

Casing found in a pool of blood next to the shower. :twocents:

Just on the 'stabbed first' theory.

I realise that is where the ME left things as far as the order of events, but he was never definite in his statement. He mentioned decomposition as being a factor here, and a few of you have highlighted this.

It seems that most who think that Travis was stabbed first, feel that Jodi stabbed him (in the chest) whilst he was sitting down.

I can't see that really. One would have to presume if he was sitting, that he was sitting in the same 'knees-up' position the last photograph of him indicates. How could Jodi get a clear path to the chest? The knees would have been in the way, and I don't know, it just doesn't seem plausible.

I tend to lean toward him being shot first, because if he was in that seated position, it works with the bullet trajectory. But I am not wedded to this.

I think if Travis was stabbed first, then the most likely scenario is that Jodi asked Travis to face camera. We don't see this in the images obviously, but she could have asked him to kneel and face towards camera - most likely with eyes shut - there's no reason why this wouldn't be a plausible type of image she may have said she had in mind. He may have been asked to stand... not sure - but from this position Travis is completely vulnerable to an aggressive knife thrust to the chest. And the tragic events unfold further from that point.

Sorry if that has been put forward before.

Thoughts?

True that!

I think during the interrogation, when LD told her to "take the power" the "control" and confess..tell the family of Travis and her parents WHY she did this...she decided she would never reveal the reason. That was the way she would always have what happened just between her and Travis. In her mind she is still "in control" of the info everybody wants the most.

Agree. In her mind, she will "have" Travis for eternity. No one else will know the truth.

MOO

Certainly, Novice Seeker. And thanks.

I guess my point was, that as an outsider, when looking at her entries that this type of retrospective explanation - to her journal could be viewed as evidence for her manufacturing her story. I mean, why explain to your own journal something that surely would have come up before? A little moot since we don't have access to her whole journal, but anyway, just thought it relevant.

It's not that I don't see what her motives would be for doing so. On the contrary. Just that it looks like actual evidence of doing it to me.

And then there are the entries about poor travis and who would do this to him after she killed him. Don't think for a minute JM is done with those journals.

Randall Dale Adams was railroaded by Doug Muldar (Darlie Routier and Walker Railey lawyers) and Winfield Scott when they were in the Dallas Da office. Winfield Scott was the PD in one murder case in our family. He objected to his own questions and was terrified of his client. I guess knives do that to a person?

It's a strange feeling to of been to many of the same places or to know where the crappy motel Adams was staying out. Out on Ft. Worth Avenue where the hookers and drug addicts stayed.

Thanks for that personal background info. Adams staying at that motel: I think he was from out of town, maybe didn't know or that motel had cheapest rates. He sure picked the wrong guy to hang out with even for a short time. Could happen to any of us, if Pros. act the way those ones did.

Has anyone posted this yet? It's from a FB page on the trial. Of course I can't verify if it's true or not.

"CONFIRMED : Chris and Sky Hughes will not be testifying during rebuttal, nor will Matt McCartney [as reported here previously]

Rebuttal witnesses include: Cancun PPL, Dr Demarte, Gas Station in SLC, Walmart, Det Brown"

Just found this, also.

http://www.webanswers.com/legal/dr-...aptop-was-stolen-that-contained-her-of-a94480

How would they know who JM will call in rebuttal ? I'm sure he has an ace or two up his sleeve ...

I guess I could figure out all the characters given time, but I can't say I've ever had a favorite.

No favorite, but my least favorite character is 'Snow White's' $300/hour shill of a domestic violence 'expert'.

I never said I can see his left leg. It just looked like his right leg was crossed over his left leg.

I think the crouched photo is the last photo taken before Travis was stabbed.

The prior face shot, Jodi had the camera pointed at him and somehow got knocked out of her hand. She then went for the knife. :twocents:

In this pic, his arms are outstretched forward. I just threw in my :twocents: that he was holding the camera.

What is your theory TigerBalm? :seeya:

This is the last photo taken of him alive.
The next photo in the sequence is the photo of the ceiling.

This is the same photo taken at 5:30:30, just lightened.
Juan was removing the photo from the over heard.

You can see his legs are NOT crossed, his right foot is flat on the shower floor.

His arm is outstretched in front of him, the angle of the photo is not possible if he were taking it.

I'm watching a clip of ALV's lecture and it is just so stupid.
What character do you identify with most in Snow White?
If your answer is Snow White, you've been socialized by the patriarchal system.
No - it's not because Snow Whit is the title character and the only character with any personality development.
If you're a guy your answer doesn't count so don't bother speaking up.

For myself, I'd love to be Snow White for a while- she is safe, she has a lovely time arranging the house the way she wants it, she has 7 cute little companions, who go out to work all day, then they all dance and sing when they get home. She has bird and animal friends of the forest, and no worries for a while.
If that's abuse sign me up...

and he seemed to be referring to this info from a depo. I am sure this will be in the rebuttal case and I cannot wait to hear more. He was not able to bring it up fully during his cross of arias due to foundation and her fognesia but once he puts up DB again as a rebuttal witness I think we are there and will hear more:twocents:

Let me get this straight....after she went to Salinas, she went back to Pacific Grove? Looking at the timeline, it looks like she spent quite a bit of time in the Monterey area.

I am curious re: her bank statement. She was in Benecia and purchased something. Have we ever found out what she was doing in Benecia? BTW, if I was going to take Highway 101 to the Monterey area, I would probably go through Benecia, but she took I-5 and cut over to Monterey....she was all over the place.

Has anyone posted this yet? It's from a FB page on the trial. Of course I can't verify if it's true or not.

"CONFIRMED : Chris and Sky Hughes will not be testifying during rebuttal, nor will Matt McCartney [as reported here previously]

Rebuttal witnesses include: Cancun PPL, Dr Demarte, Gas Station in SLC, Walmart, Det Brown"

Just found this, also.

http://www.webanswers.com/legal/dr-...aptop-was-stolen-that-contained-her-of-a94480

I noticed that most of the 'contributors' at the FB page don't cite sources.

"Confirmed" without a source?

Not so much...

:rocker: Cool! You're right, this pic doesn't look like his legs are "crossed".

He does have thick calfs, maybe that's what threw me off. But still, he is in a defenceless position. :(

This is the last photo taken of him alive.
The next photo in the sequence is the photo of the ceiling.

This is the same photo taken at 5:30:30, just lightened.
Juan was removing the photo from the over heard.

You can see his legs are NOT crossed, his right foot is flat on the shower floor.

His arm is outstretched in front of him, the angle of the photo is not possible if he were taking it.

Thanks for that. For the sake of argument, maybe Travis was not taking a cold shower. I mean it is June in AZ, right?

The soap theory is a good one. There is no soap... :what:

While it's neither here nor there-but for the record, from the end of April through September, there is no 'cold' water in AZ;)

Maybe she was doing tricks. The *advertiser censored* she is.

Let me get this straight....after she went to Salinas, she went back to Pacific Grove? Looking at the timeline, it looks like she spent quite a bit of time in the Monterey area.

I am curious re: her bank statement. She was in Benecia and purchased something. Have we ever found out what she was doing in Benecia? BTW, if I was going to take Highway 101 to the Monterey area, I would probably go through Benecia, but she took I-5 and cut over to Monterey....she was all over the place.

Someone had mentioned that their husband said the reason Travis was crossing his legs was because men instinctively protect their junk. A thought occurred to me looking at this picture. I wonder if JA had threatened to "Bobbit" Travis?

In a couple of pics I did wonder if she had the gun aimed at his "junk"
He just has this "look" like
"someone" is down there but JA is clearly in front of him.

HORIBBLE THOUGHT!!!
She could probably make him do ANYTHING if she had "Naps" on a leash and a gun at his head.

I would not put it past her either!

I want to know where she got the 9mm and what it really was for and how she explained attaching it to under the hood of the car.

And, um, not in the trunk where one might carry it unless you are licensed to carry a weapon. Which she is not.

That's just weird. Although I did have a friend that put food in foil and drove around with it inside the hood of the car to see if it would cook. They saw that on tv. I can't recall the outcome.

Yep, 50 shades of cray in fact.
Yeah...and you think she didn't take the time and opportunity to taunt him with all of her 'pain and anguish' he caused her and how much she 'loved' him before blowing him away? No way. Not the JA we know and despise. She took the last opportunity to be in control and have her feelings and thoughts be known to him. No doubt in my mind. The gun is the only way she could have kept him a captive audience. The knife would have been overcome. He would not have sat there controlled by a knife in her hand. Not a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lorenna