weekend break: discuss the latest here #125

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've lived in AZ, only it's Tucson, not the Mesa area for almost 40 years. I don't remember our cold water being hot except outside when I turn on the hose, that's hot hot water for a minute or 3. I do tone down the hot water for my shower but we always have cold. Now Florida...ha that's another story. j/k Daily showerer op only.

Dr. Know I was kind of being a wiseazz, but I live in a cookie-cutter type neighborhood where they put the plumbing pipes just under the surface, they don't bury them deep at all. In the summer, our water is never cold and barely gets to tepid. Maybe more so in the early morning, but we get nightime temps of over 100 degrees.

BBM. This may have already been said, and I'm quite behind, but I disagree! I'm a photographer and shoot strictly on manual, meaning I adjust my own settings for the lighting and situation that I'm photographing. I *rarely* use flash indoors and instead adjust my camera to the proper settings to accommodate or adjust for the lighting that is available. Any *real* photographer can do this quite easily. I prefer not using the onboard flash as it gives photos a less than appealing look, IMO.

So no, indoor photos do not need to be taken w/ the flash. JA was not a "professional photographer" by any stretch, no matter how many weddings she photographed. JA probably never took her camera off of auto, thus taking the flash off and not knowing how to adjust for the lighting...

I don't believe Jodi knew anything more about cameras than the average person. I think she just liked taking pictures of everything and just did the point and click like everyone else.

In any case, the photos look like they do because of the difficulty in extracting them, not because of whether or not she used the flash. Seeing that this was no real photo shoot, and in most of the photos she wasn't even noticing whether or not she got the basic parts of Travis in the frame at all for each one I really doubt she was giving a hoot about lighting, flash, focus, etc. She was only taking these photos to set him up to kill him and was going to be deleting them all anyway. As long as he didn't notice she wouldn't have cared if she'd left the lens cap on.

I don't doubt it, but it would hard to believe he would be as esteemed a liar as she is - and JM would potentially tear him apart. Anyway, undoubtedly the prosecution has weighed up the pros and cons of subpoenaing MM. Not my place to double guess it.

But as far as the magazine coding episode goes, I was confused as to why that wasn't pursued more intently by JM. He kind of left it hanging there. As far as I can recall he went through the process of decoding the magazine, and all the while Jodi looked quite happy with herself taking part in the exercise. But there wasn't any real dissection of the messages intent. Am I misremembering here?

I am intrigued as to why the meaning behind the coded message was not pursued.

Was it even verified that the coded message was intended for MM? Or was it only inferred?
I think the coded message was for DB.

So you're saying that he had a de-humidifier in the shower? The easiest answer to this is that the door was open and he allowed this pictures. She played into his new body transformation ego, and he bought it. Simple.

No I'm saying in a place like Arizona with very low humidity, and with the air conditioning likely running 24/7, also removing any moisture from the air, and also likely a bathroom exhaust fan running, its possible that any glass in the bathroom would not fog up with condensation. I was also refutting your statement that condensation has to do with temperature. It has to do with moisture content in the air (humidity).

Yes I've seen how she looks pleadingly at the jury, and from everything I've read, they don't even look in her direction. I felt bad for Lisa, cuz you could see the shock on her face when JM showed the pic of Travis' deeply cut throat (that the DT peed their pants about). And I noticed she never looked at JA throughout her testimony.

It was a shock, no doubt. She handled it well though.

Australia!?!?

No wonder I have so many communications issues on that site.

You see, I don't speak Australian. :whoosh:

I know one word in Australian. "Tomato sauce" (OK, 2 words). It means catsup! :what:

I learned that in line at a fast food place when a honeymooning couple in front of me asked for tomato sauce for their fries.

I disagree as well. :blushing:

Why? Because Travis had a PPL conference at 7pm and was getting ready.

I believe he kicked Jodi out and she snuck back in.

Maybe he did notice her there and she assured him the pic taking was "all for fun & games" until she pointed the gun at him. (the infamous face shot)

It was 5:22 when it started, more than an hour and a half before the conference. That's plenty of time to take a shoot and have her out of his hair by conference time. Jodi said (again can't believe I typed that) that it took a little convincing to get him to do it. I believe Travis would be enticed to take a couple photos to have on his own camera to use how he pleased.

And maybe she was showing them to him. I don't know. It's odd that there are no butt and frontal nudes taken unless we believe her that she told him only tasteful shots. I can't imagine that it would matter to her to exclude his private parts if she was secretly taking them or if she wasn't letting him see them.

I'm interested to know where she could stand in the bathroom to get pictures of both corners of the shower, and centering on the shower without him seeing her and without water streaking from glass on a closed shower door.

I wasn't arguing with you. I only asked if you were saying he had a dehumidifier in the shower.

If he had the air conditioning running, then yes he did have a dehumidifier going. A/C units cool air by removing moisture from the air thus dehumidifying it... :)

Dr. Know I was kind of being a wiseazz, but I live in a cookie-cutter type neighborhood where they put the plumbing pipes just under the surface, they don't bury them deep at all. In the summer, our water is never cold and barely gets to tepid. Maybe more so in the early morning, but we get nightime temps of over 100 degrees.

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to meet you so snobbishly my apologies. The pipes are deeper here. Old neighborhood might be why & old growth trees. We do know the building changes over the years. Sucks except for the winter time bills. That should outweigh the hot cold water in the summer. Love AZ but the heat sucks. Hey Sassy!

Regarding the gun taped inside the engine compartment and her not having a permit for open carry. What type of vehicle had she rented that time, if anyone knows? Perhaps it did not have a trunk and was a hatchback where the rear could be accessed behind the back seat?

Just a thought which might explain why it was in the engine.

MOO

I think she was going to flee the country. Canadian border? If she got caught with a gun or even only the ammo at the Mexican border she'd be in jail in less time than it takes dudes to spin her around. Sheriff Joes place would seem like the Four Seasons in comparison :jail:

No I'm saying in a place like Arizona with very low humidity, and with the air conditioning likely running 24/7, also removing any moisture from the air, and also likely a bathroom exhaust fan running, its possible that any glass in the bathroom would not fog up with condensation. I was also refutting your statement that condensation has to do with temperature. It has to do with moisture content in the air (humidity).

The shower door was open. Even as an amateur photographer, with flash or no flash, she wouldn't want glass in between her and what she was photographing.

This would also explain the water on the floor of the bathroom.

I wasn't arguing with you. I only asked if you were saying he had a dehumidifier in the shower.

As far as what pictures she took, doesn't matter. It was a ruse to get him in the shower. Whether she actually showed them to him or not? I don't know. It's possible she took the pictures under duress, but if she did so, then it's likely that the shower door is open.

My points are the shower door is open and he knows she's photographing him. The transformation photo shoot was her ruse to get him there. Whether she actually was trying to do a real photo shoot and take real pictures, I do not know. Maybe the poses mattered not to her because she was plotting murder, not magazine publication.
I agree... like where she would stab him first... makes me sick to think he stood there while she got her anatomical locations in her crosshairs...

oh... the humidity question wasn't mine. I have no freaking clue, I can't take hot showers... barely even warm. I have never steamed up the bathroom! lol My family does and they use that irritating fan... I know if i walk in there I "go blind" cause my glasses fog up!

I think she was going to flee the country. Canadian border? If she got caught with a gun or even only the ammo at the Mexican border she'd be in jail in less time than it takes dudes to spin her around. Sheriff Joes place would seem like the Four Seasons in comparison :jail:

Goooooood Point. No extradition from Canada if she was facing DP.

Really, how come?

I thought I had only ever heard MM's name mentioned with regard that message, I'm interested to hear why you were thinking DB.
Because I believe the remote she dropped off belonged to the stolen DVD player, and I believe he is her ally. He is lying for her. I don't think Matt is in her camp. He is just a bystander that got involved unknowingly and told LE what he knew. DB is still bonded with her emotionally....apparent on the stand, apparent in JA's loving, longing facial expressions that controlled him as he testified. DB also admitted he had met with the producers of the 48 hours show. She threw viewers on a wild goose chase by naming Matt as her ally/confidant... when it was actually DB. She took the scent off of DB by saying that. And Matt was probably saying WTF is she talking about?? JMO.

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to meet you so snobbishly my apologies. The pipes are deeper here. Old neighborhood might be why & old growth trees. We do know the building changes over the years. Sucks except for the winter time bills. That should outweigh the hot cold water in the summer. Love AZ but the heat sucks. Hey Sassy!

No apology necessary, I tend to be ego-centric in my observations. I never mind being called out when I'm wrong. I love AZ myself. I hate the heat and stay out of it at all costs, but 2 hours to the mountains, can't beat it. I even love the look of the desert, I think it's beautiful.

I don't even turn on the hot water for a shower during the summer. That's how warm it is in my neighborhood.

I don't doubt it, but it would hard to believe he would be as esteemed a liar as she is - and JM would potentially tear him apart. Anyway, undoubtedly the prosecution has weighed up the pros and cons of subpoenaing MM. Not my place to double guess it.

But as far as the magazine coding episode goes, I was confused as to why that wasn't pursued more intently by JM. He kind of left it hanging there. As far as I can recall he went through the process of decoding the magazine, and all the while Jodi looked quite happy with herself taking part in the exercise. But there wasn't any real dissection of the messages intent. Am I misremembering here?

I am intrigued as to why the meaning behind the coded message was not pursued.

Was it even verified that the coded message was intended for MM? Or was it only inferred?

Just the message itself served JM's purpose which was Jodi's own words that MM had contradicted the story Jodi had been telling for th e past year, thus she was lying. He used it as an impeachment tool only. As much as we would all love to see MM turn on her, I dont think it will happen.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

I would think having an active cell phone in the car with you with gas can would be dangerous since the cans are vented.

If someone is carrying a gas can in the passenger compartment of their car I'll have to change "foolish" to a word that would get me a time out from the mods. :twocents:

I'm not an expert in condensation or humidity except for what we see happening when water turns to vapor. Seems like to me the shower water is putting the humidity in the bathroom. If a shower door is closed, building up moisture in the air behind it, then I don't see why we're questioning condensation on the shower glass. If the shower door is open, then that moisture is not trapped behind it, so no condensation.

If it doesn't have to do with temperature, then it doesn't. I'm not an expert in anything but what I see when people take showers behind glass. I don't know that I was even saying originally that it had anything to do with temperature, except shower temperature.

You say air conditioners are dehumidifiers. I don't know. But I do know that in addition to running my air conditioner, I need a dehumidifier to stop mold, so.....

This is the shower pic of Travis which was taken with the door closed.

The others were taken with the door open.

We have not seen all the digital images that LE recovered from the card and which are in the possession of the Prosecution and Defense Teams.

Who says the door was closed? Sure doesn't look it to me. In the corner on the bottom right you can see the lip of the shower stall and the floor but not the metal strip of the bottom of the door. The door isn't closed. That was taken right before she went at him with the knife, so of all the photos it's not the one where the door would have been closed. Seeing as his shower door was a cloudy glass door, none of them were taken with the door closed. If the door was closed the cloudy glass, water droplets on the glass and steam from the hot water would make it obvious the door was closed.

GRAPHIC WARNING:
http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.5018326635186422&pid=15.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads