weekend break: discuss the latest here #125

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading the journals and Jodi writes: on her phone that was lost, Travis send a long 10 page scandalous text that would make a steamy romance novel look like a G-rated Disney movie.

Are you kidding me? Really? "nothing personal"??? wow, just...wow!

If one lives in a small town where there either aren't rental cars available or the choice and cost is limited, yes, they would go into another town/city to rent the car.

However, what is wrong with this scenario, is that she is going on an extended "road trip" with no job or finances, her bank account(s) almost depleted, and owing Travis two payments for a car she made inoperable.

MOO

I think she was extremely frustrated/angry about her finances...

Her dad took her to the Hertz rental place the day before her arrest...I suppose it was the one in Yreka

It's been discussed endlessly. They were all likely taken with a flash since indoor photos have to be taken with the flash, and Jodi would know that. A lot of the photos don't look very bright or clear because they had to extract them after having been deleted and the memory card and camera went through a washing machine cycle. It was explained in court that the reason for so many of the photos not looking so good was because of the difficulty in forensically extracting them some of which were only thumbnails that had to be blown up. It has nothing to do with how the photos were taken but the difficulty in extracting them. I'm amazed that all of them didn't come out as indistinct blobs of colors.

BBM. This may have already been said, and I'm quite behind, but I disagree! I'm a photographer and shoot strictly on manual, meaning I adjust my own settings for the lighting and situation that I'm photographing. I *rarely* use flash indoors and instead adjust my camera to the proper settings to accommodate or adjust for the lighting that is available. Any *real* photographer can do this quite easily. I prefer not using the onboard flash as it gives photos a less than appealing look, IMO.

So no, indoor photos do not need to be taken w/ the flash. JA was not a "professional photographer" by any stretch, no matter how many weddings she photographed. JA probably never took her camera off of auto, thus taking the flash off and not knowing how to adjust for the lighting...

I have asked myself and some attorney's that a bazillion times. A friend sent me this one time and I kept it...referring to it often.

Fourth Amendment--freedom from 'unreasonable' search and seizure. No search without a warrant issued based on probable cause. Evidence illegally gathered is not admissible in the trial.

Fifth Amendment--no trial without a legitimate indictment by a grand jury. No double jeopardy (can't be tried twice for the same offense). A person can't be required to testify against himself. And no punishment without due process.

Sixth Amendment--Everyone accused of a crime is entitled to a speedy, public trial (i.e. can't be held indefinitely awaiting trial, and trials are open to the public, not secret). The trial must be in his own city or neighborhood where he is known. A defendant is entitled to know the charges against him, to confront and cross-examine his accuser and the witnesses against him. He's entitled to a lawyer to help him defend himself. He may -compel- witnesses to testify on his behalf. And his guilt is to be decided by a jury of his peers.

Seventh Amendment--In a civil trial, any matter exceeding $20 must be decided by a jury. ($20 must have been a lot of money in those days!)

Eighth Amendment--No excessive bail. No cruel and unusual punishment. (But Supreme Courts have said punishment that is either cruel OR unusual, that's okay. 8^) ).

These are the BASIC rights guaranteed to every person in the US by federal law. You may have more rights granted and protected by individual states.

Yes, yes...But, but.....if the lawyer knows that his client is guilty and his client knows he is guilty, how do you defend someone like this????? It's all a lie, isn't it????:banghead:

I'm listening to Day 2 Part 2 of the trial. JM is questioning the Crime Scene Examiner and at 1:19:20 I heard something I hadn't heard before. As she is describing the items found in Travis's washing machine she mentions a towel and then the camera and THEN mentions the memory card and the digital door which would house the card inside the camera. It seems these items were separate from the camera. I'd always thought the memory card was found inside the camera. So perhaps she did intend to wash her prints and DNA off of the camera by putting it through a wash cycle, but after removing the memory card (which she intended to take with her) she dropped it in the washing machine, as well. God is in the details.

To me this is such a clear cut case. Jodi killed Travis and it was overkill, a slaughter nd there is NOTHING that would excuse or justify it. I'm tried of the BS about he "cheated" on her or called her names or refused to give her credit for editing something he wrote.

We have all had relationships where we were done wrong, cheated on, disrespected, or even much worse and we managed to quit the relationship and put a stop to it. No guns or knives where necessary.

I will be so glad when she locked away and her "fame" and all of the thousands of hours of attention on her are long gone. What an incredible waste of time, money and effort is being wasted on a case where it isn't even a question of who did it, no chance of it being an accident.

Truer words have never been spoken:rocker:

I don’t believe this defense is going to work for JA but it did for Mary Winkler…..
I’m seeing more than a few similarities between JA’s defense and that of Mary Winkler. She claimed PTSD and physical, emotional, verbal and sexual abuse from her pastor husband. She does not remember or acknowledge pulling the trigger of the gun that shot her husband in the back while he was sleeping but wiped the blood from his mouth and then unplugged the phone and left him to die…….

She received a sentence of voluntary manslaughter and only served a few months receiving mental health counseling and now has custody of her three daughters.

Wishbone, didn't their DT do a much better job of proving DV/abuse? I don't remember the details well, but I recall the case and I thought so anyway.

:cow:

Her dad took her to the Hertz rental place the day before her arrest...I suppose it was the one in Yreka

It's been a long day and maybe this question won't make sense...correct me if I'm confused here...
She went 90 miles away to rent a car to take on her killing roadtrip, but when she's heading out right before her arrest, she rents a car right in YREKA? Now why does that seem to spew premeditation and a plan to me?

I'm sorry if this has been brought up before, but I just took a look at a portly member of the DT's web site and I noticed that their bread n' butter is defending child molesters and sex offenders. Is there any truth to that, or is it possible that someone threw up a hoax site - as it does look like a cookie cutter template. TIA

To me this is such a clear cut case. Jodi killed Travis and it was overkill, a slaughter nd there is NOTHING that would excuse or justify it. I'm tried of the BS about he "cheated" on her or called her names or refused to give her credit for editing something he wrote.

We have all had relationships where we were done wrong, cheated on, disrespected, or even much worse and we managed to quit the relationship and put a stop to it. No guns or knives where necessary.

I will be so glad when she locked away and her "fame" and all of the thousands of hours of attention on her are long gone. What an incredible waste of time, money and effort is being wasted on a case where it isn't even a question of who did it, no chance of it being an accident.

I could not thank you because I used mine up...lol

I so agree with you...I really don't care if Travis BEAT JA with in an inch of her life (I know he DID NOT) but what she did to him was so heinous, brutal and evil
that if the jury does NOT convict on the crime scene and autopsy photos ALONE, I don't know what it would take for them to convict her..Maybe a video of the actual slaughter?:furious:

I've tried and tried to think of a situation that "I" could do what Jodi did and I can't think of ANY....Thank God!:please:

Public Defenders are given cases to defend. Private defense attorney's can pick and choose the cases they want. That can be lucrative as the defendant accused must put up a retainer and that can be anywhere from $25,000 to $200,000 to $500,000 (in some high profile or celebrity cases, or big CEO that killed someone cases)

I "think" the Public Defender can't refuse to take a case that he is given. He would have to provide compelling reason of maybe conflict. Someone correct me, but aren't those cases assigned to the Public Defender?

No answer to your question, but as a branch off Nurmi resigned as a public defender and opened his own private practice just as this case opened up. He was assigned to the case, he said no..stating that he had just opened his practice. They then stated they (the court) would pay him his private practice rate if he would stay on. Money talks. He stayed. I so wish I could find the link again for this! This is why I don't feel sorry for him-in this case he could have gotten out of it.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Agree, and living in that room in her grandparents' house, when she had shared a home with DB, lived in Mesa, been in Travis' beautiful new home, and she was extremely JEALOUS. And of course she wouldn't blame herself for disabling the BMW.

MOO

BBM. This may have already been said, and I'm quite behind, but I disagree! I'm a photographer and shoot strictly on manual, meaning I adjust my own settings for the lighting and situation that I'm photographing. I *rarely* use flash indoors and instead adjust my camera to the proper settings to accommodate or adjust for the lighting that is available. Any *real* photographer can do this quite easily. I prefer not using the onboard flash as it gives photos a less than appealing look, IMO.

So no, indoor photos do not need to be taken w/ the flash. JA was not a "professional photographer" by any stretch, no matter how many weddings she photographed. JA probably never took her camera off of auto, thus taking the flash off and not knowing how to adjust for the lighting...

Watch the testimony from day 6 and it discusses the camera and photos.

But IMO the whole "photo session" was just a ruse. She could care less if the photos looked good at all. Her only concern was getting him in the shower where he was naked, wet and enclosed on three sides where she could attack him.

Well, I thought LaViolette could not have sunk any lower, but if this is true.....

It's been posted on the Justice 4 Travis page that when Alyce approached Samantha, she leaned over and said. "NOTHING PERSONAL".

really? How much more personal can you get than trashing a beloved and deceased brother??? I am speechless.

What?! Despicable and creepy! Why does it not shock me that Alyce would say that to Sam?

Whatever she did say - it's out of line and unnecessary.

I'm sorry if this has been brought up before, but I just took a look at a portly member of the DT's web site and I noticed that their bread n' butter is defending child molesters and sex offenders. Is there any truth to that, or is it possible that someone threw up a hoax site - as it does look like a cookie cutter template. TIA

Google his name and you will get the same information.

MOO

Well, I thought LaViolette could not have sunk any lower, but if this is true.....

It's been posted on the Justice 4 Travis page that when Alyce approached Samantha, she leaned over and said. "NOTHING PERSONAL".

really? How much more personal can you get than trashing a beloved and deceased brother??? I am speechless.

"NOTHING PERSONAL" my butt.....Samantha should have hauled off and smacked her and brought it to the Judges attention by screaming.. "Your Honor.. Please keep this, this, this (use your imagination here) ummm... PERSON away from me... :furious: :furious:

Check out this video on YouTube:
Discussing the case hes hilarious
http://youtu.be/4sTqKkSV76k

Jury question

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/vNXmjiQHl4w

I allowed myself to come out a self imposed time out to say thank you!!! Funniest crape ive seen in a long time. Sure pisses the JAII folk off-BONUS!!

Thank you!!

Plus I'm mommy to a bearded dragon lizard....so he gets points with me for that.:floorlaugh:

Bringing this post over for those who were asking about the stab wounds

Originally Posted by Nhic
OK here goes!

She stabbed Travis while he was sitting down in the shower, he got up staggered over to the sink she began to stab him in the back, he goes down, she continues to stab him in the back, he screams and says he can't feel his legs (because she severed one or more nerves), she then slits his throat to stop him from screaming, drags him back to shower, thinks he's still alive, shoots him in the head, puts in in shower, turns water on, etc.

That's what I think happened.
ITA. She stabbed Travis in the vena cava and this is why he was crawling. The vena cava is the major "tube" that carries blood to the heart to be oxygenated. When the vena cava ruptures or begins leaking large amounts of blood the initial symptoms are horrific pain in the low abdomen/back and loss of movement in the lower legs. People rarely survive this type of injury bc the damage occurs quickly. When Jodi says that Travis was crying out that he couldn't feel his legs it was due to the blood loss from his vena cava. So, this part of events I believe Jodi is being truthful about.
_____

One correction, the knife penetrated the Inferior Vena Cava, which carries blood from the heart. He would have still died without medical attention, although it would have taken longer. It was still an incapacitating injury, and who knows the psychological effect of such an injury and of the attack in general.

We've all experienced the woozy adrenal rush of cutting ourselves inadvertently, imagine that chest wound alone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

No, the rapidly fatal stab wound was to the superior vena cava.

AutopsyExert_zps3a3227c6.jpg

[Excerpted from Dr. Horn's report of the autopsy he performed on the body of Travis Alexander: http://cnninsession.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/redactedtravisautopsy.pdf]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela