weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #139

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is kind of OT but it's from AZLawyers post. #2 about people lying on the stand.

I could NEVER lie on the stand. I can't even break a promise let alone lie under oath! I just don't understand some people.

arrogance or ignorance? I tend to to believe it is more ignorance. MOO, this woman is not a practiced expert witness. She appears to have no clue how to comport herself in a high profile criminal proceeding, nor come prepared either to court or the stand (glasses).

I would have thought that too but according to her CV, she has been an expert witness in over 20 trials.

Brought over from the Other Thread

Hey now...I'm over 50 and my Mom is 75 and we both wear funky things. And 70 is the NEW 55
:rocker:

So...if I'm 42...that makes me *really* 27 right?

Brought over from the Other Thread

Hey now...I'm over 50 and my Mom is 75 and we both wear funky things. And 70 is the NEW 55
:rocker:

I'm WRONG about Juror 11 being the 70 yr old. I went and looked at the Jury list and I have no idea how old he is. He is 5'3" and has a long ponytail, but there is no mention of age. I'm going to Time Out now...:facepalm:

This is kind of OT but it's from AZLawyers post. #2 about people lying on the stand.

I could NEVER lie on the stand. I can't even break a promise let alone lie under oath! I just don't understand some people.

I know, Riighhht...( in Juan's voice)...:what:
Just don't get it.....

Who is that annoying blonde talking head on HLN?

She's chastising the jury for being "flippant" and "disrespectful" to Travis and Travis' family when they ask questions like, "Well, you didn't talk to Travis, did you?" That isn't even close to the way in which questions were asked. She's a big pot stirrer.

The actual questions were emphasizing the fact that Travis couldn't tell his side of the story and that DV Lady didn't speak with anyone except Jodi. I think they're making a point to her and to the Family of "We're not buying your snake oil and we don't believe Travis was what you've made him in your mind."

Sometimes I really want to smack the talking heads. :furious:

I KNOW. That was so annoying when she tried to say that Juan would be disrespectful and hurtful towards Travis and his family. SERIOUSLY?

That is the opposite of Juan's position. He is often seen at their side, before, during and after court. He is here FOR Travis and to preserve his reputation.

This Holly Hughes lady has no clue what Travis's family feel about Juan. He is their hero and protector, imo.

Near the end of Alyce's testimony today she said that she believed she got the "Jodi shooting in the closet" info from Dr Samuels...is this a no-no? Is she allowed to be privy to someone else's testimony, and then use is as her own while she's on the stand?

Y'all have a good weekend. Need to get some sanity at French quarter fest

Near the end of Alyce's testimony today she said that she believed she got the "Jodi shooting in the closet" info from Dr Samuels...is this a no-no? Is she allowed to be privy to someone else's testimony, and then use is as her own while she's on the stand?

It's the 'she lied to Samuals TOO' defence, which she didn't ACTUALLY say, but that's how I took it.

Nearly all the jury questions called Jodi out as a liar or ALV as biased. It was :great:

originally posted by boodles
jm: Ma'am, it is 6:00, isn't it?

Alv: I can't answer that question. There are two hands on the clock, and they move. They are moving now, even though it's imperceptible. So i cannot say yes, it's not a yes or no answer.

Jm: Ma'am, the big hand is on the 12 and the shorter one is on the 6, correct? Yes or no.

Alv: It depends what you mean, mr martinez, by "the big hand" and "the shorter one." and what do you mean by "on"? Are you trying to trick me? I just can't answer the question. I don't know what you are asking. A clock has moving parts and numbers. There are different types of clocks, digital and analog. And there are time zones...

Jm: I didn't ask you whether a clock has moving parts. Did i ask you that? Did i ask you about time zones? Ma'am, you do know how to tell time, don't you?

Alv: Yes, mr martinez, i can tell time, but i am here to talk about domestic violence, mr martinez, so when you ask me if its 6:00, i am confused about where you're going.

Jm: Judge, non-responsive. Please instruct the witness...

Jw pops to her feet: Judge, may we approach?

Jss: You may.

Stomp stomp strut strut ==>sidebar ==> 5 minutes of white noise

stomp stomp strut strut back to chairs.

Jss: Ladies and gentlemen, we are taking a recess for 10 minutes.

30 minutes pass

jm: Ma'am, is the time now 6:40? Yes or no.

Alv: The big hand is on the 40 and the little hand is between the 6 and the 7, closer to the 7, so it's 6:40.

Only thing missing is: "May I check my Notes?" and "May I get my Glasses?" LOL

lol..........best post of the day!!

Bringing over from other thread 'cos the door slammed on me and broke my finger. :facepalm:
Respectfully snipped

:therethere: For your finger. :hug:

6a00d83451d02f69e2010535e4d998970b-320wi

Did ALV even talk to JA about the murder? Too old-fashioned for that maybe? Wouldn't want to hurt her feelings?

Could Ms. Wong be called to the stand to verify that she was the person who received the tape with Travis shooting the gun? I'm not concerned whatsoever about her having an attorney, all networks have their own lawyers.

So does that mean she is NOT getting paid for that day.....as she has been subpoenaed by the Court??

Coin-06-june.gif

That would be nice!!

It's my Opinion that the witness did something and it has nothing to do with JA or her testimony in this case, therefore, this is between The Court and The Witness separate from this case. I think it was wise of the Judge to go ahead and let the witness finish with her testimony in the trial and THEN bring her back for a hearing on whatever it is that she did wrong to avoid any chance of mistrial.

I heard the Judge tell her that the Judge wanted her back on Monday, but the witness had something going on that day so the Judge agreed to wait one day and she should return Tuesday - Judge said something like "It's your choice - Monday or Tuesday"...The witness said something like, "but I might have to go get additional tests done" - That's when the Judge told her, "I don't want to hear about your personal problems".....

Just seems to me ALV's arrogance allow her to believe she can just do what she wants.

- Speaks over Judge when there is an objection
- Admits to lying on the stand
- Approaches a member of the victim's family
- Asks to use the bathroom in the middle of testimony
- Gets on the stand but forgets to bring her glasses

Did i miss anything? (BBM)

I really think she has been a huge pain in the backside for everyone involved in the trial, including the DT.

- Gives shout outs to her buddies in court

- Makes smarty pants, patronizing comments to the prosecutor ("Are you angry with me, Mr. Martinez?) and admonishes the prosecutor ("If you were in my group, Mr. Martinez, I'd put you in a Time-Out.

- Stalling, stalling, stalling by pretending she doesn't understand the prosecutor's questions and insisting on providing folksy and annoying anecdotal details then suddenly capable of giving succinct and even monosyllabic answers to the defense attorney.

She was really convinced she was going to ride in and save the day for the defense team but ended up limping off the stand and needing assistance herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member