weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #139

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent post!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I forgot to add part of my point which is that we can see that the best Travis can muster when he's mad is a string of threats to expose Jodi and a string of dirty names that hit to the heart of their relationship--sex. I just think a person who is physically abusive, capable of physical abuse and has in fact physically abused the person he's talking to, would come up with better threats.

But his name-calling and threats really can tell you what he was capable of. Running off at the mouth. I think after he ran off at the mouth and ranted, he wasn't even mad anymore. He didn't even bother going through with said threats. And he still let her in his house and posed for pictures for her after ranting at her like that.

This shows me who Travis was when it came to his anger. Like I said, his biggest weapon was his mouth, and behind that, he was probably just a puppy barking.

Not trying to bash Ms Alyce or anything, but I honestly was listening to the you-tube that was posted of court today. I left the room to get me some Frosted Flakes and upon returning when I heard her tone of voice I could totally tell that Juan was up...her tone of voice is soooo different when Ms. Wilmont is questioning her than it is with Juan !

Yes, I remember reading that in Det Flores' report.

Yes, and JA made a point somewhere along the line to indicate that she had helped him to choose the camera...Ararar...Jealous much?

Yesterday, I really thought she let her mask slip. Today it was back up. Slippage happens. I think we might see it again. Her arrogance is extreme.

moo

Just watching tonight thanks to croakerqueen123 so this was probably noticed pages ago, but for us late-niters - this shows a sneaky psychopath at work doing something with water and kleenex?? - starts at 30:00 and keep watching - about 31:50 is really strange - shaking out the last of the water?...

[video=youtube;SZBMGUvyEIQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZBMGUvyEIQ[/video]

Look... I have a dark sense of humour - and if Alyce had a look at my text messages I'm afraid I would be called an abuser. But wait... I am female so that may be an advantage...:eye::eye:

Between my texts and my computer history on multiple devices... I'm toast

This describes every Italian family I personally have known while growing up! They get it out, they move on, they love each other... And they seem to live much longer than average!

I'm not Italian ... But a lot if that rubbed off. I'm not one to yell... But my mouth! Well you all know it sometimes gets me in trouble cause I get it off my chest:)

I think it's a healthier way to live. Everyone I know says they like the way I am because they always know where they stand with me!

Venting is GOOD!

I weigh enough as it is without carrying any EXTRA LUGGAGE around!! :seeya:

Posted this on the observer thread but putting it here too just in case:

I had a long talk with Samantha this week who asked me " so what is this Websleuths place?" and talked about all the gifts and financial support they've been receiving and how she's doing her best to keep up with thank yous but if she hasn't then to pass along a big thank you to all of Websleuths for being there for the family. And gave me a big , strong, long hug. As I say, my blessing and my gift to be able to know this family and offer anything I can. I will be there with them all the way through and beyond. We are part of each other now.

Thanks. I forgot to add part of my point which is that we can see that the best Travis can muster when he's mad is a string of threats to expose Jodi and a string of dirty names that hit to the heart of their relationship--sex. I just think a person who is physically abusive, capable of physical abuse and has in fact physically abused the person he's talking to, would come up with better threats.

But his name-calling and threats really can tell you what he was capable of. Running off at the mouth. I think after he ran off at the mouth and ranted, he wasn't even mad anymore. He didn't even bother going through with said threats. And he still let her in his house and posed for pictures for her after ranting at her like that.

This shows me who Travis was when it came to his anger. Like I said, his biggest weapon was his mouth, and behind that, he was probably just a puppy barking.

He wasn't THAT angry... He didn't drive 1000 miles to kill her!

Could someone refresh my memory? What was the "Purple Plum incident," on June 13, 2008?

Thanks!

You don't need physical abuse to be in a battering relationship. Alyce was very clear about that. It's also true.

That's what the whole character assassination discussion was about. Soul murder.

Battering in her continuum was one step above abuse and one step below terrorism.

IMO
I don't care what Alyce thinks. Her opinion of this case and Travis, means nothing to me, and it held ZERO weight with the jurors! She lost all credibility in this case. Her ever changing "continuum" is non-sense, in THIS case. Period. JMO.

Now, if she were to apply her "continuum" to JA, she would find that Travis was stalked, battered, and his character was assassinated by JA, not the other way around. Travis was the victim in her "continuum"!!

ALV had one pulled over on her...many other experts refused this case. It's probably not entirely her fault, but at the end of the day, she still TRASHED the victim. I have no pity for her, in THIS case.

Just watching tonight thanks to croakerqueen123 so this was probably noticed pages ago, but for us late-niters - this shows a sneaky psychopath at work doing something with water and kleenex?? - starts at 30:00 and keep watching - about 31:50 is really strange - shaking out the last of the water?...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZBMGUvyEIQ

She's MacGuyvering some sort of weapon out of water, kleenex, and stubby little pencils. :panic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZBMGUvyEIQ

When she writes in her notebook while they are at sidebar I just want to vomit.

Watch her body language and how animated and forceful her left arm is as she's writing.

It's all for show. It's ALL for show. She is aware of every hair, every lip purse, every facial expression.

I sit and watch it and at the same time I'm repelled by it but can't turn away.

Terrible of me. :jail:

When ALV answered one of the jurors questions, she said "During the Defensive Event of June 4" (or something like that)...I thought Juan might show the pictures of Travis' defensive wounds to his hands trying to stop her from repeatedly stabbing him. But in hindsight, I think this Jury knows and Juan knows they know.....JMO

It would be interesting to hear y'alls take on ALV's statement today where she said she after 34 yrs., she didn't have much of a retirement account...then Juan cut her statement short. IMO I think it was the impetus for her to testify as a DV in this trial. 30 plus grand would sure help her retirement coffers out.

Her next words were going to be: so, folks, if you'll look to your left or to your right, you'll see an usher passing around a donation bowl. I'm happy to get the kind of help that jingles but I'd rather have the kind that folds."

That's simply not true. In fact, Jodi's journal was not much help to her.

The majority of the evidence is Jodi and Travis talking back and forth, all day, every day, for months.

Plus interviews with friends, family, former boyfriends, former girlfriends, Travis journals, Travis blogs.

Like she kept saying, she did not need one word from Jodi Arias herself to arrive at her conclusions.

I think because you have never seen what she has seen you might think it doesn't exist. For some reason, the court is not allowing us to see it. But, it exists. That was made clear.

IMO

There is NOTHING in any of Travis's blogs or his journals, that corroborate or describe or discuss ANY domestic violence against anyone in his life.

There is NOTHING that was said by any of Travis's friends or family or ex's, that describe him EVER being physically abusive to anyone.

I don't understand what you mean when you say:

"Like she kept saying, she did not need one word from Jodi Arias herself to arrive at her conclusions."

WHEN did ALV say that?

Just because she read the texts and IM's between Jodi and Travis, it does not mean she KNOWS there wAs ever any DV. Neither of them ever discussed any.

Could someone refresh my memory? What was the "Purple Plum incident," on June 13, 2008?

Thanks!

As far as I know, it wasn't admitted as evidence. As an "expert" witness LAV could have referred to it but she didn't. Which was JM's point. Why wouldn't she?

Err...Do you happen to have a link to the ten minutes when JW went all warp speed today? Just asking...

: )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member