weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #139

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paging T D-B from Grapevine TX...i don't remember your posting name but your item arrived in the mail today. :)

And sexually debased

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And guess we should thank the DV expert for completely blowing all of Nurmi's hard work talking up the sex!

Good night folks. Sweet dreams. My IPad is about dead!!!!

I think we're talking about two different things here. The hearing involving Ms. Wong is pretty clearly just a continuation of the public mistrial hearing about Juan and the autographs, etc. The defense filed two motions that were very similar on the "circus atmosphere" issue, and at least one of them has been posted here. The other was summarized in great detail in news articles and probably posted as well. Those motions are no big secret, and no one is pretending they are secret.

The "issue" regarding ALV seems to be something separate. There is nothing filed with the clerk's office to look at regarding the "issue." And there have been a whole lot of sealed in-chambers meetings involving ALV. If the "issue" to be heard Tuesday has anything to do with the sealed in-chambers meetings, then the hearing will probably not be in open court--and even if it is, the judge has very likely ordered everyone involved in the sealed meetings not to discuss it until then. And even if she hasn't, the attorneys at least would be aware that you can't disclose things discussed in sealed meetings with the judge.

I'm so glad you're here AZ! Been wondering why you haven't weighed in on this case more seeing as how it's an Arizona trial. Nice to see you :seeya:.

Are you saying you think there is something hinky going on with this witness? Can you even give us a guess as to what you think the "issue" is with her?

Yawn....

It's only a pattern when it's to Travis's detriment.

And never ever a pattern when it could paint Jodi in a bad light.

Like... a pattern of lying? From the liar's mouth?

I would love to see JW going off on super speed. Uh, does anyone have a link? I saw most of today but not that part! Please?

The fact is that 29 stab wounds, a slit throat, and a gun shot to the face is not self defense. That is what has to be decided. jmo

Thank you. This truly sums it all up.

the dsc-h9 is only listed on amazon for 1400 now bc it is discontinued. it is not, never was, a top of the line camera.

even when new, it was well under 500.00.

here's a link for more info:

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/sony/dsc_h9-review/

Ahh. I didn't know it was discontinued at the time I bookmarked it. Just wanted to see what it looked like and what the big deal was since Jodi thought saying she dropped it by accident would be enough to cause Travis to go nuts.

Taking this a step farther in thinking about men and electronics, etc my bf has a Mark III I was using on a trip. I didn't drop it but I banged it against something hard one day and I swear I stopped breathing for a second.

Turns out he only made me want to cry from boredom because he launched into this whole lecture about why and how the camera should be held and how it should hang so that the lens is down and protected blah blah blah blah blah and his camera is 4 x the cost of mine and I probably would flip at least a little if he dropped it.

So maybe some people are pickier about their things than others.

But from how people have described him, Travis didn't seem as if he would have really cared about the camera being accidentally dropped, whether it was $200 or $1500.

Because all of her b.s. stories seem to have a touch of the truth, I think she may have held it up during the argument they must have had and told him she was going to smash it and maybe he made a "lunge" for it to save it from dropping and that's when she started her attack.

He'd be off guard, wet, naked and in a very vulnerable position.

If she gets the death penalty and all of her appeals run out, I have this really horrible ugly feeling that when the witnesses are in the observation room and she's asked if she has anything she'd like to say, she will either tell them how Travis died in the most brutal way possible or before she's executed, she will have gotten one of her minions to get those photographs and the gun from where ever she's hidden them and have the whole package delivered to his family to open.

I don't know why I'm so convinced she'd do that but she loves drama and the only thing valuable she has left at this point is the truth about how he died and why.

I hope even she isn't that evil.

No. You can't claim that.

I know what the arguments will be but I'm not going to argue them here.

IMO
So let me get this straight...you think if someone is abused verbally then that justifies physical violence on their part...up to and including 29 stab wounds, slashed throat and bullet to the head?

JM needs to subpoena a hair-twirling 20 year old to testify to how the millennial generation uses social media and texting. :silly:

Well that video creeped me out. I think Arias was just creeping about as usual... I refuse to watch it again!

She looks like I used to look on Quaaludes! I really don't think she had anything in her hand. My God she is so strange.

I still have one little unknown - Violette, when referring to the "Manifesto", said that Lisa "TOLD HER" that JA wanted to autograph it and get copies in case she became famous one day. How did this witness find out about JA wanting to sign this so-called manifesto?

Who is Lisa and how did this witness get this info?

And yet today could not even make this very same comment (BBM) when JM asked her about it...simply stated I have nvr seen the manifesto.

I am so out of touch with this thread...I miss you guys. Only so much I can keep up with (and now I'm doing twitter too...arrrgh).

1. just posted my trial notes from yesterday and

2. Did you catch that ALV and JW and MdlR decided to dine last night at the one and only spot they would be MOST SEEN in all of Phoenix related to this trial? The hotel where most of the media stay and where we all usually go for Happy Hour. Is she really trying to be unnoticed? I smell a set up.

When Geraldo said tonite that he thinks the DP should only apply to those that are MASS Murderers, it reminded me - Both Dick Samuels and ALV probably agree and only testified to avoid the DP for someone that deserves it in my opinion. The jurors never asked either of these two witnesses if they agreed with the death penalty. This is the very reason why the DT used these last two witnesses, isn't it? To try to convince the jurors not to put her to death?

Just my opinion of course.

Like... a pattern of lying? From the liar's mouth?

Exactly!

Or like physical abuse... Like kicking and slapping your mother, kicking a dog, and slaughtering a man.

But.... Text messages pegging her for what she is and has done...that's abusive!

Eyeroll

Below is the link that shows how the JM picture/video all began, pre HLN. This may have already been posted, but if not, I thought some of you might find it interesting.
JM was not expecting the situation, yet made a choice to be gracious instead of dismissive.

http://www.azcentral.com/video/2261149720001

He was belligerent, he wasn't abusive. Abuseive is an adjective that characterizes a relationship, how two people interact over time.
This was an explosive episode of which there is no evidence it characterizes their relationship.

Ahhh...come on Schuby. You have to know I meant the "context" of the message was abusive, not Travis! :floorlaugh:

I'm so glad you're here AZ! Been wondering why you haven't weighed in on this case more seeing as how it's an Arizona trial. Nice to see you :seeya:.

Are you saying you think there is something hinky going on with this witness? Can you even give us a guess as to what you think the "issue" is with her?

Yes, I've posted a few times about it. Probably the legal thread would be the easiest place to look.

The problem is that she used the texts, plus Arias' words, to corroborate that he WAS physically abusive. Had she came in and said, listen, I believe there's evidence of verbal abuse, that would be entirely different.

Don't forget that Arias' entire defense case rests on him PHYSICALLY attacking her.

No. In fact, ALV said today that it didn't change her opinion even if there was no physical abuse.

Again, that was the whole discussion on character assassination--soul murder.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member