weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #140

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would ALV dare to testify that she based her in-court testimony on the report(s) of another expert, in this case RS? I mean the whole "shot him in the closet" is a BIG DEAL! Why would I believe that she didn't hear this directly from the defendent herself? If we or the jury were to believe her- that she had no idea what transpired on the day of the shooting- why the heck didn't she make an effort to find out? Did her DV evaluation stop at the moment Jodi picked up the knife?

I think just like men she fell under the jodi spell...jodi manipulated her and she will not admit it.

Maybe a little off topic but tonight on the Lifetime channel they are airing a movie called "Stalkers". Might be good to compare the Jode to what they plan to show!

Thank you so much for this post! I hadn't looked at the Lifetime schedule for today and will post this on the TV shows board here at WS now. Looks like the movie is based on the real case of a female stalker.

Tonight at 8:00PM (EDT) on Lifetime:

Stalkers (TV 2013)

Revolves around a criminal prosecutor who penned the law on stalking in California and is based on the true story of a hot-head cop and polished district attorney who team to bring a stalker obsessed with her former lover to justice.

Alas, some of my best posts are gone forever. I wonder if anyone ever saw them? ;)

I concur...
Pith, prose and pontification are often lost in a plume of political correctness ....

(Lol...I had my alliteration vitamin today :floorlaugh:

I personally do not believe Travis EVER abused her, But I also believe he would not have allowed her to abuse him. He was abused as a young child and I can't see him abusing anyone. I think it's all a bunch of bunk!!

I also believe that after JA changed her story to self defense.....that ALV convinced her she had been abused. I am sure we will never know for sure, but I think I would have to see a video of Travis being abusive and then I might have to question that.

Didn't ALV say something to the effect of she had to convince JA she had been abused? That, when they met, she spoke positively of TA? Something like that. The gist was that JA didn't come out and say, "I was abused," and that they had to work their way to that. I think that, because she had this woman sitting there telling her she had been abused, JA thought that it would be a good cover.

I personally do not believe Travis EVER abused her, But I also believe he would not have allowed her to abuse him. He was abused as a young child and I can't see him abusing anyone. I think it's all a bunch of bunk!!

I also believe that after JA changed her story to self defense.....that ALV convinced her she had been abused. I am sure we will never know for sure, but I think I would have to see a video of Travis being abusive and then I might have to question that.

Hypothetically speaking (see the effect JM has on me!)even if Travis did all the violent things JA claims he did prior to the murder I would still consider him a saint! She is evil personified!

The fact is there is no evidence of ANY abuse because he never abused her. She slashed tires, destroyed his car, invaded his privacy, hid in his closet while he was out, stalked, confronted him about this and that and he STILL allowed her around him as a 'friend'.This tells me all I need to know about Travis. An ordinary person would never have put up with so much abuse. Travis did and it speaks volumes about the kind of person he was.

Beside the killing of TA -- I would get so PO'd every time JA would say "When Travis passed away......."

Gr-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r- :furious:

Plus when they turned around TA words when (JA) was egging him on the tape - and he said "She sounded like a 12 year Girl...."

Since I come from a FARM, Thank God TA never said something like "She sounded like a Cat in Heat". The DT would have started to include *Barn Animals* and put Barn Animals on the witness stand.

They took words and Twisted them so much, Geeeeeeeeeeeez

That's exactly what I believe she called him for.

(And Mikee so gets it all about JA. He's funny without out making fun of the wrong things.)

I love this guy. He's bang on about JA and his cute accent (I can't tell if he's Chinese, French Canadian or a mix, lol) just adds to his charm! I'm going to watch all his videos tomorrow! I hope JM goes through a map with the jury just as Mikee has done.

It happened to my nephew last year during his brief marriage. She scratched the heck out of him and then kicked him down the stairs. He wouldn't even admit it at the E.R. to the Doctor. He had a very badly sprained ankle. We didn't know for months what really happened. :furious:

By ALV's logic, that wouldn't match the violence of being kicked if the kick was by a man on a woman. :-/

There are a lot of stories like that out there. Men are even more silent victims than women are.

When the Judge was addressing ALV at the end of the day yesterday the Judge stated that there was going to be a hearing on a matter of which she (ALV) was aware which may or may not be addressed on Tuesday. It sounds as if this or part of this hearing has to do with ALV.

I am going to try to find the video....but I am 'video posting deficient'...where is A News Junkie??.....I swear I heard the judge start to say, 'what you said'....and stopped at sa...........if anyone can post it or find it, please check and see if I heard what I am almost sure I heard. TIA

Didn't ALV say something to the effect of she had to convince JA she had been abused? That, when they met, she spoke positively of TA? Something like that. The gist was that JA didn't come out and say, "I was abused," and that they had to work their way to that. I think that, because she had this woman sitting there telling her she had been abused, JA thought that it would be a good cover.

It is either that or JA was familiar with the point ALV made about battered woman 'minimizing'. In the police interview with her mother, her mom talked about how well-read JA was, reading books she wouldn't even think of reading. I think it is possible she had read a book or two on domestic abuse.

My double-u key doesn't vork (!), so if I sound like I'm doing a bad Garbo imitation please forgive:

Does anyone kno vhy JA fired her first DT?

double v (vv) looks pretty much like w...

(I always notice that when I type "s a v v y" - and it looks like "sawy"!) :facepalm:

The video I'm watching about JA's premeditation by Mikee Daniels (youtube) is real good. I agree with him that JA called Travis to not only make sure he'd be around but also to find out about his roommates schedules etc. She probably asked questions about them in a casual, 'friendly' manner and Travis gave the answers she needed.

Is there any proof that Travis knew she was coming to Mesa? I haven't been able to find anything.

Hypothetically speaking (see the effect JM has on me!)even if Travis did all the violent things JA claims he did prior to the murder I would still consider him a saint! She is evil personified!

The fact is there is no evidence of ANY abuse because he never abused her. She slashed tires, destroyed his car, invaded his privacy, hid in his closet while he was out, stalked, confronted him about this and that and he STILL allowed her around him as a 'friend'.This tells me all I need to know about Travis. An ordinary person would never have put up with so much abuse. Travis did and it speaks volumes about the kind of person he was.

Totally agree. Now the jurors need to do for Travis what he was unable to accomplish himself - send Jodi Arias away for good!!!

snipped by me

Oh please - I in no way believe that JA was ever uncomfortable with any sexual act with TA. And who believes that the first BJ was suggested by TA instead of JA (per her words)? I'm thoroughly convinced she initiated sex with him ASAP to get him intrigued, hooked and married as fast as possible. This kind of thing has been going on since the beginning of time.

Exactly. ALV was duped by the baby voice that JA uses on people. It doesn't get everyone, definitely didn't work on Flores, but it works on some people.

didn't she say she gave JA some books? well, what i think is when they decided on the domestic violence angle, ALV sent her books to study and spent a lot of that 44 hours schooling her in DV lingo and catch words. i wish we knew what books she sent her.

snipped by me

Oh please - I in no way believe that JA was ever uncomfortable with any sexual act with TA. And who believes that the first BJ was suggested by TA instead of JA (per her words)? I'm thoroughly convinced she initiated sex with him ASAP to get him intrigued, hooked and married as fast as possible. This kind of thing has been going on since the beginning of time.[/

Flores interrogation tape! (Jodie said to her dad) that she and Travis were going to get married. Cracked me up she actually, Asked detective flores if she could take a lie detector test! Would it help her.
Delusional lol

What's driving me batty this weekend is what is going on with ALV. Her testimony supposedly was over. Jury questions were done. Follow up was done by both sides.
BUT! The Judge said she has to be there on Tuesday to continue her 'testimony'.
What is this all about? She isn't being recalled on her role as DT DV expert, right? So far nothing appears on the docket about other motions being entered or filed.... any wise sleuthers have a good idea of what's coming up with ALV? I can't wait for Tuesday....and I have to work that day too....darn it, oh crap, gosh, even :)
The judge said ALV was still under subpeona meaning she has to be there on Tues. She did not say testimony. She just said "other matter". I think there is something the judge wants to get on record in front of the jury, like a formal reprimand of ALV. ALV was trying hard to weasel out of it saying she had more tests coming up and didn't know which day- Mon. or Tues.

Just finished yesterday's testimony. I know there was discussion about what was said at the very end...the Judge does state making preparations directly to ALV...and she does mention "completing her testimony on Tuesday unless released by subpoena." Something related to the "whatever" will be discussed on record on Monday. About 2:50
Jodi Arias Murder Trial Day 46 Complete HD ( 4.12.13) - YouTube
Sorry if this has already been mentioned.
When asked about follow up after the last juror question was read, willmott said no your honor..Jm stood up and asked about the closet again and the day ended..I don't think ALV will testify more. I guess we just have to wait until monday/tuesday and let that. The defense has yet to rest so they might call another witness.

I love this guy. He's bang on about JA and his cute accent (I can't tell if he's Chinese, French Canadian or a mix, lol) just adds to his charm! I'm going to watch all his videos tomorrow! I hope JM goes through a map with the jury just as Mikee has done.

I <3 Mikee 'kung Pau' Daniels ....
every video is a classic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads