weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #140

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think her fake apologies and sex lured Travis that day.

Agree that she made a stealth trip but I also think she broke into the house somehow.

The first nude picture of Travis in bed with his leg bent doesn't look like a pose and in the other photo, his hand was actually up as if to block her shot.

She had to have known what time the roommate(s) would be returning because she was trying to get out quickly while also trying to get rid of her prints. Amazing that the only print she left behind was that bloody palm print which she forgot about in her haste because she wiped down surfaces she touched and was careful not to touch many things.

Were it not for the bloody palm print, the camera and those clumps of her hair poor Travis probably ripped out of her head, she wouldn't have been nailed as quickly.

Of course, being so egocentric, she probably still would have repeatedly contacted Det. Flores and his spidey sense would have gone off the charts and he would've had her anyway.

And you know ... we don't know that they actually had sex. Just her word. We don't know for sure if Travis, feeling the way he felt about her "scamming" him may not have wanted to or he couldn't do it and that ticked her off because sex was her last hold on him.

Wish we knew what happened.

I agree. They went the wrong direction in trying to garner sympathy from the jury. They tried to manipulate the jury to think that JA was in an abusive relationship. I think that this is a JA led defense though. She decided the direction she wanted to go and I don't think any atty would have been able to talk her out of it. Besides that, she wasn't going to admit to having any mental deficiencies on her part.

It was a good article. Thanks for posting Mrs. G. DeAnna, I agree with you.

Even if this were true :floorlaugh: I do not understand why people think lying on the stand is of no consequence! :furious:

Because every single one of us went through the Casey Anthony trial?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

The mods asked us not to spend too much time talking about the article. But we certainly get to discuss what Alyce said on the stand, though! I'm still trying to recover from the idea that if I send a text that says "empty your voicemail box, it's full" that I'm an abuser because I didn't say "please." :what:

As I remember, when ALV's phone went off in the courtroom, she said,"that's my phone..just turn it off"...no please or thank you.

someone thought of this, I can't take th credit, but it sure makes sense:

Jodi's phone was full because she was saving messages to set Travis up. ALSO while Travis was in the shower I should say every time he was in the shower jodi probably took his phone and sent herself text messages to make it look like it came from his phone which of course it did, but not from Travis, then deleted all his sent messages,because one of the text messages they read in court Travis said "did you use my phone last night" jodi said " no why?" he followed with " oh nothing never mind" jodi was setting Travis up for some time now.

I keep asking this as a serious, not snarky question.... does the state of AZ have an requirements for a witness to be seated as an "expert"?

I am sure there are..I imagine it varies as to their expertise

~~~IMO

Those nude photos were ALL taken by Jodi. Using the auto feature. Travis is asleep in his and it's time stamped 50 sec AFTER Jodi's pics.

I personally do not believe Travis EVER abused her, But I also believe he would not have allowed her to abuse him. He was abused as a young child and I can't see him abusing anyone. I think it's all a bunch of bunk!!

I also believe that after JA changed her story to self defense.....that ALV convinced her she had been abused. I am sure we will never know for sure, but I think I would have to see a video of Travis being abusive and then I might have to question that.

Same here...the abuse story is just all smoke and mirrors to detract from the horror of the story and from the victim...Travis who was brutally murdered and left to rot in his own shower...jmo

Back in March of this year, my son had a very disturbing incident at college where he helped out a male friend of his at the hospital. Friend had a female acquaintance show up at his door late one night; they'd had a sexual relationship and she was confronting him about not calling her. Both had been drinking. He said something about not calling due to hearing that she was seeing other guys; she took his straight razor and did some damage to his hands and then to herself.

BTW, this young man is prolly 6' 4" and strong. Her injuries were self-inflicted.

She went to the hospital in an ambulance, while he went in a police car. No charges were brought, even though this took place in a state that has mandatory reporting for this type of injury/incident.

My son was traumatized by this. He saw his friend's very bloody apartment and his friend's hand, which had bone showing from the slashes.

Congress is in the process of revising the Violence Against Women Act with some members trying to expand it to include LGBT, immigrants, and Native Americans (what the heck?) Maybe if they can't see fit to make it Violence Against People Act we could start a petition to pass a Travis Alexander Act.

indicts only men as her caveat is only about same sex couples when she permits them to drop the patriarchy. If your entire system is premised on the notion that only men are eligible to be the perpetrators then that seems to itself say an awful lot about your system.

Great post, and the quote perfectly supports your argument -- she does start with a PC and entirely reasonable position, but can't help slide into her real perspective which does not grant any real sympathy for male victims -- almost justifying it by her quantifying statement. How she makes sense of putting those two clauses in the same statement without imganing that a)violence against men isn't that bad, and (b) somehow, men deserve it because they've done it so much worse to women, is beyond me.

:cow:

Rut Roh' been watching too much of the trial with grandson in the room! I just asked him to clean his room and he said He didn't want to clean his room! I said "Did I ask you if you wanted to cleanyour room"? He told me I sounded just like Juan Martinez!!

Glad he didn't say you sounded like JW "Didiaskyoufyouwantedtocleanyourroom?"

Did anyone catch ALV's bizarre, offhand remark about Travis being a Republican? Actually, she mentioned it twice during her ramblings on the stand. I can only deduce that, in addition to being a man-hater, she also hates Republicans, lol!

***This was in no way intended to be a political statement. It was just such an off-the-wall nutty comment.

I bet this case was the first and last time in Nurmi's life that a woman threatened suicide if he left her.

Re: The made-for-TV movie Stalkers that's on at 8:00PM (EDT) tonight is on Lifetime, not LMN. My apologies.

Tonight at 8:00PM (EDT) on Lifetime:

Stalkers (TV 2013)

Revolves around a criminal prosecutor who penned the law on stalking in California and is based on the true story of a hot-head cop and polished district attorney who team to bring a stalker obsessed with her former lover to justice.

double v (vv) looks pretty much like w...

(I always notice that when I type "s a v v y" - and it looks like "sawy"!) :facepalm:

I tried the double v, but my posts sounded like they vvere vvritten by Col. Klink!:floorlaugh:

Did anyone catch ALV's bizarre, offhand remark about Travis being a Republican? Actually, she mentioned it twice during her ramblings on the stand. I can only deduce that, in addition to being a man-hater, she also hates Republicans, lol!

***This was in no way intended to be a political statement. It was just such an off-the-wall nutty comment.

Caught it. Took it as more character assassination :floorlaugh:

I found the article ALV wrote for the Women's Studies Encyclopedia, it's titled "Battered Husband Syndrome (and Other Tall Tales)".

In it she says "a woman's violence does not create a battered husband syndrome."

:what:

I am disgusted with ALV. Absolutely disgusted.

Wow! Knock me over with a feather. Poor ALV really needs to get out more. I know a number of guys who had or have wives or girlfriends that beat the wonkers or out them. The only reason I ever found out how the injuries happened was because I was the one who knew how to patch folks up. Men just don't talk about it because it's not manly. Violence knows no gender bounds and it's sexist to say it does. IMO :moo:

Nope. She called him on her way but she claims he persuaded her to come all the way to Mesa. Yeah right.

All her pre-murder work (car, hair colour, gas cans, cell phone off in Arizona etc.) would have been for nothing had she told Travis about visiting him in advance. There is one theory: She tells him she wants to stop by to apologize in person, give him the sex tape (I believe her blackmail is what got Travis SO mad in May), return his money, and say goodbye because she really wants to move on. In this case she could have said 'Btw, don't tell anyone I'm visiting because I don't want anyone to think we're getting back together". This could have happened but she runs the risk of Travis telling his friends anyway. Why increase the chances of him telling his friends? A surprise visit makes more sense in everyway. It reduced her chances of him telling anyone.

I think her fake apologies and sex lured Travis that day into having sex with her one last time. He knew he didn't want physical stuff with her anymore. He wanted to find a good woman to marry. He was going to Cancun. I really think he thought he would have sex with JA one last time and she'd be out of his life after that.

I agree! I also think she wanted to take the photos so she would forever have a TROPHY. She could look at the pictures for the rest of her life and gloat looking at Travis's last moments on earth.

:furious:

BBM ~ Now, wouldn't that be something? :facepalm:

JSS said something about not caring about ALV's personal problems on Friday.

I think once Monday is done, ALV may have to put up with the collateral damaged incurred (from ALL angles) because she chose to represent the DT this high profile case.

I got the impression that ALV had a doctor appt Monday and didn't want to come on Tues because what if she had to go for tests...JSS didn't want to hear about her personal problems...just plan to there as she was under subpoena. Personally I hope she doesn't show up and they go get her and drag her to court in handcuffs!:blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli