weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #140

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't even understand what Samuels and LaViolette were for anyway -- neither of them testified about why jodi would be afraid for her life on June 4 when she shot Travis and then blacked out and stabbed him and slashed his throat.

I think Samuels was supposed to try and diagnose her with PTSD from the ongoing domestic violence from the relationship. I think was expected to lead the way for the DV expert to come in and bolster that opinion, that Jodi was battered and fragile, and so it makes sense she would go a bit overboard in that self defense incident.

But Samuels bumbled so badly out the gate, he never was able to pull it off. The best he could get was PTSD from the MURDER she committed. Which is useless, pretty much.

That was a pretty weak foundation for ALV to try and build her framework on. So she is left with saying " Shore, she lied, but that does not make her a liar. "

Geraldo thinks the jury will convict Jodi of manslaughter. Mark Geragos thinks she won't get the death penalty-- that she will be convicted of a lesser charge. One of them said that, before this last witness or two, Jodi was probably going to be acquitted. I think she will be convicted of first-degree murder, but I don't think she'll get the death penalty, although that's what she deserves.
Does anyone actually watch Geraldo any more ?

I don't know how much storage units are there, but I bet they're more expensive to rent than here, and they're not cheap here at all!

As someone else was saying, who all was bankrolling this chick? Grandma and grandpa? Mom and dad? Darryl? Matt? Gus? Travis?

I believe both Jodi and ALV mentioned JA "lending" money to TA which, of course, I found quite ludricrous. I'm wondering if JM by any chance has her checking/savings acccount records from 2007-2008 to show her monthly balances and put that lie to rest.

:floorlaugh:

Geraldo - Al Capone's Vault :floorlaugh:

Geragos - Peterson's on death row :floorlaugh:

Geraldo- isn't there a hurricane somewhere he can be reporting from the middle of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont put much stock in what either Geraldo or Gerragos have to say....Scott Peterson might agree with me hehe...Does Geraldo really still have a show? And that mustache?

Geraldo thinks the jury will convict Jodi of manslaughter. Mark Geragos thinks she won't get the death penalty-- that she will be convicted of a lesser charge. One of them said that, before this last witness or two, Jodi was probably going to be acquitted. I think she will be convicted of first-degree murder, but I don't think she'll get the death penalty, although that's what she deserves.

Geragos grandstanded Scott P's trial and ultimately lost. Geraldo opened Al Capone's vault and found nothing. Why should either of them be taken seriously now?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I really don't even understand what Samuels and LaViolette were for anyway -- neither of them testified about why jodi would be afraid for her life on June 4 when she shot Travis and then blacked out and stabbed him and slashed his throat.

No doubt about that. We haven't heard anything to indicate that she was justified in using the amount of force she did to fend off anything -- much less the insultingly stupid "he body slammed me" excuse she offered. She did not convince anyone that any event in that bathroom constituted sufficient grounds for her to harbor a legitimate fear for her life.

Now, of course, she insists that said fear was the product of two earlier near death incidents at the hands of Travis. Of course, there's that pesky problem of no corroboration, which is more troublesome than usual given that the defendant is a proven liar with so many under her belt at this point that there is really no justification for believing anything she says anyway.

Troubles with truth-telling notwithstanding, I think the "slashed his throat" is always going to be the bottom line for me. Who even thinks of doing something like that? In my book, only someone who likes the idea of doing it. That's the kind of thing someone like that has thought about before, and maybe often. That doesn't spell self-defense in any language.

:cow:

I found the video where Alyce is talking about Jodi's story of cutting herself while slicing apples.

It's Day 43, April 9 ...

Either this video or the one after it

Jodi Arias Trial - Day 43 - Part 1 - YouTube

I missed this whole entire day of testimony - how did that happen??

That's where ALV came in with the battered woman bs. The inference being that after all the abuse Travis heaped on JA (clearly a lie), that final day was the last straw and JA snapped and went nuts.

All of it is bs, but they were paid to testilie and they did. :banghead:

For anyone to believe JA was a victim of abuse at the hand of Travis is an affront to every true victim of domestic violence.

Travis was, and will always be, the only victim in this case. Not JA.

MOO

Arizona is one of those few places that actually uses the death penalty instead of just talking about it. I lost respect for both of those attorneys when they talked about the murder of Anna Nicole Smith and then the Casey Anthony case. My 8 ball is right more than they are.:great:

I shouldn't talk... My record is horrible!

I've been wrong a lot!

OJ
Thought the Ramsey's would at minimum be indicted...and arrested
Michael Jackson
Phil Spector ... First trial
Casey Anthony
.... Too many to remember actually. So put no stock in my opinions!

I would love to be able to be in the heads of the two dismissed jurors now that they are out and free to hear what we hear....

I think Samuels was supposed to try and diagnose her with PTSD from the ongoing domestic violence from the relationship. I think was expected to lead the way for the DV expert to come in and bolster that opinion, that Jodi was battered and fragile, and so it makes sense she would go a bit overboard in that self defense incident.

But Samuels bumbled so badly out the gate, he never was able to pull it off. The best he could get was PTSD from the MURDER she committed. Which is useless, pretty much.

That was a pretty weak foundation for ALV to try and build her framework on. So she is left with saying " Shore, she lied, but that does not make her a liar. "

Again, when the defense attorneys were going over their strategy in their minds, I think they must have thought this was all going to hang together a lot more than it actually did

I believe both Jodi and ALV mentioned JA "lending" money to TA which, of course, I found quite ludricrous. I'm wondering if JM by any chance has her checking/savings acccount records from 2007-2008 to show her monthly balances and put that lie to rest.

He did ask her about filing income tax returns....

What could Juan be up to???!!!

:D

I found the video where Alyce is talking about Jodi's story of cutting herself while slicing apples.

It's Day 43, April 9 ...

Either this video or the one after it

Jodi Arias Trial - Day 43 - Part 1 - YouTube

I missed this whole entire day of testimony - how did that happen??

Because it has become snooze inducing. However she tells this and then later she admits she got this from other sources and JA did not really tell her it was an apple.

Her story (read: lie) was that she dropped the camera, then in a rage Travis lunged for her making her fear for her life.

Problem was there was nothing to indicate Travis was violent or abusive in the past. It just wouldn't be rational to think that a person who wasn't violent would suddenly lunge out of a shower dripping wet and naked so he could kill the person who accidentally fumbled his camera (as opposed to a normal person lunging out of the shower so he could try to catch the camera).

Her two experts were unable to bring their respective puzzle pieces together because they were made of sand, lol.

No doubt about that. We haven't heard anything to indicate that she was justified in using the amount of force she did to fend off anything -- much less the insultingly stupid "he body slammed me" excuse she offered. She did not convince anyone that any event in that bathroom constituted sufficient grounds for her to harbor a legitimate fear for her life.

Now, of course, she insists that said fear was the product of two earlier near death incidents at the hands of Travis. Of course, there's that pesky problem of no corroboration, which is more troublesome than usual given that the defendant is a proven liar with so many under her belt at this point that there is really no justification for believing anything she says anyway.

Troubles with truth-telling notwithstanding, I think the "slashed his throat" is always going to be the bottom line for me. Who even thinks of doing something like that? In my book, only someone who likes the idea of doing it. That's the kind of thing someone like that has thought about before, and maybe often. That doesn't spell self-defense in any language.

:cow:

Agreed...its such a savage act imo

For anyone to believe JA was a victim of abuse at the hand of Travis is an affront to every true victim of domestic violence.

Travis was, and will always be, the only victim in this case. Not JA.

MOO

If their genders were reversed... She would have sang a different tune!

Her parents said that Jodi would not let them visit her, and that she had really had no contact for several years. I firmly believe she was making her money through some sort of sex industry. Maybe call girl, phone sex, or something just on the street. I know that someone said she was a nympho. jmo

With her morals and principles I can see your above theory happening, Really, where did she get all the money for car rentals, gas, mani/pedies, clothes. hair dye, make-up, flowers for Travis' grandmother, computer, cell phones, food, personal hygiene products and art supplies (which are very expensive.), Star bucks, et. at/

She didn't work all that long in any one place, and most of the places she worked at were not high end with large tips.

The fact that she murdered Travis, the idea of theft is not at all beyond her. Perhaps she stole as much as she could from work, her grandparents, et.at.

When that dried up she would have tapped out prior lovers for loans, or payment for sex.

As far as your theory as to the sex industry, I can not believe it at all. With all the media attention, if anything, photos, videos, et. al. were out there you know the rags/media would have picked this up in a New York second.

Again, when the defense attorneys were going over their strategy in their minds, I think they must have thought this was all going to hang together a lot more than it actually did

I think Jodi tied their hands. I feel bad for them. I really do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member