DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyinMO
good video...the defense needs to watch it and stop the foolishness;

How the 12 News story on Juan Martinez originated
After a 12 news story on prosecutor Juan Martinez and his fan base is entered into evidence on a prosecutorial-misconduct hearing during the Jodi Arias trial, 12 news explains why the story was really done.

http://www.azcentral.com/video/2261149720001

Quote: ???? (sorry I can't remember who made this quote below) -- I copied and pasted - oops

Thanks for the link. After watching this report and JM's respect to the people he works for in the State of AZ, it tells how desperate the DT is to ask for a mistrial if they cite this as an excuse.

HLN's editing is offensive of this video. They need to keep it honest and they didn't.

Great clip....thanks again.

HLN has become so tabloid-ish. I can barely watch them anymore and usually don't if I can help it. The program that offends me the most is the "After Dark" featuring a new bold accusation every night .... then there's JVM (scream much Jane?). I find their coverage of this trial offensive and exploitative ... but that's just me. :furious: I feel sorry for the Alexander family.

posted by boodles

Originally Posted by Boodles
JM: Ma'am, it is 6:00, isn't it?

ALV: I can't answer that question. There are two hands on the clock, and they move. They are moving now, even though it's imperceptible. So I cannot say yes, it's not a yes or no answer.

JM: ma'am, the big hand is on the 12 and the shorter one is on the 6, correct? Yes or no.

ALV: It depends what you mean, Mr Martinez, by "the big hand" and "the shorter one." And what do you mean by "on"? Are you trying to trick me? I just can't answer the question. I don't know what you are asking. A clock has moving parts and numbers. There are different types of clocks, digital and analog. And there are time zones...

JM: I didn't ask you whether a clock has moving parts. Did I ask you that? Did I ask you about time zones? Ma'am, you do know how to tell time, don't you?

ALV: Yes, Mr Martinez, I can tell time, but I am here to talk about domestic violence, Mr Martinez, so when you ask me if its 6:00, I am confused about where you're going.

JM: Judge, non-responsive. Please instruct the witness...

JW pops to her feet: Judge, may we approach?

JSS: You may.

Stomp stomp strut strut ==>sidebar ==> 5 minutes of white noise

Stomp stomp strut strut back to chairs.

JSS: Ladies and gentlemen, we are taking a recess for 10 minutes.

30 minutes pass

JM: ma'am, is the time now 6:40? Yes or no.

ALV: the big hand is on the 40 and the little hand is between the 6 and the 7, closer to the 7, so it's 6:40.

LOL!!!! Classic post! Every sidebar now I can guarantee you that stomp stomp strut strut will be going through my head! Thanks for reposting this!

The latest Jodi photos show her in braided pigtails and a Superman shirt with Bobby. I think the braids and Superman were all her idea (not Travis).

I apologize if this has already been covered. It's hard to keep up.

BBM

I agree with what you are saying but I want one strong rebuttal witness to give Travis Alexander back his dignity - perhaps that doctor (whose name I have forgotten) who TA had dinner with on a regular basis - the doctor to whom TA said - "don't be surprised if I end up dead one day." I paraphrased that but nevertheless, such chilling, prophetic words.

Yes indeed, Jodi was the worst thing to ever happen to Travis.
I see your point. I don't think there could be any better character witness than Travis's family and if there is noone else character related during rebuttal we'll hear from some of them during the victim impact statement.

I hope it's okay to discuss this, because I think it relates directly to the trial, IMHO.

Here's a quote:

"We would expect that a battered male would exhibit characteristics and behaviors present in abused women." And then she lists three.

So ALV is saying the way women react to something is the way everybody should react.

But there's also this (hope it's okay to post, Mods):

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=under-threat-women-bond

It's a short article from Scientific American about a study showing men react differently to a threat than women.

There's quite a few jaw-dropping statements in that really short piece by ALV, but I don't want to turn this into all Alyce, all the time.

She did! In her article she lists 3 categories of battered woman syndrome. She then goes on to say that men have the ability to control or stop an aggressive act against them by a woman (rubbish). She then concludes that men don't fit the 3 categories of battered woman's syndrome because they can stop the aggression, they don't show fear, etc. She says fear is a requisite.

Bah.

Unbiased my ***. :furious:

If that rubbish were true, that "men have the ability to control or stop an aggressive act against them by women," Travis would be alive. (And so would a lot of other murdered men.)

I believe ALV's conscious lies are so egregious that she should be prosecuted, not only for perjury, but for attempting to obstruct and subvert the swift justice that have come out of this extremely expensive and drawn out trial.

I suggest a CASE of Kleenex on rebuttal day. I will reschedule work for that, I swear. I have a feeling that JM is going to be an even bigger champion that we've seen so far.
He's going to bring Travis Victor Alexander, the man, the boy, the soul, back to life for a few minutes in that courtroom. He's going to remind everyone that he was a man, a brother, a son and a grandson. Not to mention a wonderful friend. And that this world will never know what we all are missing out on without Travis in it. I honestly believe that we would have heard of Travis, without this killing. One day, maybe even years and years from now, we would have heard of him for something incredible that he had done.
JM will show the human soul of Travis. And unfortunately he'll have to show what JA did to that humanity. It's going to be a gut wrenching day for the Alexander family and for many of us here. But thank God for JM, DF, and all on the PT team. And thank God we can come here together to go through it.

Does anyone know why Alyce is being called back into court. I just don't have the time to keep up with all this testimony? Also I want to thank Alyce because now I can raise my prices, if she can get $300hr I know I can get $350.

Hey guys. I am not sure if this has been discussed here but I just read that Bobby Juarez was murdered July 10, 2008, his murder remains unsolved!!!! when did Jodi buy her 9mm????

one of the links I found: http://www.sandiego.gov/police/pdf/2009/rjuarez187.pdf

again, if this has been discussed my apologies, just find the dates of both Bobby and Travis' (T was found June 9 or 10th right?) murders eerie ...

That's not this Bobby Juarez.

That just made my head spin.

How in heck would I question Jodi if I had to evaluate her?

Jodi, were you lying about lying when you lied the first time? When you lied about the second lie before you changed your third lie, was that a lie? How about that third lie? Was that just some offshoot of the second lie or was that really a fourth lie or just another version of the second lie? Which is it Jodi? And don't lie to me.

I know, it's mind-bending. I found ALV, and to a lesser extent RS, infuriating on the stand. They were hired at rididculous rates of pay to give an expert opinion. How can it possibly help their wider credibility when they squirm and wriggle out of answering straightforward questions? It reeks of bias.

I had to laugh out loud when Juan asked ALV in simple terms if someone who lies is called a liar, and she said no!

I suggest a CASE of Kleenex on rebuttal day. I will reschedule work for that, I swear. I have a feeling that JM is going to be an even bigger champion that we've seen so far.
He's going to bring Travis Victor Alexander, the man, the boy, the soul, back to life for a few minutes in that courtroom. He's going to remind everyone that he was a man, a brother, a son and a grandson. Not to mention a wonderful friend. And that this world will never know what we all are missing out on without Travis in it. I honestly believe that we would have heard of Travis, without this killing. One day, maybe even years and years from now, we would have heard of him for something incredible that he had done.
JM will show the human soul of Travis. And unfortunately he'll have to show what JA did to that humanity. It's going to be a gut wrenching day for the Alexander family and for many of us here. But thank God for JM, DF, and all on the PT team. And thank God we can come here together to go through it.

I am going to try to plan to have that day off as well...and have the kleenex handy !

Just finished yesterday's testimony. I know there was discussion about what was said at the very end...the Judge does state making preparations directly to ALV...and she does mention "completing her testimony on Tuesday unless released by subpoena." Something related to the "whatever" will be discussed on record on Monday. About 2:50
Jodi Arias Murder Trial Day 46 Complete HD ( 4.12.13) - YouTube
Sorry if this has already been mentioned.

I can't believe I started watching this trial in flannel pants, heavy sweatshirts and fluffy slippers. Now, it's shorts and a tank top..... are we being punked? :)

Just Spring in the Mid-Atlantic area! :floorlaugh: And yes, this trial has been going on forever. Three witnesses since February 4, isn't that what peeps are reporting? Oy.

Brought over from last thread.
Originally Posted by dhunter
I also remember reading somewhere that she wanted to be her own defense team in order to access the evidence that the investigation wasn't showing her (especially the last crime scene photos) as a mere suspect.
What is it with the photos, anyway? She was literally begging to see them when Flores was questioning her. My first thought was that she needed to see them in order to match her story to them, and that's obvious part of it. But not all of it. She wants to see her handiwork? She gets turned on by seeing the aftermath? She's so manipulative during that interrogation that it's hard to see what her motives are sometimes. I still don't get entirely what she was doing.

The pictures that JA took of TA in the shower creep me out. Remember when she told Flores that she took pix, then reviewed them, down on the floor by the bathtub?

I believe she was studying those photos, and planning where she was going to stab him.
They're not good photos for any other purpose and she didn't keep them to remember him by. They focused on specific areas, the back, several on his throat, etc. She was planning her cuts, and in fact stabbed/cut him in those areas. And the timing between the shots supports that there were pauses between the series. Macabre, I know, but I really believe this. Sorry.

Well, let's flip the situation.

Let's say Travis drove 1000 of miles to Jodi in Yreka. And he brutally killed her?

Would a man claim self defense, and if so, are there experts for that?

Thanks! You know I'm really starting to look at this whole abuse and battering phenomenon through different eyes, and have the DT's witness to thank for that. There must be so many men who are battered but don't come forward because of femi-nazis. :furious:

A lot of men will not fight back if a woman is beating them because they were taught to never hit a female under any circumstances and because people like ALV would blame him for the violence even though he was reacting.

I mentioned on here a few days ago about an incident that I watched on Alaska State Troopers where they went to a house under a dv call and it turned out to be the man who had been beated, his torso was covered in bruises, old and newly forming, red marks and bite marks.

I don't agree with, but I understand the reasoning why men don't report domestic violence as victims. There's that whole "manly" or "machismo" or "male ego" thing. I know it's deeper than my words make it sound, but my feelings on it are a man would be more of a human being and man if he could talk about it, report it, and do so with no violence back to the woman. I hope that makes sense.

Arizona Revised Statutes - Title 13 Criminal Code - Section 13-2409

Obstructing criminal investigations or prosecutions; classification
13-2409. Obstructing criminal investigations or prosecutions; classification

A person who knowingly attempts by means of bribery, misrepresentation, intimidation or force or threats of force to obstruct, delay or prevent the communication of information or testimony relating to a violation of any criminal statute to a peace officer, magistrate, prosecutor... is guilty of a class 5 felony, except that it is a class 3 felony if the person commits...."

http://law.onecle.com/arizona/criminal-code/13-2409.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member