weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #140

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that pic and couldn't tell if it was the bumper or the bathroom sink faucet.

I also think the roommates were confused, according to Flores' report, initially one of them said Travis told him he had hardly slept the night before and then remembered seeing him on the phone in the early evening on the 4th, I believe that was actually the 3rd, TA's calls to JA after 3:00 a.m. matches that.

But Flores also says on the 4th Travis hadn't used his phone since the 12:13 p.m. text with Chris Hughes but other calls came in, whether JA was there or not, why didn't he answer or return calls if he was in his office where the phone was and didn't step into the shower until 5:20 or so?

I think she did need more time but I think the camera time was changed or since it was new, maybe Travis hadn't set it. But I think she killed him before the time stamps say and left either after or before one of the roommates came home approx. 6:00 - 6:30 p.m.

Is this the picture? Cause I couldn't tell what it was either. Looked like a car handle or bike handle to me. Whatever it is, it's attached or against something white. Wasn't her rental car white?

IMG_3185_zpsf46992e1.jpg

Defense tried to shut down the pool camera!? Wow! Guess they don't want the world watching as they go down in flames...including a few witnesses credibility and careers IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You may be right.. I thought it just reflected original approval.

Is this the picture? Cause I couldn't tell what it was either. Looked like a car handle or bike handle to me. Whatever it is, it's attached or against something white. Wasn't her rental car white?

IMG_3185_zpsf46992e1.jpg

That is a spicket. For either a bathroom or kitchen..

With all due respect, I think that some of you are getting a little catty about JA's hands. I know that you are just venting, but still...

I have larger than average hands -- I can't help it. I keep them as nice as I can, but what's a person to do? I'm just glad that they work.

(Casey A. has really tiny hands, IIRC)

(((((Hugs to you)))))

I know that they aren't meaning it directed at anyone with big hands in general. They truly are VENTING because it's just so obvious JA has no remorse and there is no way to exact any revenge on her so they pick out anything.

Please don't take it to mean anything other than venting.

I put the UG in ugly!! I've got wrinkles, and a big nose and a long neck and scars and one eye is higher than the other and fat cheeks and nose hairs.

I wear it all with pride.

Shhhhh....want to see how fast Jodi takes the glasses off? Last night while watching ALV implode and Jodi was coloring along you could what she was drawing and reading in the glasses. Am I'm lying Jodi? ;) ?

OH and Jodi we can see what you're doing, much like her taking the pencil and sticking it in the side of JW's chair. Tweet that DB.

IMG_3185_zpsf46992e1.jpg

Looks like a faucet

(((((Hugs to you)))))

I know that they aren't meaning it directed at anyone with big hands in general. They truly are VENTING because it's just so obvious JA has no remorse and there is no way to exact any revenge on her so they pick out anything.

Please don't take it to mean anything other than venting.

I put the UG in ugly!! I've got wrinkles, and a big nose and a long neck and scars and one eye is higher than the other and fat cheeks and nose hairs.

I wear it all with pride.

I'm a swimsuit model:)

Roflmao!

That is a spicket. For either a bathroom or kitchen..

I believe it is the top right, rear of the top of a water faucet. The type with a single handle that swivels.

It's an awkward angle.

It's shot from standing over the top and looking at it that way.

One thing that always bothered me was if Jodi was at Travis's house on a social call like she says, why didn't she park her rental car in the driveway.
She would have known which side of the garage Travis parked his car so she could have parked in that lane if she wasn't trying to hide her car.
She stated in her testimony that she was in the house and watched Travis on his computer for 45 seconds or so then the dog noticed her then Travis.
This means she was not invited into the house but entered unannounced.
I highly doubt this as a dog has better hearing than a human and will usually bark or make a fuss if someone is outside of the door.
If she was hiding her rental car -premeditation
If she was sneaking into his house-premeditation.
Along with all the other evidence from the time she left Yreka and arrived at Mesa murdered Travis then drove to Utah I can not see any other explanation other than Premeditated Murder.
There is just to much evidence proving this.
The self defense does not add up either--Way to much over kill, twenty nine stab wounds, slicing the throat.
The gun story just doesn't make any sense either.
I believe beyond a reasonable doubt that she premeditated the whole murder and the only thing that wasn't planned was that Travis didn't die immediately the way she thought he would.
I think when Juan ties everything together it is a slam dunk for the prosecution.
The big question will be weather the jury votes for the death penalty or life without parole.
Even if she is convicted there is no guarantee she would be granted an appeal, lawyers can apply for an appeal but that doesn't mean she will get one.

Life without the Possibility of Parole

In states which do not impose the death penalty, conviction on a first degree murder charge with aggravating factors generally results in a sentence of life in prison without the possibility of parole. In many states which do have the death penalty, an aggravated first degree murder conviction draws life in prison without parole if the prosecution does not seek, or fails to convince the court, to impose the death penalty.

So, she left AZ at 8pm?

couldn't sleep last night thinking about this case but was wondering about the timeline for Arias clean-up of the crime scene & subsequent drive to W Jordan UT to see Burns.

5:33pm the photo of the bloody baseboards is accidentally shot

Travis is killed, then Arias drags his body to the shower.

Arias deletes photos from the camera.

Arias washes & dries all the bedding. Arias washes another load of clothing, towels, the camera, etc.

Arias pours water in the bathroom floor & along the hall & possibly turns on the shower to wash away evidence there.

Arias moves some furniture around downstairs, a new floor cleaning machine is left sitting out, she puts up the dog gate so Napoleon can't go upstairs & she locks Travis bedroom door.

Supposedly per her testimony her luggage & stuff had already been loaded into the car earlier in the day.

At 10:30pm she calls Burns to tell him she got lost & will be in UT the next morning.

Near the AZ/NV Hoover dam checkpoint Arias supposedly pulls over on the side of the road and changes her bloody clothes & washes her hands.

At 11:37pm, 11:48pm & 11:53pm phone records reflect she called Travis phone. Records show she was between Kingman, AZ and the NV border when the calls were made. This area is about 206 miles or 3.5 hrs from Travis home. And, this area is still 75 miles away from the Hoover Dam border area where Arias claims she pulled over & changed her bloody clothes.

Considering the 5:33pm photo of the bloody baseboards & the 11:37 pm call to Travis phone from an area only 3.5 hours away from his home -- means Arias had about 2.5 hours (because of the time of the calls to Travis phone -11:37pm) to clean up the crime scene at Travis home, do the laundry, dispose of the rope (if there really was a rope,) dispose of the gun, the knife and her bloody clothes -- all IN Arizona.

here's a map - A is Travis home, B is the area where Arias calls to Travis phone were made, & C is Hoover Dam checkpoint area where Arias claims she pulled over and D is where Burns resided

http://goo.gl/maps/mF4te

Arias arrived at W Jordan UT between 10 & 11:00am per Burns (per google maps it's about 11 hr trip from Mesa)

Just a shout out to our poster "ProtectOurKids" who wrote what I think is the most beautiful concluding "open letter" to Alyce Laviolette over on the court observer thread post 517. Please take a look: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9228454&posted=1#post9228454

WOW, that was such a great post. Too bad it couldn't be put in some newspaper.

:seeya: Hi, Katiecoolady, haven't gotten a chance to say that I really appreciate all your courtroom posts and your hard work.

Are you referencing this: Jeannie Dalrymple posted to Alyce Laviolette is WRONG?? Interesting if true...KARMA, n'est pas?

I don't do Facebook. Can someone please paraphrase

A re-post of mine from earlier, for the daytime crowd:

Sorry if this has been posted already.

This is good!

After a 12 news story on prosecutor Juan Martinez and his fan base is entered into evidence on a prosecutorial-misconduct hearing during the Jodi Arias trial, 12 news explains why the story was really done.

http://www.azcentral.com/video/2261149720001

My hatred for HLN continues to grow: :banghead:

Others call it "magical thinking" and it's typical of very young children, no?

It's also used as a tactic/technique in Large Group Awareness Training (LGAT) to manipulate participants into suspending critical thinking skills.

Think CULTS.

Human Potential Movement that spawned est, Lifespring, etc.

Multi-Level-Marketing schemes.

Does anyone remember if TA had a land-line in his home? I was sure of it because JA mentioned it when talking about the "barrage" of phone calls. How silly is that? I looked all over and can't find it anywhere else. WAAAAIIIITTTT a minute!! Did I just confirm he had NO land-line?

"Nevermind"
"Carry On"

That is all

he's a she

Well, apparently it's because the non-violent stalker is living in this fantasy land that only they think they are in. As if they are living in a bubble.

And when you turn the tables it breaks this fantasy bubble they are living in and embarrasses them into stopping their behavior.

Personally?? I think the reason this works is because these people are not 'obsessed' stalkers but more likely people who severely lack social skills and don't understand boundries.

I don't recommend it with a true stalker because I think, (IMHOO) that once the obsessed stalker's mind get's on that track there is just no telling what they are going to do. I think they are highly dangerous people and as soon as it is recognized this is their behavior, then it should be treated aggressively by law enforcement.

I've mentioned before that it's often a forgotten reality that mental disorders are not static, it's not like people are just born a raging killer and stay that way all their lives. No, it's something that ebbs and flows.

Thanks. The part bolded by me brings up a point which I think fits in with what you're saying.

Another poster posted a link to an article that included something about women stalkers being perceived as "cute." It contained links to two articles women had written about being cyber-stalkers.

Only, when you read those two articles, all these women were doing was periodically checking an ex out online, mostly via Facebook. One woman had called a wedding photographer (?!) and gotten an online password so she could view the photos from her ex's wedding. And that was all. Not calling the ex 50 times a day, or calling his boss, or following him around, or showing up uninvited someplace. No hacking email accounts. In other words, no different than going to your high school reunion hoping to see that everybody was a whole lot miserable than you are.

I can see where that type of person would get a rude awakening when somebody started doing the same to them, and then stopping.

Guess we really need a definition of "stalking."

Cannot believe This!

Jury asks LV:

If Travis shoved, slapped, and said abusive things to Jodi, and if Jodi shot TA, slit his throat, and stabbed him 29 times, Didn't Jodi commit the worst acts of abuse?

And LV answered NO?!?!? Bias I now scream!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli