weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #140

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
couldn't sleep last night thinking about this case but was wondering about the timeline for Arias clean-up of the crime scene & subsequent drive to W Jordan UT to see Burns.

5:33pm the photo of the bloody baseboards is accidentally shot

Travis is killed, then Arias drags his body to the shower.

Arias deletes photos from the camera.

Arias washes & dries all the bedding. Arias washes another load of clothing, towels, the camera, etc.

Arias pours water in the bathroom floor & along the hall & possibly turns on the shower to wash away evidence there.

Arias moves some furniture around downstairs, a new floor cleaning machine is left sitting out, she puts up the dog gate so Napoleon can't go upstairs & she locks Travis bedroom door.

Supposedly per her testimony her luggage & stuff had already been loaded into the car earlier in the day.

At 10:30pm she calls Burns to tell him she got lost & will be in UT the next morning.

Near the AZ/NV Hoover dam checkpoint Arias supposedly pulls over on the side of the road and changes her bloody clothes & washes her hands.

At 11:37pm, 11:48pm & 11:53pm phone records reflect she called Travis phone. Records show she was between Kingman, AZ and the NV border when the calls were made. This area is about 206 miles or 3.5 hrs from Travis home. And, this area is still 75 miles away from the Hoover Dam border area where Arias claims she pulled over & changed her bloody clothes.

Considering the 5:33pm photo of the bloody baseboards & the 11:37 pm call to Travis phone from an area only 3.5 hours away from his home -- means Arias had about 2.5 hours (because of the time of the calls to Travis phone -11:37pm) to clean up the crime scene at Travis home, do the laundry, dispose of the rope (if there really was a rope,) dispose of the gun, the knife and her bloody clothes -- all IN Arizona.

here's a map - A is Travis home, B is the area where Arias calls to Travis phone were made, & C is Hoover Dam checkpoint area where Arias claims she pulled over and D is where Burns resided

http://goo.gl/maps/mF4te

Arias arrived at W Jordan UT between 10 & 11:00am per Burns (per google maps it's about 11 hr trip from Mesa)

Bolding mine:

Yes, I think that when she turned the water on Travis's body in the shower -- his body would have blocked the drain, and with such a short lip on the shower frame at the floor, it could've overflowed onto the bathroom floor fairly quickly.

Respectfully snipped by me, just for space.

That's a really interesting idea, IBslethin. I never thought of that. I wonder why it works?

Maybe because it neutralizes their ability exert control.

Here's something I started working on yesterday -- guess it was the discussions of the upcoming motion for mistrial that had me thinking about it. Oddly, alcohol was not involved, I swear.

It's just a work in progress (kind of like that !@#$% continuum), so I'm looking for suggestions.

How to avoid having your trial turn into a circus:

Don’t file a motion trying to get a plea agreement to a lesser charge for your client by PROMISING to turn the trial into a circus if the state doesn’t agree.

Don’t follow through when the state tells you to stuff it.

Don’t spend days and days and days discussing sexual acts in such endless detail it would drive even 13-year-old boys to do their homework instead.

Don’t broadcast the use of candy in sexual activity that will cause parents to never ever buy their kids said candy ever again, even to hand out at Halloween.

Don’t lie about the victim to the point where you own mother wants to lynch you.

Don’t get “expert” witnesses who are so laughable that you become an embarrassment. And don’t embarrass yourself further by withholding information from them.

Don’t drive middle-aged men and women to google terms such as “tossed salad.”

Don’t force people to bookmark the Urban Dictionary.

Don’t dress in matching outfits. There are numerous instances of twins being traumatized by this. Color coordinating your outfits is also a no-no.

Don’t lower the defendant’s chair to within inches of the floor.

Nancy Grace is looking for material to label “Bombshell Tonight!” You don’t feed her, she goes away.

Don’t give the media fodder by keeping people on the stand for the term of their natural lives.

Moot court. Use it.

Don’t encourage every adult on the planet to get into a discussion about what constitutes “normal” versus “deviant” sexual behavior. This guarantees that your trial will stay on the front page for a long, long time.

Do your homework about the prosecutor. If he or she is smart, don’t just hope he or she will have a seizure during cross examination. Be prepared instead.

If you even suspect your client is a liar, don’t allow him or her to get on the stand. See: State vs. Arias. See also: State vs. Anthony.

Avoid Disney characters unless they are germane to the subject at hand. Just sayin’.

Don't dress your defendant like a 8 yr old girl and put glasses on her/him to make them look like a old schoolmarm or nerd.

Don't assume your jury is stoopiddddddddd.

Don't think the public is either.:rocker:

bbm.

Personally, I don't think so. I think it is probably one of the few songs she actually knows by heart and can sing all the way through. She probably learned it previously to perform with a church choir or something, so it is her "go to" song when she feels like singing, because she has a limited repertoire and she is sooo in love with herself she thinks she has an exceptional voice. (IMO, she doesn't. Average at best.)

Her singing is waaaaay better than mine.

My drawing abilities waaaaay better than hers. And I still don't fancy myself an "artist"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The jurors must be just desparate to be able to talk about this case... bet they're wound up like springs waiting to hear the words (and I paraphrase) : unleash the jury

Her singing is waaaaay better than mine.

My drawing abilities waaaaay better than hers. And I still don't fancy myself an "artist"

Can you paraphrase please, I can't see it on my phone

Court date: 4/15/2013 @ 9:30 Case #: CR2008-031021
Case event: Trial Continues Camera ruling: In Session -Pool Camera/Still Cam Approved
Judge: Sherry Stephens Prosecutor: Juan Martinez
Defendant: Jodi Ann Arias Defense attorney: Kirk Nurmi/Jennifer Willmott
Case notes: Ex-girlfriend charged with the murder of former boyfriend Travis Alexander in Mesa.

With all due respect, I think that some of you are getting a little catty about JA's hands. I know that you are just venting, but still...

I have larger than average hands -- I can't help it. I keep them as nice as I can, but what's a person to do? I'm just glad that they work.

(Casey A. has really tiny hands, IIRC)

****DVR ALERT**** TODAY!!!!! 1PM/EST, Oxygen Network, "Snapped" Case of Wendi Andriano w/our own Juan Martinez

OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
glasses, librarian look, domestic abuse:what:
What's with these women????

Doesn't Juan look Juandaful:great:

I am extremely curious now as to the subject matter of ALV's book that is supposed to come out this month. I wonder if it mirrors anything similar to the storyline of this trial.
Was it mentioned, and I missed it?

I don't think it's nevv book; it's a nevv edition of her previous (only?) book. I'm curious if its research is much updated.

From Travis to Jodi:
6/2/08 3:04 am 1011 secs = 16.85 mins
6/2/08 3:21 am 2450 secs = 40.83 mins
Please note that the time between calls shows that the phone call was disconnected and then Travis immediately called her back.

From Jodi to Travis:
6/3/08 12:37 pm 17 secs
6/3/08 1:51 pm 170 secs = 2.83 mins
6/3/08 8:16 pm 129 secs = 2.15 mins
6/3/08 8:31 pm 49 secs
Cut & pasted

I do not understand, why Travis would call her as mad as he is with her. This does not show if Jodi called Travis before 6/2/08 3:04 am, and if he was calling her back. Maybe this almost 1 hour call, Jodi was begging for Travis to take her back, he is telling her to leave him alone?

Then on 6/3/08 he refused her calls and she was leaving short messages, then after the murder she deleted the messages.

My opinion is that Travis did not know Jodi was coming.

Not being but sarcastic, but hundreds of miles, that's an understatement- 1000's is more like it.
If that is not obsessed stalker I don't know what is.

Has Travis' ring ever been recovered? :what:
I was wondering that too.

The first part of that "why don't you have him...in the woods" almost sounds like that was HER fantasy, IMO.
LOL might have been HER fantasy. We will never know:furious:

:cheers: That's what I was trying to say last night on here.

She had the murder planned, but was giving Travis one last chance to not reject her.

I agree.

Court date: 4/15/2013 @ 9:30 Case #: CR2008-031021
Case event: Trial Continues Camera ruling: In Session -Pool Camera/Still Cam Approved
Judge: Sherry Stephens Prosecutor: Juan Martinez
Defendant: Jodi Ann Arias Defense attorney: Kirk Nurmi/Jennifer Willmott
Case notes: Ex-girlfriend charged with the murder of former boyfriend Travis Alexander in Mesa.

so this is about Wong, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members