weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #141

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would they need Dworkin at all for the shooting range footage? It seems unlikely since they could establish it with the guy they got it from but IDK maybe they don't want to put him on the stand because of things he might blurt out like "Travis didn't own a gun!!!"

No, David Hall is not being called by the defense. He is a rebuttal witness. Nurmi in fact objected to him being called at all because he was closely following the trial. The judge countered that he would be able to cross-examine Hall when the time came. Juan got his way. I saw this myself at the trial.

As for the tape, it has no value for the defense as it only shows that he was firing someone else's MACHINE gun.

Did they air JC testimony? Aren't they not supposed to "become the news"? It looks bad no matter what but looks even worse once you understand their edit job. THEY created this whole situation. Nice HLN, real nice. If Nurmi were to succeed in getting a mistrial on this one, HLN can just close shop as far as I'm concerned. Not saying he will, just if

The News 12 story that HLN later distorted and sensationalized.

http://www.azcentral.com/video/#/How+the+12+News+story+on+Juan+Martinez+originated/2261149720001

Would they need Dworkin at all for the shooting range footage? It seems unlikely since they could establish it with the guy they got it from but IDK maybe they don't want to put him on the stand because of things he might blurt out like "Travis didn't own a gun!!!"

If Dworkin does forensics, maybe the defense had him examine her camera?

Beautifully said MidwestMama !
Wonderfully stated MidwestMama !!
Juanderfully put MidwestMama !!!

Thank you. I don't post often but so much has been bottled up during this trial.
I feel it is important to let Travis' family know (if they ever read here) that not only do we know who Travis was, their actions in supporting Travis by subjecting themselves to the garbage from the defense team in this trial shows who they are. They have been a quiet and stable reminder of who the REAL victim in this case was.
They will never be "over" the loss of Travis but his love and light will shine through them and be shared for generations to come. They will share that love and keep Travis' legacy alive for as long as they are here on this Earth. Then, one day, a wonderful reunion will happen in Heaven.
God bless them all.

:eek: I must say that Mikey "Kung Pao" Daniels is right on this one --

"I wear disguise. Not want the Jodi Arias to be able to find me if she eveh get out of jail. Dat why I have hat and glasses."

I wouldn't take a chance that she would be able to track me to the nearest star system.

:cow:
Thanks Sleuth5 for sharing Mikee's wisdom of the ages. If Jodie ever walks the land again, we all might consider following his lead.

"I wear disguise. Not want the Jodi Arias to be able to find me if she eveh get out of jail. Dat why I have hat and glasses." -Mikee Kung Pao

(I'll just repurpose my "Groucho" nose/mustache glasses worn after the Florida gal went free)

MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio 12 Apr

Hearings in #JodiArias begin on Monday at 9:30 without jury. Jury told to come in at 1:30 pm.

https://twitter.com/courtpio

They have a hearing in the morning with HLN producer. Re: prosecutor mis conduct.

Thanks, it appears that it will be televised unless the defense objects.

ETA: Looks like the kitchen will suffer. :sigh:

O\T I am watching the "Justin Barbar Case on ID".. A quick laugh for the morning

This Prosecutor asked the zinger of the century during this trial ...

This is not any way disrespectful Barbar family at all but strickly to the legal question he asked and what he asked:

The prosecutor was on direct with the ME: He asked

(paraphrasing) So Dr. ????? After 3 or 4 days, how did she look?

I fell of my chair laughing so hard, I was in tears.

In 2013, This prosecutor is still being razed over that question!!!

That is your funny (this morning)

Oh yeah! I was floored by that! As many people were. I'm a little surprised that JM didn't ask her about that during his follow-up.

Arias jury: "Isn't the perpetrator of the greatest violence Jodi?"

Jury members question domestic violence expert Alyce LaViolette on who committed the greatest domestic violence in Arias and Travis Alexander's relationship.

http://www.azcentral.com/video/#/Ne...+Jodi?"/40280768001/35150280001/2296578532001

or this link
http://preview.tinyurl.com/caybfty
Or, give your recipients confidence with a preview TinyURL:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/caybfty
[Open in new window]

Because it has conveniently been named Battered WOMEN Syndrome only women have used it in criminal court as a defense to get away with murder most of the time imo. If a woman murders an adult male this defense seems to be attached to the hip of women who murder.

While there are cases of true abuse suffered at the hands of the abuser that results in the murder of the abuser it is a very rare occurrence. If murder occurs it is usually done by the abuser and not the victim who has had to endure it.

Most women or men who are DV victims do NOT resort to harming their abuser or murdering them. The same goes for the men and women who suffered horrific abuses as a child. Most all do not go on to murder their abuser.

Can you imagine the outrage if a mental health professional had named the syndrome Battered Men Syndrome? Why men never protested this discriminatory label I don't know unless they already know that society views female abuse much differently than they do when males suffer the same abuses. It is like our society has promoted the myth that women who have been abused are somehow more worthy of justice than men who suffer at the hands of a dangerous female.

One thing that Travis' case is doing is bringing more awareness that domestic violence abuse is not just a one sided gender issue. Imo men have had to handle this abuse in silence for way too long because no one even understands what they go through too and it is all the same things a female suffers from when abused.

I think it would be wonderful and healing for the Alexander family if they would open up a battered shelter for men in the name of their beloved brother who was murdered because of domestic violence. Maybe if men knew they had some kind of support group out there and more understanding they would be more apt to report instead of being the least likely to ever report abuse done to them by a female.

IMO

My husband's first wife was abusive. It was not her fault, she was a lovely person who became disordered from a neurodegenerative brain disease. I've talked to him about this very issue. As he pointed to me, he was physically stronger than she was and able to prevent her from hurting him. He was not isolated and had support from her family and his. He had a good job and was not dependent on her income; she had been a stay at home mom so this was not an issue. When all attempts at getting her help failed (she was unable to perceive her own symptoms, denied her diagnosis, and refused medication), he divorced her so that her parents could get her placed in a nursing home. He lost half of their joint assets of course but he wasn't left destitute. He had options, he was not trapped from fear or economic dependence. He wasn't trapped by love either. He loved her (or at least he loved the woman he married) but once he was unable to handle the situation within the marriage he got out and made sure she was cared for.

Of course the abuse was wrong, but he doesn't feel that battered person's syndrome applies to him and he doesn't feel that his experiences are anything like those of women who have become isolated, economically dependent, and fearful of a larger aggressor who just might kill them when they leave.

Well she was definitely caught lying.

Yes, she has. But I know when I was on jury duty part of our "instructions" were that if we felt a witness was dishonest on the stand we could "choose to disregard part or all of their testimony". If that is a standard jury instruction (is it?) wouldn't trying to impeach her testimony be redundant and just make the poor jury have to sit there even longer?
Any ideas anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members