weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #154

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If JA has made any money selling her paint by number drawings, why can't the State of Arizona take that money from her to reimburse the cost of her defense?

Originally Posted by TXProfessional
For anyone interested in JA MMPI-2 "elevated" scores on the 10 Clinical scales. She was elevated on 7 of the 10 clinical scales.

I was most interested in the one she was the most elevated on and thought you might be too. Her T-score on the Psychopathic Deviate scale was a 105 (highest of all of her elevated scores) with 65 being the threshold for clinically significant. If you want to research the scales the developer of the test is Pearson.

Psychopathic Deviate (PD)- Hathaway & McKinley (1944). (50 items). High: Poor impulse control, disidentification with societal standards, authority conflicts, marital and family conflicts, inconsiderate, narcissistic, poor judgment, extroverted, self-confident, hostile, parasitic and externalizes blame. Low: Overly conventional and conforming, passive, trusting and non-competitive. Pd is a great characterlogical scale of narcissism, externalization of blame, exploitiveness, and hostility. The subscales for Pd are very important in understanding elevations in Pd. Elevations in Pd can be due to a hostile, exploitive and truly psychopathic mentality, or moderate elevations can be an extroverted normal going through a divorce, or a normal teenager. If Pd-O is greater than Pd, then the more pathological interpretations should be used. If Pd-S is higher than Pd, then the more benign interpretations should be used. It is helpful to also look at the content scales of anger, authority problems, family problems etc. to help understand elevations in Pd.

I know scales need to be seen globally as well as individually, yet I do not understand why this scale was not discussed in detail/ad naseum IMHO.

BBM

Saw this on the last thread. How was this information discovered and is there a link? TIA :seeya:

YES! I am dying to see this!

If JA has made any money selling her paint by number drawings, why can't the State of Arizona take that money from her to reimburse the cost of her defense?

I would like to know the facts of this too. I've read reasonable (to me) speculation that she gifts the drawings to friends and family members who then sell and benefit from the proceeds.

ETA: As a marginally talented artist myself, let me congratulate you on your ego-annihilating criticism "paint by numbers" :floorlaugh: Accurate and brutal.

A murderer, yes, but no common camera thief this one.

She ruined the BMW, then she ruined the camera.

She'd already stolen the ring, it was time to hone her vandalism skills.

Don't forget the tires. Total of 12 tires slashed. No wonder he had no money

I would like to know the facts of this too. I've read reasonable (to me) speculation that she gifts the drawings to friends and family members who then sell and benefit from the proceeds.

No speculation. She is not convicted of a crime at this time. She is as free as you or I to sell her wares on eBay.

Interesting article from the Washington Times:

Female killers Jodi Arias and Susan Smith: The "Scale of Evil"

What's quite alarming is this:

The Census Bureau reports as of 2009, there are 155.6 million females and 151.4 million males in the United States of America. This means there are about 2, 945,000 female and 11, 567,000 male psychopaths walking among us.

:eek::eek::eek:

Read more: http://communities.washingtontimes....ias-and-susan-smith-scale-evil/#ixzz2QxsZaXmG

IF convicted, I "think" they can IF it pertains to TA/her crime in any way. Just normal run of the mill flowers, landscapes, etc = I don't think they can.

Just a guess though. Might want to ask on the LEGAL thread though.

Is that like her asking JD if a dead person can't give any information?

Bar none, the single most :eek: thing said in the trial. Was JW doing that on purpose for some reason I can't fathom? At face value, it defies the boundaries of human comprehension.

Totally agree with you Angelina. I've always thought this was a huge weakness for defense. Imagine, Doc H's testimony is the only forensic ME testimony they have heard. Defense didn't put up a counter to this. No opposing testimony. That is huge. Because if the jury accepts his testimony as truthful and accurate, they have to accept JA is lying about the incident.

The autopsy photos are immovable proof of a brutal, hideous crime, ClosArgs. I guess the DT was smart enough to realize they couldn't get out of it no matter who they put on the stand.

The only thing they did was attempt to box Dr. Horn in about sequencing. I don't know about anyone else, but I couldn't care less about the order of the wounds. Gun first, murder 1. Stab to the chest first, murder 1.

Just like the smoke and mirrors with the psychological hooey. PTSD, murder. BPD, murder. XYZ, murder. All the same to me.

AK, on DD last night one of the female doc's and DD spoke about this very issue. Although Jodi most likely has BPD, it isn't the only subcategory of PD she has. Dr. D attempted to elaborate on the additional dx's she believed in her professional opinion Jodi also has such as an adjustment d/o but JW stopped Dr. D from explaining the full picture.

IMO, not all BPD's murder and not all murderer's suffer from BPD. When I look at Jodi it's not the disorder that I notice instead I see a person who is pure evil, absent of a soul and whose aura is the blackest of black. Watching her, especially when she is visually stalking others in the courtroom, convinces me that her just punishment won't be the execution but where she goes after.

Most commonly the only people BPD people physically harm is themself. I have personal, life long experience, with a BPD person (my mom) so I'm familiar with the common BPD behaviors and the harm caused to others is usually a sort of co-dependency where that person feels they need to take actions to please the BPD person or fear the BPD person will harm themself or shut them out. They aren't monsters. That doesn't mean we have to have sympathy or excuse their actions, but they are human beings and many of them recognize they have a problem and are trying to work on it and that deserves respect in and of itself.

IMO Jodi has comorbidities, as mentioned on DD, and that also contributed to her pathology...that said, NO I mean NO personality disorder or combination of explains or excuses murder.

No speculation. She is not convicted of a crime at this time. She is as free as you or I to sell her wares on eBay.

NOW she can. Once convicted, I think that will change as I said in another post.

Don't forget the tires. Total of 12 tires slashed. No wonder he had no money

I wonder if the knives she was caught with trying to make the great escape were the ones she used in the murder?

And what woman uses knives as their weapon of choice? ugh.

What do other people call it? I still refer to the entry way to my home and then my building in NYC as the vestibule. I'm 34.

I'm guessing that if the entry way is enclosed before the front door of the house, it's a vestibule. If it's not, it's just an entry.

Hi WS guys (what do you call yourselves?? :blushing: ). I've been a long time lurker :popcorn: . I was always too shy to post, but everyone seems to be friendly and open to new people, so here I am! :innocent:

I live in Japan, so I watch the trial on Youtube. However, on the last trial day, I stayed up until deep in the morning to watch it live! I've been entrenched in the case from the beginning. What lured me at first is that this case involves the LDS church. I'm an exmormon and find it very interesting to observe the trial from that perspective. :detective:

I wish I had written much earlier, but I look forward to "edifying" this board sometimes :luv: :blue:

Totally agree with you Angelina. I've always thought this was a huge weakness for defense. Imagine, Doc H's testimony is the only forensic ME testimony they have heard. Defense didn't put up a counter to this. No opposing testimony. That is huge. Because if the jury accepts his testimony as truthful and accurate, they have to accept JA is lying about the incident.

I only re-watched a few minutes (thanks!) and it seems to me JW was CONFIRMING that TA was shot AFTER??

Maybe I missed it or needed to watch more...just can't handle her on a relaxing Fri. night!!

:banghead::banghead:

Hi WS guys (what do you call yourselves?? :blushing: ). I've been a long time lurker :popcorn: . I was always too shy to post, but everyone seems to be friendly and open to new people, so here I am! :innocent:

I live in Japan, so I watch the trial on Youtube. However, on the last trial day, I stayed up until deep in the morning to watch it live! I've been entrenched in the case from the beginning. What lured me at first is that this case involves the LDS church. I'm an exmormon and find it very interesting to observe the trial from that perspective. :detective:

I wish I had written much earlier, but I look forward to "edifying" this board sometimes :luv: :blue:

:Welcome1:

:wagon:

Hi Yuzu, welcome! I'm new too so don't ask me where anything is!!! :seeya:

Had to take a break to watch the news in Boston. Now I'm bemoaning the fact that trial isn't back on until Tuesday. Too much time for JW to come up with some more BS questions.

I'm wondering why the correlation hasn't been made between tire slashing (requiring at least a box cutter) and the stabbing, slashing of TA. She apparently has a fixation with stabbing. She likes the gratification of stabbing: Piquerism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018