weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #154

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there other trials taking place where one can watch it online? This is my 1 st trial. I don't even remember how I got sooo addicted to this, but my hubby's lost 10 lbs!!

I would like to know this to please-thank you

drsamuelsjodiarias1366390123.jpg

I like Doc Samuels...

Oh, this drawing inspires me, love the lines.

And he has his little luggage/briefcase. :)

BBM - Right, which I strongly believe won't happen. I think the juror may very well place a high value on DD's credentials and skills as a psychologist and just wanted DD to clarify and confirm that the DT's diagnosis of PTSD is not logical.

Is that because the defense witnesses suggested that Arias would have PTSD regardless of whether she was attached by Travis or ninjas?

What does that mean?

Here's my Guesstimony™:

JSKS, JM, Travis's family (if they opted in) and DT met to discuss the status of the case, with respect to scheduling, perhaps.

They may have discussed how much time would be required for the remaining trial phases and/or the availability of the participants at various dates/times.

Since I'm in speculation mode, they may also have discussed defendant's 'health' and contingencies related to same.

Oh my. I use that term a lot, and I'm born and bred in the USA. Am I really the only American who uses that term? Anyone, anyone.... ;(

I use the word- rubbish, but I'm old. :floorlaugh: Once I was standing in line and speaking to a stranger and used the word "vestibule'. the person was surprised that I used that word- it seems people don't use that word anymore??

Here's my Guesstimony™:

JSKS, JM, Travis's family (if they opted in) and DT met to discuss the status of the case, with respect to scheduling, perhaps.

They may have discussed how much time would be required for the remaining trial phases and/or the availability of the participants at various dates/times.

Since I'm in speculation mode, they may also have discussed defendant's 'health' and contingencies related to same.

In other words.....BS.

Well, that would be sad. The fact is the kind of traumatic event matters and so does the subject. Not every event ends up in PTSD. It's not automatic.

I have never believed that Arias experienced PTSD as a result of murdering Travis (Dr. Samuals theory). That simply makes no sense. She was the perpetrator. If it was so traumatic, she wouldn't have done it.

I use the word- rubbish, but I'm old. :floorlaugh: Once I was standing in line and speaking to a stranger and used the word "vestible'. the person was surprised that I used that word- it seems people don't use that word anymore??

My grandmother referred to the entry way of her house as the vestibule. I like to use words like that but....if I do, no one knows what I'm talking about.

My issue with trusting what ALV said began when she started to not answer questions, or answer questions with comments like she looks at the whole picture Mr Martinez, and you have to put it in context Mr Martinez when all evidence shows she did neither. I have no trust for someone who yells domestic violence when it stems from nothing more than a known liars word, and a couple or three emails/texts that were done over a time frame of 18 months and only those few out of what....someone said 80,000? AND to claim it showed escalation of violence. Ummm...what violence? What escalation? He rightfully gets angry by what she says or does a couple of times, sends her a couple of really inappropriately worded emails. I'm sorry, that does not highlight abuse, it also does not highlight violence on his part. Just poor judgement.

What really makes me angry at all this is it's these types of non abuse but claiming abuse cases that makes it harder for those who really are abused to be believed by those that they need to believe them.

I use the word- rubbish, but I'm old. :floorlaugh: Once I was standing in line and speaking to a stranger and used the word "vestible'. the person was surprised that I used that word- it seems people don't use that word anymore??

Ha .. we have a word of the week at home. Our word of the week at the moment is: Nefarious. Can be applied to nearly anything as it turns out :)

OT: the second Boston bomber is in custody!!

you know,i have zero problem with differing opinions etc with parts of this case but what really worries me is the people on the site that shall not be named who think she is innocent.

they amount of evidence against her and they are completely blind to it :banghead:

we could just have a convo with smilies :floorlaugh:

Obviously there are people who think she is innocent. There are websites and Facebook pages to that effect. Of course she isn't innocent of killing Travis. She admitted that she did so. I think what those supporter think is that she was justified in doing what she did. These same people up until the latest story probably believed the ninja story.
I saw a lot of that with KC, long before the trial. And of course, in that case they thought they were right when the verdict came in. So, I never presume to know what the jury is thinking because all through the other trial I was positive that the jury saw what I and many, many others saw and they did what they did. There is no such thing as a slam dunk case. I am sure even with a video tape of the murder there will be those who will deny it. And face it, with the pictures that were left behind this was pretty close to having a video tape of the murder.
Some people just like being different from the majority. They just like being contrary for whatever reason. Others may overly relate to JA and others may be blinded by her (former)beauty or just unable to conceive that a pretty little girl could do something so ugly.
I doubt there is any case in the world where everyone will agree 100% with each other. And those that disagree with me have as much right to their opinion as I do, as long as it is done in a respectful way. And if it isn't they mods will take care of it because this is a very civil place for people to have a conversation about this case. Abuse of other posters is not tolerated and should not be.
I learned a lot from the other case by listening to others point of view. Even among those of us who agree that JA is guilty there are many differing opinions about how she did it and why she did it. The point is we have a place to through our thoughts around and help one another understand the un-understandable. Even those who sympathize with JA, like the defenses experts, have something to add in our understanding of this terrible tragedy, even if their point of view only re-confirms our own. No one is hurting me or making me more wrong by disagreeing. In the end the only opinions that will matter will be the jury's any way. And like before, whether we agree with their verdict or not, we have no control over it other then to accept it.

Jodi's twitter has chilled out .. methinks someone was 'instructed' to opine in a more neutral manner ...

Is it true that JM added a computer expert to the rebuttal list? If so I wonder what they will be called for. I hope it will be for 1 or all of the following:

1) Proof that Jodi wrote Lisa the letter. JM could use this as rebut the fact that Jodi claims she wasn't jealous.

2) Internet history that would show she looked up a driving route from Arizona to Utah.

3) Internet history regarding inflicting mortal wounds.

4) Any recent internet history of her looking up things to do in Cancun

I'm with you Sunny, I'm hoping he caught JA in a major lie or coverup. Regarding her hacking into TA's accounts, deleting messages and/or sending msgs in TA's name as well as your list. I think it will be good.

My grandmother referred to the entry way of her house as the vestibule. I like to use words like that but....if I do, no one knows what I'm talking about.

What do other people call it? I still refer to the entry way to my home and then my building in NYC as the vestibule. I'm 34.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018