weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #154

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't agree more. The only person responsible for allowing herself to be treated as "a three hole wonder" is the defendant.

So if a woman is willing to behave like a sex slave then by all means take advantage of it? No thanks. I have a daughter and I would love to meet the 'boyfriend' that knicknamed her the three hole wonder.

Respectfully, she wasn't saying she thought someone else was racist, she said SHE was called a racist by her neighbor for report child neglect. The mother couldn't accept that she was reported for locking her children out of the house and so she called the reporting party a racist.

I am sorry you have been called names. I find name-calling a crutch of ignorant people and it's just not okay.

Also, not really the thread for this. :). Sorry for the OT.

I know what the discussion was about, thank you. The issue wasn't about whether she thought someone else was racist. The issue was about her comment.

The original comment: "Apparently everything said these days is racist. And the fact that so many people exist who cannot accept responsibility for their own actions." <--- racist statement.

But thanks so much for explaining what you think I misunderstood.

:) <--- obligatory smiley

I just found all the IQ's for serial killers (well some serial killers) because I was curious if Jodi was ranked around anyone.

Here is random IQ's for people diagnosed as "psychopaths/ sadistic sexual tendencies"

Rodney Alcala has the highest IQ of any arrested serial killer: 160
Edmund Kemper: 136
They are considered "exceptional"

Ted Bundy : 124
John Wayne Gacy: 118
David Berkowitz: 110
Robert Hansen: 91
Robert Pinkton: 86
Aileen Wuornos: 81
Ottis Toole: 75

I've always had a soft spot for Aileen, her IQ is low enough to be considered "mentally challenged".

Anyway, this is something I was curious about with Jodi since they always bring it up in court.

To the posts about her sex life; I totally believe they weren't FWB but that he did entertain phone sex with her - because she was at a safe distance. I maintain she took her own nude photos that were on the camera, as they are blurry and look timed. While his are far away from his body and such.

I think she gained entry to his house via a check for the car, something she was in the area and wanted to drop it off. That's why she brought it up during interrogation. To understand the truth, pick up ONLY what she asks about - because those are the things she did on purpose.

No one in Jodi's former life had ever met Travis AFAIK. Her parents said they had never met him and really didn't know a lot about him. I'm not sure what you were expecting Travis or his friends to do in this situation. Jodi is a grown adult and is solely responsible for her actions. It isn't everyone else's job to make sure she doesn't make a decision to brutally end someone's life. And just because she exhibited signs of mental illness, does not mean she is forced to brutally murder another human being. She did that of her own volition.

Respectfully BBM: Mental illness and personality disorders are two completely different conditions. There is no treatment or cure for what ails Jodi Arias. Her mother made the statement that she is bi-polar. Obviously Dr. Demarte thought otherwise. Jodi Arias is a dangerous psychopath/sociopath, and needs to be kept away from the rest of society so she never harms another human being. No treatment exists that would make that otherwise. Think about Ted Bundy...would he have benefitted from any kind of treatment?

There are psychopaths/sociopaths who can function within society, but I don't believe Jodi Arias is one of them. MOO. But I do agree with you that she, and she alone, is responsible for her actions.

Couldn't agree more. The only person responsible for allowing herself to be treated as "a three hole wonder" is the defendant.

This is what I think too and I think back about how when I was young and dating some guy I was starting to like said something dis-respectful to me and I left the restaurant we were in and called a friend for a ride home. Never took his calls again. We teach people how to treat us. But was Jodi so damaged that she did not realize that tolerating dis-respect will only get you more of the same?

ONE of your cats? :what:

How many do you have? I have 4 :blushing:

Totally o/t but I have 4 also. I have two inside & two outside. My two inside cats are as spoiled as my kids are. It's really been hard for me to hear the stories of JA abusing animals. I could never do that & I think it says a lot about her.

Well, somebody contacted Jodi's mom and said she needed help and was bi polar. During Flores interview with her mom, she said that is why the family talked Jodi into moving back to Yreka so she could get help and be near family.

Jodi was a grown woman who would not allow her family into her life. She would be very resistant for her family to help her. After all, she probably did not think anything was wrong with her.

Exactly, her cover would have been exposed instantly.

In one of the tapes, (I think when Jodi was being interrogated by Flores) Jodi mentions that she was cleaning Travis' house while he was out on a date with someone and she "fell asleep" on the love sac and that's where she was when Travis arrived home. Who does that? Well, maybe if you have narvcolepsy...but it is amazing how shameless she was in her pursuit of Travis. So utterly creepy.

We are all here for you - however you need to be. Few of us have had to endure the horror and pain you have to live with. This case has made us so passionate. I find myself ranting sometimes because it was all such a sick waste. and I can't go back and change anything - yet want to so much. I would have TA being the man he was destined to be , flaws and all, there for his family and friends as he always was.

BBM

What flaws do you think he had? only what JA says?? To me, he was just a normal, single, 30 yr old.

What really kills me is that Travis said in one of his blogs (?) that this was going to be the "best year yet" for him. Makes me cry.

i need to go back and see how much of her interrogation the jury saw. i don't think they know she said that. there is SO MUCH in this case they haven't been allowed to see.

I don't think they saw that either. That was something that was released very recently to the media. I don't think that ever was presented in the trial. I have no idea why. IMO they should have seen the entire interrogation tape, but that was probably hours and hours of tape and there may be a concept that the prosecution does not want to overload and/or bore the jury and just try to point out the truly damning parts, which in this case was the ninja story and some of her key comments about the murder and how it was or was not committed according to Jodi.

MOO.

What about the stalking, etc? It was not bought in until the defense opened the door. Why couldn't JM introduce that during is CIC? We are only assuming he had no proof. What if he did and the judge ruled it out?

I remember it coming up in some hearing that JM brought it up and said he didn't want to open the door to that testimony from Mimi, i believe, because he didn't want it later to be come an issue for mistrial or something on appeal.

KN attacked JM's "gratuitous" position, saying that he didn't ask for or need the advice. He was arguing for a reason JM didn't want it in there, but JM said he was fine with it as long as it wouldn't be used as a way to thwart the trial later or something to that effect.

So if a woman is willing to behave like a sex slave then by all means take advantage of it? No thanks. I have a daughter and I would love to meet the 'boyfriend' that knicknamed her the three hole wonder.

what? someone named your daughter a 3 hole wonder?
why? what does your daughter think the reason is for that?

The one issue that troubles me about this case is JA was understood by her lover Travis and her friends as being different. She did things that were not normal. Yet she was used as a three hole wonder.
Who is responsible here? Did Travis ever meet JA's parents? Was anyone ever contacted when JA's behavior became symptomatic? JA was a perfect storm ready to erupt having a relationship go terribly wrong.
To sit back after the fact and call her a monster and all the names I have heard doesn't solve this problem.

You can't use the willing. JA is responsible for her behavior and whether or not she chose to get help for whatever issues she had. She was an adult. Travis was not obligated to meet Jodi's parents for any reason. Implying that she had no control and simply "erupted" is silly given the amount of premeditation we know about.

No matter what NEVER she can never be released, I don't even like the idea of her mixing with other prisoners just quietly. She will continue to hurt people in many ways from here on in. She remains and will always remain extremely dangerous and will need to be watched very closely IMO.

I expect more violence from her in prison once the trail is over. I hope she will be on death row, if only to minimise her ability to maim.

Death row inmates are in isolation. If she were in the general population she would request isolation.

Clicked on ur blog..Hilarious!!!:floorlaugh::floorlaugh: maybe 46 could be...Grinding with a potential new love interest only hours after "doing something very bad" to her ex-lover is totally a way to return to normalcy.

hehe

thanks. :D

And flirting with, and exchanging numbers with a guy on the plane ride home from a memorial service. Yup.

I understand what you mean Sleuth, but there are times when humor is appropriate, and almost necessary, to alleviate the horror of what we're reading/seeing every day in this trial. This is the first time I've ever become this invested in the outcome of a trial, including the CA trial. Don't misunderstand me, I followed the CA trial closely but was not able to watch actual testimony throughout, and depended on the information I received online and through the media to keep up with the latest. With this trial I have followed testimony through the live feed right from day one, and it's been exhausting. I, for one, appreciate the levity provided from those here who are funny as he//, and can take my mind off of that horror occassionally and make me laugh.

It doesn't take away from the seriousness of what happened to Travis or the pain that his family is going through, but it does give me some escape from the constant stress I feel from watching this train wreck. I love your posts. :seeya:

I think I can speak for all victim's families by sharing the words of a random travel agent who saw me struggle while making travel arrangements for my son's memorial.

He told me his daughter had also been murdered and he showed me her photo, which was right there on his desk. I have never forgotten his kind words. "I lost my daughter five years ago and I can tell you this. Your life will never be the same--you will never "get over" losing your child. Not a day goes by that I don't think of her and miss her. The difference is that now when I think of her sometimes I smile, remembering something she said or how funny she was. Time does heal but it does not take away the loss."

The families have to go on, we have to find humor and joy in life in spite of the tragedies that ended our loved ones' lives. We are never quite the same but in some ways, we are better--making each day count, making sure our remaining loved ones know we care, etc.

It is all right to laugh and enjoy your own life even though someone you loved with all your heart was taken from you. It is a way to honor them because it is what they would want for us.

I understand what you mean Sleuth, but there are times when humor is appropriate, and almost necessary, to alleviate the horror of what we're reading/seeing every day in this trial. This is the first time I've ever become this invested in the outcome of a trial, including the CA trial. Don't misunderstand me, I followed the CA trial closely but was not able to watch actual testimony throughout, and depended on the information I received online and through the media to keep up with the latest. With this trial I have followed testimony through the live feed right from day one, and it's been exhausting. I, for one, appreciate the levity provided from those here who are funny as he//, and can take my mind off of that horror occassionally and make me laugh.

It doesn't take away from the seriousness of what happened to Travis or the pain that his family is going through, but it does give me some escape from the constant stress I feel from watching this train wreck. I love your posts. :seeya:

BBM. Think how much Weebles posts meant to us -- or at least me! Made some of those days of testimony bearable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agirlnamedbob