weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #154

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know. There is no way he can even call 16 rebuttal witnesses. It was an exaggeration for emphasis. Can't take any more of the trial. Just can't. I want the jury to hit the deliberation room and get this dog and pony show on the road.
Have you considered that the reference to "SIXTEENTH" means the version or number of revisions to the Supplemental List of Witnesses document. That's how I interpreted the title.

BBM~ I don't think they're afraid of her per se, maybe enchanted by her?

Yes, I know, it's just strange and you have to wonder what JA has on all these people that they're so afraid of her - at least that's what it sounds like.

She seems very immature, too bad Dr. D can't post here and give us her professional opinion of her. :facepalm:

I'll be stunned if it doesn't take her a whole day to cross examine the witness from Wal Mart about not returnng the gas can. :floorlaugh:

Yes. If she can, she will. She will ask them how they did in Middle School and High School and if they have ever been tested for whatever disorder, etc...

I would not be in the least surprised!

m00

I just want to know what happened to the "whole truth and nothing but the truth" in our justice system. When did it become, keep out all a lot of the truth and anything goes for the defense in the way of lying to save a cold blooded murderer, including killing the victim, in name, all over again.

as we humans continue to evolve, it seems we tend to also over-engineer at times iykwim? We need to get back to basics in many ways including justice during dp cases imo

Listening to Mimi Hall again....

If JA knew definitively that MH wasn't romantically interested in TA, would he still be here? I'm wondering if the murder would have happened anyway, if not on June 4th, than at some other point.

Another poster (sorry, I forgot who! But you are super smart!) posited that perhaps the stolen engagement ring was not only the crux of the venomous emails from TA to JA in late May, but also the reason for which he allowed her to come back on June 4.......

To return the property (ring) she stole from him. Before he outted her as the liar and thief she was.....to everyone they knew!

To me, anyway, that theory makes all the pieces fit.

Nice thinking, poster! Sorry I spaced your name!

GO to the 2:35 moment and watch from there :)...

OMG that is hilarious!! I got watch the whole thing!! JW is unbelievable..She needs to give talking to witnesses in the medical field..makes her look d.u.m.b.

:welcome6::welcome5:
:seeya:

Hi WS guys (what do you call yourselves?? :blushing: ). I've been a long time lurker :popcorn: . I was always too shy to post, but everyone seems to be friendly and open to new people, so here I am! :innocent:

I live in Japan, so I watch the trial on Youtube. However, on the last trial day, I stayed up until deep in the morning to watch it live! I've been entrenched in the case from the beginning. What lured me at first is that this case involves the LDS church. I'm an exmormon and find it very interesting to observe the trial from that perspective. :detective:

I wish I had written much earlier, but I look forward to "edifying" this board sometimes :luv: :blue:

Listening to Mimi Hall again....

If JA knew definitively that MH wasn't romantically interested in TA, would he still be here? I'm wondering if the murder would have happened anyway, if not on June 4th, than at some other point.

I believe that Travis was done with her and would NEVER marry her. He had made that quite clear. She would never be the one. He was actively seeking a wife and Jodi was NOT even a remote possibility and that infuriated her. Jodi was obsessed with marrying Travis and cutting him off from his family and friends. She hated his family and friends because they saw through her and rejected her completely.

It doesn't matter that MH wasn't so interested in Travis. Platonic friendships can often lead to love in the Mormom community because the couple focuses on their shared values and their families and the community. Their relationship is built on these things and their desire to fulfill their potential as Mormons of good standing in the community and raise children. (I have heard quite a few Mormon love stories where the couples "took it on faith" that they were a good match (as per their friends and families) and gave love a chance and were surprised at how much they fell in love with each other.

This is something Jodi could NEVER offer. She was an empty shell with nothing inside, quite like a gaudy blowup doll who does little more than serve for sex and then be cast aside and she was deflating quickly. And she knew it.

BBM~ I don't think they're afraid of her per se, maybe enchanted by her?

Not enchanted imo. Scared. She's got chit on them for sure. When did DB separate? Was he involved with her already prior to his separation? (DB made such a point of saying how wonderful she was and all but he never left her alone with his child? Uhm huh? ) Was MM ever in trouble with the law? For what? Why has he conveniently disappeared off the face of the earth?

We don't know anything about these people. Who the heck knows what she has on them?

moo

*coff coff*

First rule of ban(d) camp:

We don't talk about ban(d) camp.

It's not 16 rebuttal witnesses - he's filed 16 supplemental witness lists. Doesn't mean he'll call them all.

Exactly.

Anyone remember when KN was postulating his motion for mistrial and he wanted the film from HLN about Travis shooting guns? Dave Hall stood up in the courtroom and was ID. JM immediately requested a suponena for DH. DH left the courtroom since as a witness he could stay in the courtroom. I'm sure DH was added, but since the defense dropped the "shooting guns" issue, then I don't think JM will call DH. Why open up that :worms: if the defense dropped it? Add one, drop same one later = supp. list of witnesses.

JMO.

The testing of the shelves wasn't done until IIRC March 2013 - long after new owners took over the house, so unclear if shelves were ever altered.

Uh oh. I can hear it now "if the shelf don't flip, you must aquit!" it many other witty sayings ...

I've taken those tests before. It was obvious to me that a lot of them are asked over and over again phrased in a different way. I'm guessing that's how they determine malingering. If I noticed, probably JA noticed too.

Agree.. <nods> These days, even Job interview questionaires are this way.
50 questions or so, with subtle variants, are posed to catch the phoney answers.
I'll be happy when the smokescreen of mental health issues is over, and we are back to premeditation.
Which is what this case is really about. All the defense has done, is muddy waters, and cause good people pain.

She was angry because she had to live at her grandparents and go back to waitressing life lacking financial stability.

She could of had it all being Travis' trophy wife, but he rejected her.

I think without him in her life anymore, she lost control.

She pretended to move on but was obsessed and went into a violent fury filled with rage.

She wanted to be 100% certain she was last woman he would ever be with. moo

I agree with you.

What do you think her true motive was?

Can you just imagine standing in that house, with all that blood and TA's dead body and trying to process that? I do not know if JA is able to feel panic (maybe so, since it is about herself), but she must have been frantic.

Stuffing TA into that tiny shower, trying to clean up, remember everything, and get out of the house before getting caught. I hope the horror of those few moments haunt her for the rest of her miserable life. I do not think she was bothered by killing TA but I hope that she remembers scrambling like a hunted rat to save her own skin forever.

Oh man, I'm so sorry. You can't let the decisions one girl made define you. Look Astro, I don't think that was all there was to that diagnosis, I think it was the one thing Dr D was allowed to talk about, the DT did not want the jury to know what she found other than that.

But I do see where you guys are coming from and my heart goes out to you. It really does.

Jodi overlapped several personality disorders irrc. Personality disorders/BPD/ are common..people with them are common and everywhere. I'm a chef and let me tell you my profession is filled with wonderfully creative, self-avowed disordered /genius/ bordeline/bpd / youname it. Artisic souls, CEOs, Surgeons, fighter pilots...a fine line everywhere. Jodi is different.... along the lines of Bundy imo, but less intelligent. Her true diagnosis prob won't be heard until after trial when the restrictions are off. I think most people do in fact understand BPD and I'm sorry if you have had to listen to a few who are clueless. Ignore them if possible bc there will always be friends elsewhere

There was a motion put in by the the defense: 4/7/2013 MOT - Motion 4/8/2013
NOTE: MOTION TO PRECLUDE; ANY AND ALL EVIDENCE RELATED ANY WEIGHT ASSESSMENTS OR TESTING ON SHELVING AT PLACE OF DEATH

Don't know that the outcome was.....

I think I read in a minute entry it was granted, but it would be great if someone confirmed this

I thought Dr. D had her figured out pretty straight on, but I just couldn't shake the young 'new grad' feel she put out. She attempted to speak like a seasoned and wise old pro, but her young vibe was still out in front for me, blurring the expert personna she was trying to create. An interesting contrast to ALV, whom I did not respect, despite her "35 years of experience". She seemed congealed in the 70's, outdated and biased against men. (Not to mention dead wrong in her conclusions) I'm going to have to go with Dr. D getting the winning points here. I am, however, concerned a bit by some of the questions from the jury. In my imagination, at this point they would ALL be solidly against JA and the nonsense her 'experts' served up. Oh well, one can dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member