weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #154

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. There is virtually no magic pill or any fast way to treat BPD. I have to maintain therapy weekly and go to support groups to keep myself relearning how to behave. my PTSD is obviously addressed differently and any depression I tend to feel - I address it separately too. I can see where her mom would think it's bi - polar disorder though. She was noticing Jodi's mood swings (highs/lows). That's not to say Jodi doesn't have Bi polar, but no one else has picked up on that so I'm guessing it's her BPD that they are seeing instead.

Her need for secrecy is a paranoia due to her mischievous and diabolical desires. She's living all these different lives (something very common with BPD) and didn't want the lives intermixing. I'm just mystified on why she's NOT a self harmer, addict or sex worker! She doesn't have an ED or anything... and so that makes me question if she's not BPD in true sense of the term. She lacks some very common themes we are plagued with.

AstroKitty - I wanted to clarify that I don't think everyone with a BPD is dangerous. BPD is a broad categorization, and encompasses many, many disorders. I think Jodi Arias is far more disordered than the good doctor was able to speak about on the stand. Many people with BPD receive treatment and are able to be good citizens. I just don't believe that JA falls within that spectrum.

I hope you didn't take any offense to my post. I am not a mental health professional, but I have been intrigued with personality disorders for a long time due to my experience in dealing with some people in my life who I believe are BPD. Hugs to you, and thank you for your kind post.

I think she's starving herself- she's lost ALOT of weight and I don't think it's from nerves.

This is probably the only nice thing I would say about JA, compassion for her. But she is miserable. To me its written all over her.

Its not because she is guilty and remorseful though. IMHO, she knows the jury is getting ready to get the case. She will be judged by 12 people and given her fate. She is not in control of any of that. She can't be there when they deliberate to state her side and sway them in anyway. She won't be able to change a story, lie a little better or blame a little bit more.

K

Kind of off topic - have the attorneys been seeing the juror questions before they are asked of every witness? I know that they saw them at least once - and the attorneys were able to object to certain questions. I haven't heard any more about that since then. Are the juror questions a surprise to the attorneys as they are read?

I refer to the little spaces just inside bank doors that have ATM machines but are closed off from the main bank lobby as ATM vestibules.

If I were on the jury one of the most frustrating things would be the limited amount of TA and JA's journals and electronic communications entered into evidence. Both ALV and Doc D referenced discussions they will not be able to see. I'd be spittin nails.

I thought it was his pastor who he had dinner with on Sundays,someone correct me if I am wrong.I thought I read the statement was made in a serious tone!Please someone correct me if I am wrong.I don't want to mislead anyone

He was very serious. When the person he said it to started laughing, Travis got a serious look on his face and said, "I'm not joking."

It's sad because there are stories that I hear that that Travis knew something was going to happen to him. On the day Jodi arrived, Travis had been up all night trying to drive out evil or something like that. His roommate said something to that effect. And at that moment his obsessed murderer was making her way to him.

The judge's "chambers" is her personal office.

The courtroom is in a highrise building isn't it? I'm wondering if they moved JA's trial to a courtroom on a different floor than the judge's office -- maybe it is larger, or can accommodate cameras, or has better computer capabilities, or something. So when they meet "in chambers" the judge's office is too far away and they make do with the hallway. JMO and pure speculation

Kind of off topic - have the attorneys been seeing the juror questions before they are asked of every witness? I know that they saw them at least once - and the attorneys were able to object to certain questions. I haven't heard any more about that since then. Are the juror questions a surprise to the attorneys as they are read?

They go over all of them in advance and can object to some as well.

I hope the jury reviews early testimony. I've been listening to det. Flores. The second phone conversation he had with her is the first time she mentions 2 intruders.I'd completely forgotten that!

BBM

Wow, I thought she had been arrested and was giving him the "I wasn't there" story, then the next day, changed it to the two intruders story. Do you have a link to these phone conversations? TIA.

The courtroom is in a highrise building isn't it? I'm wondering if they moved JA's trial to a courtroom on a different floor than the judge's office -- maybe it is larger, or can accommodate cameras, or has better computer capabilities, or something. So when they meet "in chambers" the judge's office is too far away and they make do with the hallway. JMO and pure speculation

HA...the same courtroom that has had endless audio difficulties?

This is probably the only nice thing I would say about JA, compassion for her. But she is miserable. To me its written all over her.

Its not because she is guilty and remorseful though. IMHO, she knows the jury is getting ready to get the case. She will be judged by 12 people and given her fate. She is not in control of any of that. She can't be there when they deliberate to state her side and sway them in anyway. She won't be able to change a story, lie a little better or blame a little bit more.

K

Yet everyday (almost) in court she has this "smugness " to her....yuck

Jodi never sought help because she is TRULY CRAZY. Crazy people don't think they are crazy. She thinks she's fine and everyone else is wrong. This isn't BPD this is flat out insanity.

Not meaning to pick on you LoL, just jumping off of your post because I think you are bang on. As I said in my last post to you, I think JA's disorder goes way beyond BPD. Not insanity, but true psychopathy. I cited Eric Harris in one of my posts tonight, and I would encourage anyone who isn't familiar with his crime to read up on his history. He would have been an extremely dangerous individual had he not taken himself out. His delusions of grandeur were remarkable, and his ideations of taking out the entire world because everyone was beneath him are fascinating. I think JA fits that mold much more than BPD. MOO.

I see...thanks! I wonder if he knew she had "found out" about this 'other woman' because, once again, she was stalking/following him?

Someone in one of these threads awhile back said that Travis surmised that Jodi was finding out things because she had again been hacking into his emails etc.

And she seemed indignant about the question.. She is aware of everything she did.She is not a lost little girl she is a woman who feels entitled to have whatever she wants and if not given to her, she takes it or destroys it.

bbm

To me the jury was most offended by her "fog" and by this pretense that she was some young naive victim that perpetrator Travis led into kinky sex by his warped interpretation of the Morman doctrine of chastity.
She was 26-27 years old and knew darn well what the rules were. To pretend otherwise now just to slander the man she killed is really sick. One listen to the sex tape (and we and the jurors have had to hear it more than once!) and it's crystal clear she was just as into it as he was if not more so.

I wanted to remind everyone that one of TA's sister's is LE. So Jodi hurt a cops family member. no bueno! She's going to get death row, I just don't think she will get Life without Parole or some absurd amount of years. I believe she'll get death row and spend 23 hours locked down. The good thing about this is

a) AZ hasn't put anyone "down" in a very long time. She will live out her life in Solitary confinement.

* I'm sure she'll have a fan club and get married though. They all do. But she won't be able to have relationships in jail if she's on Death row, as far as with another inmate.

b) she won't ever have sex again.

c) she will never be touched again.

d) Implants have to be replaced every 8-10 years (I have a set), if she has an issue in jail and her *advertiser censored* deflate... she will be stuck.

BBM

Wow, I thought she had been arrested and was giving him the "I wasn't there" story, then the next day, changed it to the two intruders story. Do you have a link to these phone conversations? TIA.

This is exactly what I thought too...I was corrected and will be listening to the convos as soon as Santana's Smooth is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Onus