weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #154

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's kind of incredible to me that the Law of Attraction has made so many appearances in this trial.

The courtroom is in a highrise building isn't it? I'm wondering if they moved JA's trial to a courtroom on a different floor than the judge's office -- maybe it is larger, or can accommodate cameras, or has better computer capabilities, or something. So when they meet "in chambers" the judge's office is too far away and they make do with the hallway. JMO and pure speculation

Hmmm...I doubt it, it's a relatively new building so the court rooms should be identical. Who knows.

Respectfully, she wasn't saying she thought someone else was racist, she said SHE was called a racist by her neighbor for report child neglect. The mother couldn't accept that she was reported for locking her children out of the house and so she called the reporting party a racist.

I am sorry you have been called names. I find name-calling a crutch of ignorant people and it's just not okay.

Also, not really the thread for this. :). Sorry for the OT.

That's not what that poster was saying. That poster was saying that personal experiences should not be a reason to deem everything racist OR vice VERSA, which is to minimize what being racist is.

Just because someone accused someone else of being racist, but they were not racists, doesn't mean all claims of racism are overreactions or false.

Someone in one of these threads awhile back said that Travis surmised that Jodi was finding out things because she had again been hacking into his emails etc.

I'm surprised they didn't find that JA had also bugged his house.

I thought it was his pastor who he had dinner with on Sundays,someone correct me if I am wrong.I thought I read the statement was made in a serious tone!Please someone correct me if I am wrong.I don't want to mislead anyone

I'm not sure it was a pastor, but I recall seeing the interview on TV. I was thinking the man was a father of one of Travis' friends and the whole family loved Travis and treated him as one of their sons. Travis had dinner with them every Sunday. And, yes Travis told him that if he ever missed a Sunday dinner it would be because Jodi killed him.

The father didn't qualify the statement as if it was done in a joking way. And for him to remember the statement makes me think he took it seriously.:twocents:

I do think she gets a chance to say something before she is sentence.Correct me if I am wrongs lawyers & I will delete my post.But every trial I have seen the judge always asks if they have something to say!!

It says here-she does get to speak!
http://www.pcao.pima.gov/criminaljusticeprocess.aspx

Thanks, that was a very interesting read! So first Travis' family speaks and then JA, I wonder if she has a time limit on how long she can speak.

Hey, I just noticed there are over 100 guests lurking here.

Please join us before we drive each other crazy (just kidding!). Seriously, we always need new opinions and points of view.

It's really easy to sign up even if you have one of "those" email addresses (like gmail). When you sign up you get the chance to send an email to the Mods and they set everything up.

I'm surprised they didn't find that JA had also bugged his house.

Ew, I saw a movie this reminds me of. Tom Hanks's creepy son is in it. He's obsessed with this girl and puts cameras all over her house. Creeped me out!!

Do you remember what was said exactly?

JW was questioning Dr. D's work with convicted sex offenders and I don't remember how JW walked into it but immediately afterwards, Dr. D, using pedophiles as an example, said that family and friends of the offenders will see signs before the incident, such as inappropriate comments about and around children and they'll try to be near children as much as possible.

Basically saying pedophiles aren't springing from rooms offending without many red flags and signals over time.

It was awesome.

You can't use the willing. JA is responsible for her behavior and whether or not she chose to get help for whatever issues she had. She was an adult. Travis was not obligated to meet Jodi's parents for any reason. Implying that she had no control and simply "erupted" is silly given the amount of premeditation we know about.

Just wanted to highlight this statement and give it an AMEN!!!!

That's not what that poster was saying. That poster was saying that personal experiences should not be a reason to deem everything racist OR vice VERSA, which is to minimize what being racist is.

Just because someone accused someone else of being racist, but they were not racists, doesn't mean all claims of racism are overreactions or false.

I didn't say it to the poster as I was the original poster but that's not what I meant. I did not mean that all claims of racism are overreactions or false. IF there are those who want to insist and believe that's what I meant....nothing I can do about it.

I'm not a big fan of Dr. Drew but I did see him give a really good explanation of why Michael Jackson's doctor (Murray? Can't remember his name) got himself into so much trouble. Dr. Drew said that doctors should never tie themselves to a single patient, and a patient should never have a single doctor. He said protocols are there for a reason, and they would possibly prevented what happened to MJ. He said that had Murray brought in other experts (for drug issues, etc.) it's more unlikely he would have died.

That's what I liked about Dr. DeMarte. She followed protocols. Everything she did with JA would have been done no matter who the State had hired. That's why I'm more inclined to listen to her than the other experts who didn't follow protocol.

Right! She followed protocol, testified clearly and the jury only had 19 questions!
So different from the unorganized presentation of Samuels and obstinate testimony of Alyce that left the jury with over a hundred questions each.

I wanted to remind everyone that one of TA's sister's is LE. So Jodi hurt a cops family member. no bueno! She's going to get death row, I just don't think she will get Life without Parole or some absurd amount of years. I believe she'll get death row and spend 23 hours locked down. The good thing about this is

a) AZ hasn't put anyone "down" in a very long time. She will live out her life in Solitary confinement.

* I'm sure she'll have a fan club and get married though. They all do. But she won't be able to have relationships in jail if she's on Death row, as far as with another inmate.

b) she won't ever have sex again.

c) she will never be touched again.

d) Implants have to be replaced every 8-10 years (I have a set), if she has an issue in jail and her *advertiser censored* deflate... she will be stuck.

BBM: SWEET!!! :floorlaugh: Thx for that lil giggle you just gave me! hehe

JW was questioning Dr. D's work with convicted sex offenders and I don't remember how JW walked into it but immediately afterwards, Dr. D, using pedophiles as an example, said that family and friends of the offenders will see signs before the incident, such as inappropriate comments about and around children and they'll try to be near children as much as possible.

Basically saying pedophiles aren't springing from rooms offending without many red flags and signals over time.

It was awesome.

Thank you! I wasn't always watching that day (I hate seeing people embarrass themselves) and I knew something was said, but couldn't remember exactly what.

Interesting that that is the exact opposite of what Samuels said.

It's kind of incredible to me that the Law of Attraction has made so many appearances in this trial.

I guess it is kind of like those posters from the 80's and 90's.......you can do it !!!!...i think i am good, therefore i am good !..lol

Agreed. But hey, some people might think that he was able to "defend" himself.

In a shower, naked with a crazy cross eyed biatch you thought was out of your local life.....foreva ????

i think not.

moo

I wanted to remind everyone that one of TA's sister's is LE. So Jodi hurt a cops family member. no bueno! She's going to get death row, I just don't think she will get Life without Parole or some absurd amount of years. I believe she'll get death row and spend 23 hours locked down. The good thing about this is

a) AZ hasn't put anyone "down" in a very long time. She will live out her life in Solitary confinement.

* I'm sure she'll have a fan club and get married though. They all do. But she won't be able to have relationships in jail if she's on Death row, as far as with another inmate.

b) she won't ever have sex again.

c) she will never be touched again.

d) Implants have to be replaced every 8-10 years (I have a set), if she has an issue in jail and her *advertiser censored* deflate... she will be stuck.

BBM

I recently heard that some guy in prison was requesting the state to pay for his sex change operation. I would never rule out Jodi getting her implants replaced and paid for by the state. We live in a crazy a-- world!

Kind of off topic - have the attorneys been seeing the juror questions before they are asked of every witness? I know that they saw them at least once - and the attorneys were able to object to certain questions. I haven't heard any more about that since then. Are the juror questions a surprise to the attorneys as they are read?

They get to see them before they're read to the witness and can object to them. I know there were several objections from both sides on the questions for JA. JA got to see the questions and prepare before they were read to her.

I guess it is kind of like those posters from the 80's and 90's.......you can do it !!!!...i think i am good, therefore i am good !..lol

Every day in every way I am getting better and better.

(I believe that's from the 1920's, which goes to show how long this kind of thinking has been around. And, no, I wasn't around then. I just read too much. :floorlaugh:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth