weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #155

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno about the USA but in Australia the fingers like that is definitely not a 'peace' sign, it's a FU...

Consensus?

Just checking in for a minute,haven't been here much,getting some stuff done around here finally,but I do agree with you,I never thought that was a peace sign either,I agree with your version.

19th/20th century American lit; I think you said you are a medievalist?

Yes, Medieval Europe/Iberia/Late Medieval Castile. Naturally, this will remain our little secret, Professor. ;)

It looks to me like he is just gesticulating with his hand while talking.

In my imagination, they are conversing and she is messing with the camera contemporaneously and takes this pic... prolly deletes it immediately after

i was thinking back to the may 26 txt where travis was calling her evil and it was speculated by many that she threatened to blackmail him with the recorded phone call etc.

if that were true WHY on earth would he pose for naked pix. even shower pix at that point. he wouldn't trust her at all. even if she apologized and said she was kidding.

this leaves me perplexed. why was he so mad in the txt, and is he a willing participant in those pictures. the two don't go well together. but anything is possible i guess. she was a master manipulator.

I think he is like gimme my new camera... moo

Just asking, because some peeps believe they did not have sex that day.

I think he is aware that his picture is being taken, and he appears to be holding his hand up showing the "peace" sign but I would not use the word "posing".

Why are you asking?

It looks to me like he is just gesticulating with his hand while talking.

In my imagination, they are conversing and she is messing with the camera contemporaneously and takes this pic... prolly deletes it immediately after

omg, how debasing to do that, i thought she didn't want to de-edify him in any way.

Good night folks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

her conduct as an expert witness is deplorable. She turned this into a show and an a forum for her agenda. She made it about her and her battle with mean mr. Martinez. What kind of expert brings their little cheerleaders to support their testimony, as if they're doing battle? She was absolutely partial and her showing up and sitting in the defense side of the court room is even more deplorable. I honestly think she would have done better if she talked in general terms and just talked about how jodi's behavior could fit that of a battered woman and left it at that. She tarnished the name of a dead man she doesn't even know. A man who was killed by the one woman he talked about being scared of. She is a dangerous woman and i hope she never testifies again for anyone.

amen.

To me he looks completely surprised. Also it's a cr@ppy photo for a "pro," as about 99% are. Lousy pics. That's why I don't believe her "photo shoot" cover-up story. The photos are awful, except for the obvious one, the one right before she killed him, and he knew it was going to happen. I hate that photo for that reason.

Yea, a 5-year old could take a better pic than that. (OMG, isn't that the line of hers?? I seriously just said it myself, then remembered it was one of her lines...creeeepy). I have not seen ONE picture she's taken that remotely resembles anything professional-looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleuth5 View Post
My wife thinks Michelangelo did okay.

So did I :blush:

UH OHHHH, I have always assumed you were too lol.:blushing:

Unless you're into cross dressers or transgendered folks... It's all cool with me! Whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, that goes without saying. I was only specifying that particular situation.

i was thinking back to the may 26 txt where travis was calling her evil and it was speculated by many that she threatened to blackmail him with the recorded phone call etc.

if that were true WHY on earth would he pose for naked pix. even shower pix at that point. he wouldn't trust her at all. even if she apologized and said she was kidding.

this leaves me perplexed. why was he so mad in the txt, and is he a willing participant in those pictures. the two don't go well together. but anything is possible i guess. she was a master manipulator.

Me too, MistyM! I cannot wrap my head around the conversation that must have taken place that day. I used to think well, he's a 30 year old guy with a willing participant, so he said what the heck. Then I changed and thought she forced him/ sneaked in, threatened him the whole day. Then nixed that idea. But it bugs me too. Also, why would she bother with all the photos in the first place? I guess to lure him into the shower to get him in a vulnerable position, but why all the bedroom pics? And why the 3 or so hour delay between sex pics and shower pics? :banghead:

Yes I do. But appears very uncomfortable.

I agree. He knew she was there. He had some sort of sexual contact with her. He did it to humor her, IMO. He was moving on from her and she was acting like she was doing the same. I think he was hoping to placate her, that she would be satisfied enough and move on. He never saw it coming. I think he felt uneasy with her but was thinking she would visit and move along. Maybe he was scared she'd act out if he didn't go along with the sex. He was an active participant but he was not happy about it. He was scared of her but didnt know what she was capable of.

I dunno about the USA but in Australia the fingers like that is definitely not a 'peace' sign, it's a FU...

Consensus?

I learn new things from you guys all the time - I never knew this.

The “V” – In America, the V, made by extending only the index and middle fingers while splayed, is synonymous with either victory, as made famous by Pres. Nixon and Winston Churchill, or peace, as made famous by the hippies. But in many other English-speaking countries, like Great Britain and Australia, the V-sign with the palm facing outward is an obscene gesture, on par with the middle finger. Though you may simply be signaling the number 2, it is important to remember to face the palm toward yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper