Welcome our Chemist to Websleuths/Syringe in bottle and traces of chloroform #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
To my mind it's just another effort to distract people from the fact that there were coffin flies present in KC's car along with decomposition from her daughter.
Does it matter if the coffin flies died of Chloroform or old age?

No. The fact that they were there at all speaks for itself. :furious:

Lol, ZsaZsa! A tiny, little post mortem! Haha! Seriously, though. I wonder if the high amounts of chloro would inhibit the flies in any way? You know, make them want to stay away instead of allowing them to be drawn in droves to the body? Many on here have speculated that if Caylee had been in that trunk decomposing for any length of time it would have drawn hordes of flies. I tend to agree. However, I can't help but wonder if the high concentration of chloroform might have kept the flies at bay. KWIM?

When they examine the contents of the coffin flies' stomachs and find Caylee's DNA it won't matter what they died of..... :innocent:

Just a quick question? What kind of work were you doing that required Chloroform to be placed into a syringe? Not trying to be snarky actually wondering as I thought it was only used as an industrial solvent in the making of Teflon, R22 and bonding of Plexiglass now (hasn't been allowed in consumer products since the 70's). Many years ago it was used as an anesthetic but wasn't that in vapor form?

Dental nurse. The chloroform was used to melt the plastic from bodged root canals which are filled with little slivers of plastic called gutta-percha points .

To my mind it's just another effort to distract people from the fact that there were coffin flies present in KC's car along with decomposition from her daughter.
Does it matter if the coffin flies died of Chloroform or old age?

Many were alive.

The reason I am asking is how can we have it both ways? How can high levels of chlorform kill humans and not flies. It does matter. Now we could say it disipated over time, but then how does it come out in an air sample in high levels. This is why I would like a chemist to answer this very important question. Also would high levels of chloroform kill the larvae? thanks

How funny that just this afternoon there was a CSI episode that discussed the life cycle of a blow fly and that certain substances could delay the reproduction cycle yet not eliminate it. Wow.....Karma via CSI. Given AL's distaste for the CSI effect......I find that so amusing. I depart to laugh in private.

Here is the episode link with transcripts for fun.

http://www.crimelab.nl/transcripts.php?series=1&season=6&episode=6

NO, I am NOT citing CSI as a referfence. Just find it soooooooooooooooooooooooo amusing.

The reason I am asking is how can we have it both ways? How can high levels of chlorform kill humans and not flies. It does matter. Now we could say it disipated over time, but then how does it come out in an air sample in high levels. This is why I would like a chemist to answer this very important question. Also would high levels of chloroform kill the larvae? thanks

This really is a good question. It would probably have to be answered by a forensic entomologist rather than a chemist, though. Interesting as it is, it doesn't really make me have doubts about the credibility of either fact that the coffin flies were present or the presence of the high levels of chloroform. I would guess it's either dissipation or resistance. MOO.

Valid points. Hopefully, DogMom will read here and answer the question, or lead us in the direction of the answer.

I wonder if the defense is going to try to create an indirect argument between Dr Vass and Dr Haskell. Dr Vass may have stuck his neck out here a little bit. In his emails to M Vincent he showed concern about the Chloroform evidence being released to early. He also recommended Dr Haskell to him.

I assumed that Ga removed the battery because they left the doors and trunk open and he didn't want the lights to run down the battery, but I never thought that he may have thought the smell was flammable. Is chloroform flammable?

Refresher on the coffin flies/hair and wiped up decomposition of the fluids in the trunk of Casey Anthony's car....

http://www.wesh.com/news/21714207/detail.html

Snipped from news article:

In a more recent report, entomologist Neil Haskell found coffin flies on the paper towels and inside Anthony's car trunk. He concluded someone wiped up decomposition fluids in the trunk. That say's it all.

The source within the investigation also points out an FBI lab finding that hairs recovered from Caylee Anthony's skull and to the single strand with the so-called death band recovered from the trunk.

The FBI report said they exhibit the "the same microscopic characteristics" and are "consistent with originating from the same source."

While that FBI report states the hairs do not constitute a basis for absolute personal identification, it can be argued the hair from a dead body inside Anthony's trunk matches strands from Caylee's skull. Dead body in Casey Anthony's car!!!

Haskell also concluded that from the colonization of coffin flies at the scene, Caylee's remains were dumped there as early as late June. Combine that with evidence of "grave wax" from the towels and matching hairs from the scene and trunk, it appears to be a forensic trail leading right back to Casey Anthony, the source said.

ETA: How many friends or family members, neighbor's etc...anyone...do you know in this lifetime that have a car that's trunk has coffin flies, smell of a dead body, a hair band of death of a two year old child, a trunk that has the grandparent's and uncle (Lee), stating the odor and of course let's not forget that these folks have not seen Caylee for 31 days. She lived in that home, with all her clothes, belongings, toys for a little over two years.

It just breaks my heart that Caylee was murdered. There were coffin flies in her mommy's car trunk. That is not something that happens by chance. The last person known to have been with Caylee was Casey. 31 Days......before Law Enforcement, Casey's mom, dad, brother, friends ever knew that little Caylee was missing.

I wonder if the defense is going to try to create an indirect argument between Dr Vass and Dr Haskell. Dr Vass may have stuck his neck out here a little bit. In his emails to M Vincent he showed concern about the Chloroform evidence being released to early. He also recommended Dr Haskell to him.

I assumed that Ga removed the battery because they left the doors and trunk open and he didn't want the lights to run down the battery, but I never thought that he may have thought the smell was flammable. Is chloroform flammable?

IIRC they told LE they removed the battery to make sure the car wasn't taken by "someone." During further questioning, they claimed they had no idea who that "someone" might be that would try to take the car. Yeah, right. You can never be too careful about those car thieves that cruise neighborhoods looking for stinky cars! :crazy:

Has anyone thought it possible that the reason it's taking forever for simple lab tests, for example the contents of bottles, is not really because the state is lagging, but because the longer Casey's case drags on, the longer it gives certain people who are seemingly loosely associated to show their true colours?

What if we are really watching a grand performance that is staged, and the entire 18 month saga was concocted for the sole reason for setting a NET to catch a whole network of REAL BIG FISH who swam in, and who were already either directly and indirectly associated with Casey's life?

I'm not a chemist, but I do remember that GA said he could hear maggots munching in the bag from the trunk. I realize this doesn't answer your question, but it was in my head. :)

I have another question for the chemist please. You know this dust off or air can or can of air that we blow our keyboard clean with. Well I heard kids are now getting high from that. And if you get too much it will kill you. I heard it has refridgerant in it. My question is, does it have chlorform in it and could you use it to kill a child.? thanks

I have another question for the chemist please. You know this dust off or air can or can of air that we blow our keyboard clean with. Well I heard kids are now getting high from that. And if you get too much it will kill you. I heard it has refridgerant in it. My question is, does it have chlorform in it and could you use it to kill a child.? thanks

OMG! Does Kronk also clean his keyboard with canned air???? :eek:

A sad aside......I had a friend in the 9th grade that inhaled freon to get high and they died. So sad what kids will huff to get high. I know when I clean my keyboard the can does get very cold. Not a chemist....don't know why it happens....but must be something in that type of product that would cause a can to get cold. Where are you going with that topic???

A sad aside......I had a friend in the 9th grade that inhaled freon to get high and they died. So sad what kids will huff to get high. I know when I clean my keyboard the can does get very cold. Not a chemist....don't know why it happens....but must be something in that type of product that would cause a can to get cold. Where are you going with that topic???

Nowhere really. Just curious. We had a similiar story that a police officer put out to our School District to beware that children are using this now and his child died from it. I would just like to know more about it. I have children too and I have never had that product and it is not in my house and I am glad about that. He investigated and found out that the kids were told that it was just air and it could not hurt you.

Google it notthatsmart and you will see it is such a big deal they have taken it off the shelves in most stores and will not sell it to anyone under the age of 18-like many glues...TONS of deaths from it...

Nowhere really. Just curious. We had a similiar story that a police officer put out to our School District to beware that children are using this now and his child died from it. I would just like to know more about it. I have children too and I have never had that product and it is not in my house and I am glad about that. He investigated and found out that the kids were told that it was just air and it could not hurt you.

So sad isn't it???? My experience was with a friend back in 9th grade....forever ago..........I had never heard of it. I just thought I had missed some discovery about keyboard cleaner. It didn't ring a bell so I was curious.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz
Back